The Batman Batgirl fig blacked out??!?!?

ChilkoD

I was just at Wal-mart and a new case of The Batman figs came in. It turned out to be the Killer Croc wave which I had already gotten. However, on the back of the cards, the Batgirl had a black sticker over her picture. They put this sticker over the thumbnail of the picture of her figure. It was this way on all of the cards. Was she cancelled or pulled from the line/wave? I hope not b/c she's the only one that I need.

Hmmm, very interesting. Haven't seen that yet, but I'll definately be checking the backings next time I'm out. That'd be a shame if they're discontinuing her simply for the fact that there weren't enough out there for everyone to begin with and now we'd have to pay through the nose on the secondary market. One question though, why on earth would they do this???

Um... Maybe someones not a fan of The Batman's sidekick in this series... lol

I was just at Wal-mart and a new case of The Batman figs came in. It turned out to be the Killer Croc wave which I had already gotten. However, on the back of the cards, the Batgirl had a black sticker over her picture. They put this sticker over the thumbnail of the picture of her figure. It was this way on all of the cards. Was she cancelled or pulled from the line/wave? I hope not b/c she's the only one that I need.

yeah i saw it yesterday as a matter of fact. I went in the toy isle and found a Riddler, Clayface, and Killer Croc figure and The Batgirl picture was covered up by this brownish/black sticker on each of them.

I ended up stting there for 20 min in the middle of the isle peeling off the sticker just to see what it was that they were covering up.

well some times wallmart guys and others are stupid , and if they see something that is not there or not in the case they cover it up :S

Like For marvel legends for example ... some tards here if the figure says " comes with comic " but is a poster version, they will cover up that part :S WITH A FELT MARKER GRRR :S

Be glad you'res is just a sticker :S

I don't really understand why store guys decide its there job to sensor things out from us ... as said on the packaging everytihng is " subject to change" :P

Okay, I mentioned this earlier. I have 2 Killer Croc's in my house right now and the only figs shown on the back are:

Crimson Patrol Bats

Temblor

Grapnel Attack Bats

Rogue Silencer Bats

Negative Threat Bats

Flame Stopper Bats

Camo Bats

Mega Claw Bats

There is NO BATGIRL on the back of the card. How exactly are people supposedly seeing her blacked out if she is not even on the card???

I just got Croc last night, and was pissed when I saw the black sticker covering up a figure on the back; I assumed it was over Batgirl. I pulled it off to reveal - Crimson Patrol Batman. So, like biglebowski999's list says, there's no Batgirl on the cards.....at least not the ones we have.

picture_128.jpg

The scratchy sticker residue is what's left on Crimson Patrol Batman, and that's what the card looks like that I have. So is there some sort of card variation?

I'm here in western NC and I saw the Batgirl fig blacked out with a small square black sticker at 3 different Wal-marts, and 2 different TRU's between Asheville NC, Spartanburg SC and Greenville SC. Every one of them had the sticker over Batgirl. I peeled the sticker off at every store I went in just to check. Multiple figs had the sticker. I dunno what is going on with the cards (variations or not), but I can deffinitely verify the batgirl sticker issue.

I picked up the Batgirl figure last week at TRU. The only odd thing I noticed about the packaging was that Batman was pictured demonstrating her accessory. Batgirl was pictured on the blister insert, but it was Batman wielding the wacky, spring-loaded batcuffs on the card back.

She is one odd figure, I'll say that much.

I was at TRU the other day, and saw no stickers on the card backings. Even saw Batgirl on the back of some of them. Then went to Meijer, and they had the black sticker, but I think it was covering up the Crimson Patrol Bats. I know a few guys have seen Batgirl and picked her up, but has anyone seen her lately? Haven't seen any at all, and the stores around here haven't exactly been in a hurry to stock them. And it really seems that each store is different in the whole black sticker thing. Some have them, some don't. This really is getting pretty strange.

anyone found batgirl in @can@ yet?.. Havn't seen anything yet though I'm thinking it may be soon since all thats left on the pegs is a riddler...

Allso... I saw a larger scale the batman figure today, anyone know about these?

They were taller than ML!

I allso saw a smaller scale the batman figures as well

one with a glider rocket type thing , and one was a bike , but they were smaller than the regular figures

Yeah its weird that so many people are finding this at different stores, it must be something mattel is doing and not the stores them selfs :S

anyone found batgirl in @can@ yet?.. Havn't seen anything yet though I'm thinking it may be soon since all thats left on the pegs is a riddler...

Allso... I saw a larger scale the batman figure today, anyone know about these?

They were taller than ML!

I allso saw a smaller scale the batman figures as well

one with a glider rocket type thing , and one was a bike , but they were smaller than the regular figures

Yeah its weird that so many people are finding this at different stores, it must be something mattel is doing and not the stores them selfs :S

Nope! :( @can@

IT'S NOT BATGIRL!!!! :D

The blaked-out fig is not Batgirl but rather another version of BATMAN. :)

Yeah, it was mentioned earlier that it is Crimson Patrol Batman. weird thing is I did a search on Ebay and there are none, live or completed auctions. I'm wondering if the Batgirl was pulled because of the error on the back of the card (the description is for a Bats figure not Batgirl's)?