Nothing like unopened cases on a pallet...

SentinelPrime

Ah yes, you know the feeling I'm talking about. You see the cases marked Hasbro on a pallet. You do a double take, yep, Star Wars! Rapidly locating the wave #, it hits you! BAM! Score!!! Right place at the right time! Beating the odds! Beating the scalpers! (literally, with a bat)

Ah yes, the simple pleasures in life are sometimes the best. So, I got two Utapau clones, and scored two Scorches. Now I can relax a little bit and if I come across more, then I'll add to the army, but no more true hunting for them anymore. Now I can relax until the Coruscant wave, which I'm VERY much looking forward to.

Great feeling indeed! Haven't had it in a while though!

Yep great feeling! I had it with the Hoth wave early on, and many times before. But I have been missing the Geo wave so far. At least I have a Weeqay Jedi , Scorchand Poggle so far.

Draven

That is always a sweet feeling. I crack them open myself as well, but don't be fooled. Some people will hassle you, and I've even been stopped for "potential shoplifting" by an undercover security guard because I was opening cases. 9 times out of 10, the manager will allow it because you are going to buy it. Just remember to be nice to the employees and stock the rest of the case when you are done. Unfortunately, Hot Wheels collectors have given ALL collectors a bad name due to their penchant for throwing things all over the floor and leaving it...

Pat

When I found those, I grabbed a case, and started walking back to the pegs. A lady that worked there that was about 65 said "um...sir....do you work here?" I said "Nope." She said "Well, what are you doing???" I then said very politely, yet firmly, "I'm going to open this, buy two figures, and hang the rest up here.", motioning to the pegs. She looked very confused. I said "it's ok, don't worry, I'll hang them up." She just kinda shrugged and walked off.

Jedi mind trick? You decide.

I swear I think at Wal Mart you could just walk out with whatever you wanted if you just looked like you were supposed to be doing it.

I still need a Scorch Wheeljack... :D

What do you guys do, find an employee to crack it open, or just rip into yourselves? I've never seen pallets of the proper kind out myself.

I'll see what I can do but Daredrummer has two to trade

If i'm at Walmart I ask an employee

When I'm at work I open them myself...but I work overnights and am in toys

That is always a sweet feeling. I crack them open myself as well, but don't be fooled. Some people will hassle you, and I've even been stopped for "potential shoplifting" by an undercover security guard because I was opening cases. 9 times out of 10, the manager will allow it because you are going to buy it. Just remember to be nice to the employees and stock the rest of the case when you are done. Unfortunately, Hot Wheels collectors have given ALL collectors a bad name due to their penchant for throwing things all over the floor and leaving it...

Pat

It was none of her business at what you were doing

It just depends which walmart you go to...

I know of one where if you get caught, they call security

& take you out!(that's only if they had warned you before)

& the one by my house I got caught twice.. but now I ask

the toy lady in spanish obcourse, & she opens them for me ;)

Other walmarts have been marked by scalpers...in other words

the employees open them in da back & take out what they need for their buddies or ebay...scum.

Pat

It was none of her business at what you were doing

Um, yes it is their business in what he or any of us is doing. You (all of us) are in their stores and if they feel we are doing something they do not agree with (as opening cases) they can ask us to cease and decist and to leave the store. It all boils down to how you act, if you are a complete dick then you will run into problems. If you play it smooth and friendly you should have no problems.

I agree about HW collectors, they give a bad name to all other collector generas.

Edited by Cyber Bishop