Sign in to follow this  
xhairs

Recondo V1

hey guys here my V1 of recondo let me know what you think thanks X oh sorry agin no wip pics. i was in such a hurry to get him painted i for got to take pics lol.

1000066small23dk.jpg

1000067small28sw.jpg

1000068small28gf.jpg

1000069small20ig.jpg

1000070small24gb.jpg

1000071small28fi.jpg

wow

i dig the accessories you gave him

the g36 with camo net i awesome, where does it come from

the camo pattern on his legs is very nice too

Very cool! Nice homage to the original figure.

i never really liked the original character

imho he looked like something from safari/jungle movies in the 50s + i'm partial on mustached characters ;)

still BrotherShane is right about the hommage you paid to the original fig

thanks guys i tryed to keep him as close as i could to the original fig. pluse i was wathing my joe dvds and said i need to make him lol.

Nice clean paint job X. What did you use for the straps for the holster? And where did you get the holster?

Nice clean paint job X. What did you use for the straps for the holster? And where did you get the holster?

i got the holster from BBi figs and the straps are made with styrene strips. thanks gulty got me.im glad you like the fig.

Now that's Recondo! Excellent job X! I think I will have to "borrow" your recipe if you don't mind. You've got it on this one. I've been waiting for a good match up for him. Props!

Now that's Recondo! Excellent job X! I think I will have to "borrow" your recipe if you don't mind. You've got it on this one. I've been waiting for a good match up for him. Props!

thanks buckwheat826 & D im glad you like him. B go for it thats supper cool if you want to borrow my recipe. im glad you like him so much.

Recondo is one of my favs (mostly due to the "old" appearance of him..ie "from the 50's Safari movies" ^_^) however...I'm not a big fan of anything they've done with him since, especially using this particular head mold, with the grease paint mustache, resembling the one that Groucho Marx sported..

groucho.gif

or in the case of this head mold with it...a woman in male costume (those eyes are just TOO pretty!)

The body mold, paint and accessories are awesome still! Nice work! :)

wow another great custom! i love recondo in the old comics and the toys they made of him always seemed to come up short

btw, i didnt know that bbi made a g36 is it new?

thanks for the feedback VH im going to mold on a stach. that should improve the face.

Yeah...your custom is already a HUNDRED TIMES better than the hasbro rendition! :)

My IDEAL Recondo would have an appearance more similar to the character that Jesse Ventura played in the movie PREDATOR...

jesseventura3zd.png

Given a more rough & tough tobacco chewing and spittin'.. Jungle warfare redneck, tree-hugger hatin'..Clark Gable mustache sportin'.. Ernest Hemingway wannabe SAFARI dude..

recondo8yy.png

and ya got my ideal version of a G.I.Joe named RECONDO!

Hasbro's version (as of late) all come off a little limp wristed and light on their loafers, and probably a little scared of snakes...especially COBRAS! @lol@

"I want to be a JUNGLE-JOE!"

khindex20062.gif

@loll@

wow another great custom! i love recondo in the old comics and the toys they made of him always seemed to come up short

btw, i didnt know that bbi made a g36 is it new?

thanks guys im glad you like him.thanks fior the great feedback. PS yes its a new BBi gun.VH i see what you mane with that pic .that would be a great joe fig for sure.