Variants for ML 13, 14, 15???

Ashlocke

Well, for series 13 we will be seeing variants of Abomination(melted face), Green Goblin(unmasked), and Loki(crown of lies gear).

For series 14, we will see 3 variants. Falcon, Baron Zemo(unmasked) and 1st Appearance Iron-Man(in Gold armor). Let's hope the variant of Falcon is not Jesse Falcon :rolleyes:

Finally, for series 15, we will be getting variants of Wasp, Capt. Marvel, and Spider-Woman.

I'm looking forward to the variant for Falcon...unlike most i actually liked his original green costume and i hope that is the variant.

All of the possible variants for Series 15 look promising, and i hope the variant of Wasp is better than the proto pics of the non-variant at ToyFair.

Yeah, ML 12 did have 5 variants(Iron-Fist, Wolvie, Bishop, Sasquatch, and X-23)

i'm assuming the captain marvel will be genis. i wonder which costume will be used. i like the kree one very much. that would be cool.

Man, I don't care which version it is...they could do every one and I'd track them all down. I'm just worried that series 15 doesn't make the deadline!! What happens if they don't get the production out on time??? Will Hasbro give us a Captain Marvel??? Un Frickin likely! Will I ever own a Captain Marvel, be it Mar-Vell or Genis? Legacy or Lunatic Genis? Heck, I'll even take the new Photon look, but they gotta give me something! Anything!

Please don't let me down...(I need a hug). :(

Yeah, any Capt. Marvel will do for me. I'm thinking that the variant will more likely be Genis, but i'd personally like the Kree warrior outfit with the Saturn logo on the chest.

The Captain Marvel variant is the one I want most. Supposing it is Genis. If it is, and it's his red/blue, I'll buy it even though it'll be costly. The comic with Maestro Hulk made me take a liking to the character.

The only one I don't really want is abomination, but then I don't want that figure at all :S

THough If I had the chase ... I suppose I'd keep it :S or sell it :S

Other wise I'm after all and any chase ml :)

The Falcon variant is still a red/white costume, just a more recent one, and the regular Falcon is the classic costume (where he kinda has red wing designs coming from his belt and the neckline of the costume is cut to his waist? It's the costume they did his Marvel Gold figure in before)

Captain Marvel's variant is the Kree Warrior costume... does that mean a generic green/white outfit with a saturn picture on the chest? I'm not up on the costumes.

The Falcon variant is still a red/white costume, just a more recent one, and the regular Falcon is the classic costume (where he kinda has red wing designs coming from his belt and the neckline of the costume is cut to his waist? It's the costume they did his Marvel Gold figure in before)

Captain Marvel's variant is the Kree Warrior costume... does that mean a generic green/white outfit with a saturn picture on the chest? I'm not up on the costumes.

Ok, i've always liked the second "Classic" costume for Falcon, so i'll be picking that one up then.

The Kree warrior costume i'm thinking of was the one that a recent bust was made of. It looked like this...http://members.aol.com/whoclix/kree.gif

Yet, i do think Genis had a Kree warror costume too, yet it looked less superhero-like.

Where are you getting this from? Toy Biz didn't show off any of the variants at Toy Fair. Wave 13 was the last one we've seen production pics for.

Now, I totally believe you on the Falcon one, as most people aren't familiar with the green costume, and as a figure, even a variant, it wouldn't be very appealing to most collectors, but The Captain Marvel variant you mention, while fitting in with the normal theme of a head change/repaint for the variant, seems less likely than Genis-Vell. On the other hand, Genis, and to bring up a different thread, Julia Carpenter, would be variants that are completely different characters, which is exactly the sort of thing they've tried to stop doing, so I guess anything's possible...

Where are you getting this from? Toy Biz didn't show off any of the variants at Toy Fair. Wave 13 was the last one we've seen production pics for.

Now, I totally believe you on the Falcon one, as most people aren't familiar with the green costume, and as a figure, even a variant, it wouldn't be very appealing to most collectors, but The Captain Marvel variant you mention, while fitting in with the normal theme of a head change/repaint for the variant, seems less likely than Genis-Vell. On the other hand, Genis, and to bring up a different thread, Julia Carpenter, would be variants that are completely different characters, which is exactly the sort of thing they've tried to stop doing, so I guess anything's possible...

