Big Scalper encounter today...

Gordan_Freeman

Okay, so I'm walking into the mall, and near the foodcourt, their is a man with about two tables up with action figures. It's mostly McFarlene sports figures, but I notice some Marvel Legends, so I go check it out. He's got Hawkeye and Vision, and a good chunk of series 10,11 and 12. Unfortunatly, he's selling everything, variants and nonvariants, for 20 to 25 dollars. I should also note that I found a Hawkeye and a Vision yesterday, at the Walmart near the mall. So, later on, when I go into the KBtoys, I notice that they have a crapload of Maestros and Sasquatchs, but only a few bishops and a lone wolverine. I then notice that they are also packing an Omega Red and a Black Panther. It was at that point, that I realized that the dude I saw earlier probably bought up most of the Marvel Legends in his kiosk at this Kbtoys, and at the Walmart I was at earlier. What a (censored by Rain). It wasn't even like he was doing a service or anything: he bought up most of the interesting and rare Marvel Legends in the immediate area, and he then marked them up and sold them in the same area he got them from. God, I just want to punch him in his friggin face. Besides that, he was also selling a beat up, clear 12 inch predator for 80 bucks.

Edited by Rain

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should make this more clear: The man bought up most of the good and rare Marvel Legends in the immediate vicinity, then marked them up to twenty dollars and sold them in a kiosk IN THE SAME AREA.

in a what? :S

& yeah I hate guys who do that :S

Its like ... just order in you're own freakn cases lol, then charge whatever you like :P!

Personaly I'd be more happy to pay more for a figure from someone that I KNEW that did that than the above type of guy

Well if he's jacking up the prices THAT much then I'd just hang around and wait for his going out of business sale, which is sure to come quickly. A lot of the figures from ML 9-12 (even a few of the variants) don't even sell for what the retail price was (some go a little over) on ebay so I wouldn't think a little kiosk will do any better.

I don't blame you for wanting to punch this guy in the face, but the trouble wouldn't be worth it. Now if you happen to stop and get a nice big, hot cup of coffee somewhere and as you walked by the guy at his kiosk just happen to trip and "accidentally" spill the coffee on Mr. Scalper, well, that would be a REAL shame! @lol@

What can ya' say? Accidents happen, right?!?

Yeah, scalpers are a huge pain, i don't blame you for wanting to punch this guy.

I like your sig too, Thy Juggalo. We'll see what Hasbro does with the ML line, if it is bad then ETERNAL DAMNATION! @firedevil@

I've seen this happen. They do these collector's shows at a mall up in Mishawaka that I go to sometimes. The guy was LITERALLY selling everything at his booth right outside the KBToys store. This was back when ML9 was brand new. He had everything for $20-$75. I told him he was a piece of $#!+ for robbing true collectors and kids in such a way. He offered to take $5 off a variant ML7 Ghost Rider. I told him to swallow a knife. I hate these people.

Normally I wouldn't condone theft, but you should really just walk up to his kiosk, grab the most valuable stuff he's got, and run like hell.

And if he's operating in a mall, shouldn't there be some policy against him buying stuff from stores right there and then reselling for higher prices? That sort of scalping is actually illegal in some places. You should ask mall security or something.

HAAA that pred doesn't evn go for that much!!! I can get it on ebay for what $45 plus shipping???

The worst part was that it looked like someone had sex with the box. It was messed up to hell, with a bunch of tears and whatnot. Horrible condition.

I don't blame you for wanting to punch this guy in the face, but the trouble wouldn't be worth it. Now if you happen to stop and get a nice big, hot cup of coffee somewhere and as you walked by the guy at his kiosk just happen to trip and "accidentally" spill the coffee on Mr. Scalper, well, that would be a REAL shame! @lol@

What can ya' say? Accidents happen, right?!?

yeah that would be the best course of action, or the one that said grab alot and run, i'd probably do a combo, spill the coffee and while he's disorented, grab and run, best of both worlds. We got a guy that comes to the wally hear from what my cousin was telling me but i've never seen him, but if i do i might accidentally bump into him

jeez, you people, calm down. peple can do what ever they want. if they want to buy every figure and sell it for 4x the money, let them. they found it, bought it, and they can do all they want with it.

The thing is that he's depriving everyone who wants to buy the figures the chance to do so, by removing them from the stores. That, and he has the audacity to sell the figures he bought in the same general area.

So he has his own store in the area where he just buys em at retail and re-sells them? Dude, call someone!!!

So he has his own store in the area where he just buys em at retail and re-sells them? Dude, call someone!!!

Well, it's not even a real kiosk, it's just a set of two/three tables near the food court. And the kbtoys is halfway across the mall. I dunno, but I'm going to write a complaint to the mall.

I love threads like this...always good for a laugh. The never ending whining about how scalpers are runining toy collecting. It's like anything else...they wouldn't snatch this stuff up and resell if there wasn't a demand. Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing. To act like you have some inherent right to merchandise you have not purchased yet is ridiculous and expecting someone to leave it there for real collectors is totally unrealstic. Sorry. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but constantly whining about it is not going to change it. Just my 2 cents.

First come first serve. People can buy what they want. We really need to get over this "scalper" crap. He is in business because people will pay $25 for a figure. If we don't pay, he has no job. People need to worry about themselves. Let him buy all that he wants, I never pay more than retail for something that I want.

First come first serve. People can buy what they want. We really need to get over this "scalper" crap. He is in business because people will pay $25 for a figure. If we don't pay, he has no job. People need to worry about themselves. Let him buy all that he wants, I never pay more than retail for something that I want.

Hell, I'm not even that pissed off that he's scalping. What's really pissing me off is that he's selling his stuff close to the place where he bought it. Like he's waving it up in my face and teasing me. Well, that, and he bought up a bunch of the normal figures, in addition to the chase figures as well. While he might sell off the variant figures at the price he was touting, it takes a malicious kind of person to buy almost all of the normal figures as well.

Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing.

Uh...*raises hand*...i've never used ebay once in my life, so i'm sorry to burst your bubble on the whole "We've all done it" thing.

I love threads like this...always good for a laugh. The never ending whining about how scalpers are runining toy collecting. It's like anything else...they wouldn't snatch this stuff up and resell if there wasn't a demand. Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing. To act like you have some inherent right to merchandise you have not purchased yet is ridiculous and expecting someone to leave it there for real collectors is totally unrealstic. Sorry. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but constantly whining about it is not going to change it. Just my 2 cents.

To be fair, the damn things were over 6 years old, and I only spent about 4 dollars over on each of em. And I think it was cause I overbid.