DTC Cobra Commander

Viper Hunter

givcommander010vh.png

I lost track of any news on the DTC Cobra Commander figure, (if any was reported at the toy fair?) we saw pics of a while back, was available on eBay a few times and was due in the next wave or two of the DTC lineup.

Is it still in the lineup, or will it be one of those HTF "unreleased" deals?

• Like 1

This is all speculation and rumor BUT I remember reading that he was going to come out in Wave 5 of DTC, which might have Sigma Six characters in 33/4". I don't recall if they were going to come out in singles or in a sixPack. The new FireFly was suppose to be part of that wave too. (Suppposedly)

Oh, I'm sure we'll see him in one form or another. Hasbro wouldn't go through the trouble of actually making a mold that could produce those figures we saw on eBay just to never release it. It's not like this is GI Joe Extreme, and we're trying to find Mayday and Wreckage! @loll@ These aren't the end times of G.I. Joe, and I doubt any DTC mold will go unexploited!

Personally, I wish DTC would take a different direction with their releases. Not focused so much on comic issues, but creating new characters all together, or recreating obscure characters. I for one would love to see the Red Lasers (NOT the Devils Due ones) or Iron Klaw and his minions in 3.5 Joe form. It would probably end up making Hasbro nothing, but damn it, I'd love it! Heh heh

Tom

Personally, I wish DTC would take a different direction with their releases. Not focused so much on comic issues, but creating new characters all together, or recreating obscure characters. I for one would love to see the Red Lasers (NOT the Devils Due ones) or Iron Klaw and his minions in 3.5 Joe form. It would probably end up making Hasbro nothing, but damn it, I'd love it! Heh heh

Tom

I hear ya man and SECOND that!

By going online ONLY with the stuff.. (which means it reduces it's mass market way down to the online ONLY Joe fans and that's far LESS a number of us to expect such big profits off of..or worse, expect us to save the line)..they have to cater exclusively to us minor online ONLY fans, which means regurgitation after regurgitation of the same old core characters, that only a ARAH old-timer would ever want.

I like the toys....so I'm probably unique here, as I'd be happy with ALL NEW characters, done in the classic style, rather than the same OLD characters done in a NEW style. So far they've pleased me with some updates of the old characters, in either the newer style or the old molds with a few new head sculpts, but that's what gives the impression of the line growing stale...to SOME! <_<

It's an epidemic of our times I think, as even Hollywood is having a hard time putting out NEW and imaginative material, and instead resorting to REMAKES or RE-IMAGINED crap that was popular before. Music is pretty boring and stale also, and the best stuff on the radio, is usually and oldie but goodie that had to be redone or just SAMPLED, and the SAMPLED part is the catchy part of the song.....go figure? ^_^

Bottom line....I don't want versions of Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander or Firefly (to name a few) in EVERY stinkin' style of action figure, by OTHER toy manufacturers in the business. I just want COOL new toys like the ones I've got and been collecting all these years.

Hell...I more likely buy all the OTHER action figure toys out there, if they made them like the 3 3/4" G.I.Joes....so I'm all backasswards from most of you all here. I just like the style of toy, not JUST the characters from the cartoons and comic books. :)

Even the old fans and collectors are going to lose interest eventually, doing things they way they have been, with Duke after Duke after Duke, and with the invention of Sigma Six...we see the result of it. Same CHARACTER...different style, and that's what we're to believe is what's going to save the line?

BAAAH!! I'm ranting uncontrollably again! @lol@ So MUCH potential, but so much wasted!

When's the NEXT comic pack STALKER coming out! @smilepunch@

• Like 1

The rumors are wave 5 along with Firefly but that is strage unless there is no army builders in wave 5. Buzzer is due any time too actually. Hmm.

Draven

I am totally with you on the Buzzer. We definitely need him. I was planning on calling the new Monkey Wrench Buzzer but I'm just not feeling it.