I actually did see a picture of the variant Falcon standing behind the regular one, but honestly, I don't remember where. The Captain Marvel one I read on Action Figure Insider, I believe. They listed the variants. I personally would prefer Genis (because he looks really cool and I like that "star" reflection in the dark parts of his costume and would like to see how that's realized in plastic). I believe Julia Carpenter repaint is officially the one for Spiderwoman, which makes sense to me, since it will help make Avengers collections even more complete and won't necessitate too much retooling outside of removing Jessica Drew's "web wings".

Anyone have any images of Falcon's costumes, so I could point out the one I saw? They're hard to describe.

Anyone have any images of Falcon's costumes, so I could point out the one I saw? They're hard to describe.

Well, Toybiz has a ML display on the main page at the NY Comic Con. The Falcon, on display looked like this...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hyperion2000/Bios/Faucon.JPG

That is his most familiar classic look and i'm digging it.

Well, Toybiz has a ML display on the main page at the NY Comic Con. The Falcon, on display looked like this...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hyperion2000/Bios/Faucon.JPG

That is his most familiar classic look and i'm digging it.

Yeah, that's the regular figure, but I meant pictures of other costumes so I could point out the one I saw on the VARIANT figure that I saw wherever I saw it.

hmmm, ok. This is the best i can do, i believe it is one of his more recent:

http://shdictionary.tripod.com/superheroes/falcon.jpg

oh, darn....the link doesn't work. @grumpy@

Best I could find...

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_ar...?ai=5595&si=126

(scroll down)

also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_%28comics%29

Wow, impressive. Those are some good pics you found. *bows down in shame* If that is his more current costume in your bottom link, then that isn't too far off from the original red and white costume...which is MUCH cooler in my view. C'mon ToyBiz give me...uh @hmmm@ i mean give us the original green costume as the variant....please?

The second pic is not the Falcon costume.

If anyone has the Avengers Ultimate Guide, the big hardcover book detailing everything Avengers, the costume Falcon is wearing on the cover, I believe that's the variant costume. He's also wearing it in the largest picture of him on Falcon's page of that book, page 72. Anyone else but me own this book?

No, i don't own the book, but i wish i did #US1#

How many pages are there? I'm surprised i've never seen this thing because i would have bought it the second i saw it. Do they still sell this thing at Barnes & Noble or on their online store? I would like to get this one as well the X-Men and JLA guide books.

The second pic is not the Falcon costume.

If anyone has the Avengers Ultimate Guide, the big hardcover book detailing everything Avengers, the costume Falcon is wearing on the cover, I believe that's the variant costume. He's also wearing it in the largest picture of him on Falcon's page of that book, page 72. Anyone else but me own this book?

I passed on the book. It annoyed me that Tom DeFalco, a Marvel Comics veteran of over 20 years and a former EIC, got so many facts wrong. Example: check out his notations that Firebird was never a member and that Black Goliath was- the opposite is true. Another example: He says that Sworsman II and Magdelene are roaming the Earth- actually, they are hopping dimensions- there's a big difference there.

DeFalco seemed to stop doing any research on any Avenger that wasn't on the cover 15 years ago -I think that if you're going to do a bio on, say, Dr Druid, it's worth noting that he was murdered about ten years ago.

About 6 months prior to the publishing of the Avengers Ultimate Guide, the Avengers issue of the Official Handbook was put out. Most of the work in the new Handbooks is actually done by the fans, and they did a better job when it came to facts and up-to-date information.

Frankly, I expected better from DeFalco. Even more annoying is that I know that book had to have gone through an editor and a few fact-checkers, so someone should have caught the mistakes and/or brought up important facts that weren't in there. I won't even bring up the horrid computer coloring on some of the pictures (why is Scarlet Witch seen in a green costume?), which has been an annoyance in every Ultimate Guide I've seen so far (check out Tombstone in the Spider-Man guide- not once is he colored correctly).

Thirty bucks is a lot to spend on a book that has something wrong with it every three pages or so.

As far as the variants go, I'm not trying to doubt you or say you're wrong, but frankly, this year in total should probably be taken with a grain of salt until the toys actually hit the shelves. At the very least, I'm wary about confirmation on variants no one has actually seen, and that Toy Biz hasn't said anything remotely official about.

With that said, after seeing Baron Strucker and three Iceman figures, I do believe anything is possible this year.

Edited by Magic 8 Ball