Marvel Legends will definitly go through a relaunch

mynameisash

i didn't think anyone was stating anything as fact....just guessing what might end up happening. if they announced the buyout around the time of toyfair, it was in the plans for months beforehand....even then, i'd doubt the marketing and production people have a concrete plan on what's going to happen once toybiz's work on legends is done

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definately a good thing we already got Black Panther, If not hasbro would release him lookin like this. @loll@

LOL @loll@

i agree with arrow and 8 ball. you guys seem to see through the herd's bullcrap mentality. seriously, when has something like this ever happened before with hasbro or toy biz for that matter? want to use xevoz as an example? here's what the core of xevoz was, they took stikfas which they were distributing at the time, took the idea and dumped stikfas and then went crazy with low detail action figures with a poor game gimmick to sell it to the pokemon generation. do i see something that drastic happening to an established toyline such as marvel legends? no. no i don't. why sabotage a proven moneymaker? it is their purpose to make revenue.

Edited by wreckjumper

Since we are all just guessing, here's mine. Marvel Legends will continue as is. This has been a real money maker and Hasblo won't screw with it. We probably won't even be able to tell the difference when the Hasblo stuff starts shipping.

However, they will all be releasing new lines of the figures in different scales to go along with the kiddie cartoons as wells. Hasblo seems to be getting into this new 2 1/2 inch scale with their Sigma Six. I'm willing to make a guess that they will make compatible Marvel figures and vehicles, too.

From what I saw at Toy Fair, releasing lines with the same characters in 3 different scales seems to be the current trend. With Marvel, I'd think we'd probably see 4. That's the 12 inch line and maybe a 4 inch line too, something like the JLU stuff with limited articulation and a cartoony look.

I'm willing to place some cash on these predictions, in case anybody wants to take bets.

why do some people think ml will be hasbro only money maker?if they change it they will loose money and go out of buisness.hasbro been around for a long time. they can tell jesse anything but once they get the license, changes will be made for good or bad however toy collectors look at it, all depends on the sells.the reason why marvel legends lasted this long,is because of clever market stragies, marvel legends comes with free comic book, bases and now build a figure so you would have to buy a whole set to complete.

ask yourself will hasbro offer all of that and low prices if the line continues? and if so will they be happy with the sells? the devil is in the details and promises are meant to be broken in corp america remember that. #US1#

This deal with Hasbro wasn't only for ML. So Hasbro didn't buy the license with a chief thought of starting a new action figure line. This covers board games, puzzles, Potato heads, Tiger Electronic games, etc. They're looking at a big picture for the license. A line like ML that is already a proven commodity isn't the kind of thing you just shelve because you get the itch to.

And speaking of board games, imagine a Marvel Trivial Pursuit game.

just look at what toy companies do when they relaunch a line...look at Macfarlane and their simpson's line, Batman belonged to Kenner one time, and then toybiz, and now Mattel. Those no pattern there. the matrix toy line, the terminator....when the liscense is handed over to someone else, it isnt continued, it is relaunched so that the company who has it now can cash in on the popular versions of that character. So, I believe that Marvel Legends may continue, but there will be something significantly different

just look at what toy companies do when they relaunch a line...look at Macfarlane and their simpson's line, Batman belonged to Kenner one time, and then toybiz, and now Mattel. Those no pattern there. the matrix toy line, the terminator....when the liscense is handed over to someone else, it isnt continued, it is relaunched so that the company who has it now can cash in on the popular versions of that character. So, I believe that Marvel Legends may continue, but there will be something significantly different

However, the figures you listed aren't popular. Also, you forgot to mention Dragonball. I don't remember if Bandai owned the license by the time dbz figs were released here, but they were makin the figures for db statewide till Irwin(now absorbed by Jakk) got the license. You know what they did? they released the japanese bandai sculpts to the U.S. Even Jakk released the bandai figures here not too long ago. It is possible we will still get old ml figures from Hasbro

But you're citing companies that were looking exclusively for action figure lines. The Hasbro deal is not just about action figures, its so much more for Hasbro.

I honestly have no idea what Hasbro is going to do with the Marvel license... I am sure that they will put out some great things..

but I don't know what they will do with ML.. and I am not very optimistic about the future of any of the 6" lines

I wonder how anyone can say that a line is "definitely" going to have a relaunch when nothing has been announced about it and all there is is more speculation and rumours??

What's being stated as "fact" is not fact at all.

Whatever happened to waiting and seeing, or does today's generation of collector need so much immediate gratification that even false info and rumours suffices to fill the void?

I think it comes with the interenet cause were all just use to finding things out NOW ASAP!!! :P

Where as before people just had to rely on what they would find in the stores and toycatalogs lol :D

I'm so fed up with this turnaround. Toy Biz is suddenly a bunch of saints now that Hasbro is getting the license, even though all anyone seemed to do before was complain about Toy Biz and beg for someone else to make the figures. At least give Hasbro half a chance before you start condemning everything they haven't actually done yet.

LOL yes this is a very good point :) Though toybiz was not the greatest, at least we could have an IDEA of what to expect, whats making people scared is that we have no clue what so ever on what hasbro is going to do with the line if anything at all...

I honestly have no idea what Hasbro is going to do with the Marvel license... I am sure that they will put out some great things..

but I don't know what they will do with ML.. and I am not very optimistic about the future of any of the 6" lines

all they need to do to make you happy is put out a half naked guy in green speedos @smilepunch@ @loll@

me personally i feel ml lose some steam,i just want power man to go with my iron-fist, and the walmart ml exclusive thor ,aoa sabertooth,ml 13 set, smc shocker, electro and i'm ok. so i don't care with the toybiz- hasbro b.s #US1#

I wonder how anyone can say that a line is "definitely" going to have a relaunch when nothing has been announced about it and all there is is more speculation and rumours??

What's being stated as "fact" is not fact at all.

Whatever happened to waiting and seeing, or does today's generation of collector need so much immediate gratification that even false info and rumours suffices to fill the void?

I think it comes with the interenet cause were all just use to finding things out NOW ASAP!!! :P

Where as before people just had to rely on what they would find in the stores and toycatalogs lol :D

I'm so fed up with this turnaround. Toy Biz is suddenly a bunch of saints now that Hasbro is getting the license, even though all anyone seemed to do before was complain about Toy Biz and beg for someone else to make the figures. At least give Hasbro half a chance before you start condemning everything they haven't actually done yet.

LOL yes this is a very good point :) Though toybiz was not the greatest, at least we could have an IDEA of what to expect, whats making people scared is that we have no clue what so ever on what hasbro is going to do with the line if anything at all...

all they need to do to make you happy is put out a half naked guy in green speedos @smilepunch@ @loll@

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I'm kinda up in the air with the situation. I hope that Hasbro doesn't change anything and keeps ML going the way they are, but they did prove they can screw things up with G. I. Joe ( I use to collect the new stuff, but after a while I gave up on it). As long as they keep coming out with different characters in the good quality we get I see no problem

Can I be the ultimate optimist and hope that Hasbro not only continues with Marvel Legends, but starts a Star Wars Legends 6" line?

Not to mention a GI Joe Legends line too. I'd be so bankrupt.

Oh, man! Those would both be awesome. I'd buy everything! Obviously not going to happen with the new 8 inch Sigma Six hanging on.

personally I do not like the idea that Hasbro handles the Marvel line now, tendra but experience and extension of distribution, but podria to occur the luxury to reject some future models of you appear for commercial reasons