Check your Walgreens

JoeRhyno

I got my package in the mail today from my homie... Brandon F. Brigance.. what's the F stand for???

FREAKEN SWEET!!!

He got me an orange Utapau Clone and a Scorch, and guess where he got them... WALGREENS!!!

I did local run the last couple of nights and talked to 2 managers and basically each walgreens gets about 2 SW figs when they get their toy delivery, only if they already dont have 2 figures there to begin with. I went to like 5 that had RotS figures still, so they probably wont get the new ones untill hell freezes over and someone buys those 3 Rots Yodas @loll@

anyway.. there were a couple that were empty or had a Poggle or Fun Sac, so I'll be checking these in a couple of days to see if they got more.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this here cause I haven't seen it posted and I'm sure there are still peeps out there that are lookin for these bad boys... oh, and if for some reason, you want a RotS Yoda for $8.. let me know.. I can HOOK YOU UP!!!

I found two of the Tac Ops clones at my Walgreens down the road here. I asked the lady if she had anymore figures, and she explained what you mentioned, that they only get in a few figures at a time. Since I cleared the peg of SW figs there, I need to check back for some Saga goodness :D

Kind of on a related note: There is a chain of farmacies here that are really crappy, but I recently found out that they still have Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 figures still on the pegs! I went in and cleaned them out of Ep. 1 battle droids.

I found two of the Tac Ops clones at my Walgreens down the road here. I asked the lady if she had anymore figures, and she explained what you mentioned, that they only get in a few figures at a time. Since I cleared the peg of SW figs there, I need to check back for some Saga goodness :D

You should ask when they get there truck in.My Walgreens gets theres on Wedensdays and puts out mostly 3 Star Wars figures

You should ask when they get there truck in.My Walgreens gets theres on Wedensdays and puts out mostly 3 Star Wars figures

How wierd, you mean each store doesn't get a full case of 12?

How wierd, you mean each store doesn't get a full case of 12?

No, what happens, is they ship the cases to a walgreens warehouse, then they pack up the stuff there in white plastic bins and ship them to each store... so they only get a handfull in at a time, unless it's around xmas, then they'll probably get more...

most grocery stores do it this way when it comes to toys and smaller items.. heck, WALMART does this with certain item... if you're even in the stores late at night, and you see these white/clearish plastic walmart bins on pallets along with other cases.. that's what this stuff is.. it's just stuff that they dont sell al ot of, so it's shipped to the distribution center and then they ship all those things to the store ;)

Yeah, Joe Rhyno is correct on how Walgreens gets their items. The only time they get in cases if if they are ordered for a sale. Otherwise just about everything comes in those totes. I used to work for Walgreen's. It's actually a good company to work for.

Checked my 24hr Walgreens today on Broadway In Revere, MA. No Star Wars figures of any kind. I'll have to check with them again next week. What's sweet is this one is open 24 hours where most walgreens close by 10:00 P.M.

• 1 month later...

I've got to revive this old thread to remind people to check their Walgreens. I went there this morning to grab some eggs and walked out with eggs, a diet coke--oh yeah, and Cody and an Utapau clone! Man, they had a peg loaded with a mix of the Coruscant and Hoth waves.

Mine still has the ROTS figures and recently I picked up Bly

Thanks again WJ!

Mine still has the ROTS figures and recently I picked up Bly

Thanks again WJ!

So you did get it.You never answered my pm back about it

Hmmm; I thought I replied to that....system hiccup or something perhaps? Either way, thanks again, hope that Utapau Shadow Commander is holding up.