Yeah buzzer and firefly are definate needs. I like this cc for the head and the cape, but the body doesn't scream cc to me, anyways i would probably buy it if it came out.

If that was true about FF and CCC for Wave 5, then which 2 troop builders would they come out with next? According to CC on the Hasbro site, he says that his troops are always getting replenished.

If that was true about FF and CCC for Wave 5, then which 2 troop builders would they come out with next? According to CC on the Hasbro site, he says that his troops are always getting replenished.

That was in response to a Sigma Six question:

Q: I am curious as to which Sigma 6 COBRA figures in addition to yourself and the Ninja Bat, will be coming out in the near future?

A: All I can say is that I have reinforcements coming in every wave! Soon you will see DESTRO, ZARTAN, and new B.A.T.s. Watch the cartoon for more hints of who’s to come.

In regards to the troop question, I had heard a modifed BTR Shadow Viper would be released as a new TechnoViper. As to why 2 characters and one troop? I don't know, maybe it is a retail centric wave, thus needing more core characters?

That was in response to a Sigma Six question:

Q: I am curious as to which Sigma 6 COBRA figures in addition to yourself and the Ninja Bat, will be coming out in the near future?

A: All I can say is that I have reinforcements coming in every wave! Soon you will see DESTRO, ZARTAN, and new B.A.T.s. Watch the cartoon for more hints of who’s to come.

In regards to the troop question, I had heard a modifed BTR Shadow Viper would be released as a new TechnoViper. As to why 2 characters and one troop? I don't know, maybe it is a retail centric wave, thus needing more core characters?

I hear ya on the Sigma Six question but I know that the formula with the past waves has been 2 troop builders with every wave. Thanks for clarifying the Sigma Six question about troops though.

These new figures do not need to be part of the actual wave, They could be from the sixPack or Imagine a comicPack with that new SigmaSix Comic, who knows?

I got this figure off of eBay when sohappyfish was auctioning it, unfortunately I picked it up BEFORE he started offering it with the hood and cape. :( So I missed out on that stuff.

Let me tell you this is one cool looking figure and if Hasbro were to offer him it would certainly be a GREAT addition to the DTC line.I wonder why they haven't yet!He's a total new mold reflective of the Sigma Six design. I wish they would've gave him a helmet and cape similar to the Sigma Six CC,but even this stuff is really cool!I hope they offer him out soon.

I also have the gray camo Firefly (VvV) from sohappyfish and let me tell you he is awesome.Another figure where a change of color makes a HUGE difference.I just wonder what Hasbro was thinking back then.

Any pics of the Firefly? I've only heard about him and have never seen him. I know it's the VvsV FF w/ camo, but that's all I know. Feel free to pm.

fireflyvariant1hb.png

• Like 1

Any pics of the Firefly? I've only heard about him and have never seen him. I know it's the VvsV FF w/ camo, but that's all I know. Feel free to pm.

fireflyvariant1hb.png

A later auction came up where he featured a new gun (seen on the new Night Viper, btw) and a new backpack, both very retro in design

fireflyvariant1hb.png

A later auction came up where he featured a new gun (seen on the new Night Viper, btw) and a new backpack, both very retro in design

I was hoping I maybe had that image saved, but apparently not. :( I did find a better one of the figure alone though...

fireflyvariant27ua.png

• Like 1

The rumors are wave 5 along with Firefly but that is strage unless there is no army builders in wave 5. Buzzer is due any time too actually. Hmm.

Draven

And hopefully the new Wet-Suit mold will be release too.

There was a new Wet-Suit mold? Or was it an o-ringed version of the JvC one?

Draven

And hopefully the new Wet-Suit mold will be release too.

There was a new Wet-Suit mold? Or was it an o-ringed version of the JvC one?

Scale down o- ringed version of the Jvc one. Its was going to be release with a new sub but got cancel. I think Salvo In Can saw this figure when he visit hasbro.