Cartoon Network will air ANIMATED MARVEL MOVIES

ducko

Cartoon Networks

New Acquired Movies:

- Spirited Away: The Oscar winning animated film by director Hayao Miyazaki will air on March 18 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT). The Academy Award winning feature follows the Chihiro's fanciful adventures in a secret world ruled by witches and creatures. Chihiro must adapt with the help of her new friends to survive her strange adventure.

- Princess Mononoke: From director Hayao Miyazaki, Princess Mononoke will air on Cartoon Network on March 25 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT). A prince is infected with an incurable disease and travels to the Far East for a cure. There he finds himself in the midst of a battle between the forest animals, led by Princess Mononoke, and an iron-mining town.

- Castle in the Sky: In the animated film Castle in the Sky, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, a young boy named Pazu meets a mysterious girl named Sheet who floats down from the sky. After saving Sheet's life, Pazu and Sheet embark on search for Sheet's identity in a floating castle of a lost civilization. Castle in the Sky will air on April 1 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT).

- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: In Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind from director Hayao Miyazaki, man has destroyed the Earth and only small pockets of humanity survive. In one pocket, Valley of the Wind, a princess named Nausicaa tries to understand the Toxic Jungle. The animated movie airs on April 8 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT).

- Ultimate Avengers: Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, returns to the world after being frozen in ice for 60 years. He quickly realizes that this new and very different world is in need of heroes. With Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Giant Man and others, he forms the Ultimate Avengers. The animated feature is set to air in the spring.

- Ultimate Avengers 2: Captain America and the rest of the Ultimate Avengers return to battle with a new set of villains. This time, the events are more threatening than ever. Ultimate Avengers 2 is slated to air in the fall.

- Iron Man: Based on the Marvel Comics character, Iron Man tells the story of billionaire Tony Stark, an alcoholic and one of the world's most imaginative weapons defense technology creators. When a powerful competitor almost succeeds in killing him, he must build a modern-day suit of armor to stay alive. As he becomes more agile and powerful, Stark decides to use it to fight crime as Iron Man. The animated feature is scheduled to air in the fall.

and also...

- Teen Titans Tokyo: America's coolest heroes head to Japan in their first animated movie, Teen Titans Tokyo, airing in late fall. When a high-tech ninja attacks Titans Tower, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy spring into action. Robin finds out that the ninja was sent by a mysterious and menacing Japanese criminal known as Brushogun, and the Teen Titans travel to Tokyo to track the villain down.

Now i thought CARTOON NETWORK was for DC... because they have Justice League, Teen Titan and Batman... i would have thought Fox Family would air the animated movies because they air the old 90s SPIDERMAN and X-MEN... but i guess that doesn't matter.

Edited by ducko

Wow, awesome news. Anything DC @bats@ or Marvel @Spidey@ is cool with me, especially if it is animated. I'm looking forward to Ultimate Avengers and the sequel. Plus Iron-Man, cool!

Thats great!!

That's good news, hey are the Avengers DVD availabe on rental??? Like at Blockbuster or something.

It's out now at almost all major outlets that sell dvd movies.

I know that, but i don't want to buy, i want to rent!

Now i thought CARTOON NETWORK was for DC... because they have Justice League, Teen Titan and Batman... i would have thought Fox Family would air the animated movies because they air the old 90s SPIDERMAN and X-MEN... but i guess that doesn't matter.

Actually the only reason that the animated Spider-Man and X-men are on ABC Family, is because Disney bought Saban awhile back, Saban made those shows. Disney also owns ABC Family which they aquired from FOX. That's why Power Rangers where on ABC sat morning, and why they show them on ABC family as well. The only Marvel show that wasn't part of these deal would have been Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends which they proably made a seperate deal for.

CN isn't really FOR anyone...they can buy whatever they want to air, but they do favor DC because CN is owned by Warner Brothers, and WB has entertainment deals with DC. Plus there has really been a lack of Marvel Cartoons in the last 5-10 years. X-men: Evoultion, and the short lived MTV CGI Spider-Man too are the only ones I can think of...and I think XE aired on CN for awhile. Where as there have been plenty of DC toons made in those years. BTAS, STAS, JL, JLU, TT.