target exclusive avengers dvd

king kahn

if you get the new avengers movie at target you get 'the incredible hulk' #1 on a dvd rom with it. just figured i'd give people the heads up if they wanted to know and was wondering if any other stores were giving stuff away with the dvd

best buy has cards inside of the case

I didn't realize that was a Target thing. I happened to get it there anyway yesterday. I was a little surprised they went with Hulk #1 instead of one of the Ultimates comics.

Spoilers -

I just finished watching the movie. I thought it was really good. They did a good job of incorporating elements from the comics while making it a little broader. I was also glad they went with a PG-13 rating. They didn't tone it down too much. Of course when the Wasp distracts the Hulk, she doesn't flash him, but what do you expect? The other more adult elements were hinted at. Subtext, they call it. I really liked the art and story though the ending felt a bit abrupt. I think that was just me because I was expecting the team to go on the offensive to the alien base, as they did in the comics. I'm really looking forward to the second one this summer.

How was Nick Fury represented?

Were there any other recognizable SHIELD agents?

JLT

I hadn't planned on buying this flick because of the blah reviews that had been posted. However it was my birthday and I treated myself anyway. I thought it was great and the fights were fantastic. I hope the future flicks (Ultimates 2, Iron Man, Dr Strange) are as good or better.

Hi everyone,

I got the DVD yesterday and a bit confused with Marvel Comics post-1999. Is the Ultimates the line that Marvel is promoting more. I noticed with the toys...ultimate Rhino, Ultimat Captain America, etc.

I was a little confused because I was wondering why Fury was African-American, Bruce Banner was involved in the Super Soldier serum lab and so forth. What is up with Hank Pym's outfit?

I stopped watching it about a half hour into it...because this is not the Avengers that I grew up reading.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment until I watch it full but my first impressions is that I don't like the animation but maybe it'll grow on me later but for a film, I'm expecting a bit more I suppose.

I haven't been paying attention to the digital 5.1 mix on my home theater system, so I can't comment on how the tremendous the sound is just yet.

I remember when Pryde of the X-Men came out...enjoyed it (despite it being different from the comics and Wolverine sounding Australian) and liked the story. Was excited about this DVD but I don't know...again, I'll comment more after I finish it.

But all in all, glad I paid only $14.99 for it at Target.

kndy

Hi everyone,

I got the DVD yesterday and a bit confused with Marvel Comics post-1999. Is the Ultimates the line that Marvel is promoting more. I noticed with the toys...ultimate Rhino, Ultimat Captain America, etc.

I was a little confused because I was wondering why Fury was African-American, Bruce Banner was involved in the Super Soldier serum lab and so forth. What is up with Hank Pym's outfit?

I stopped watching it about a half hour into it...because this is not the Avengers that I grew up reading.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment until I watch it full but my first impressions is that I don't like the animation but maybe it'll grow on me later but for a film, I'm expecting a bit more I suppose.

I haven't been paying attention to the digital 5.1 mix on my home theater system, so I can't comment on how the tremendous the sound is just yet.

kndy

Consider the "Ultimates" universe a parallel one. It isn't the Marvel universe you grew up with because it's seperate and different.

think of the ultimates as a revamped, updated universe for the teens, hence the pop culture reference. BTW, Nick Fury is african american since he is based on Samurel L. Jackson. I read that info on wiki; it said they had to get permission. LMAO

Hi everyone,

kndy

Consider the "Ultimates" universe a parallel one. It isn't the Marvel universe you grew up with because it's seperate and different.

That and every single person in the Ultimate Universe is a dick. Especially the guys named Richard. @smilepunch@

So I bought one at Target yesterday. I went back there today (checking for new FF toys - nada) and saw that the Ultimate Avengers was sold out. Based on my limited market research, this thing appears hot.

Just got mine in the mail from Amazon today and thought it was awesome! The animation was great, the voices were perfect, I loved everything about it. Can't wait for the rest of the Lion's Gate animate stuff and I really hope they do more than what's already been anounced.

Guest Friedle

Where did eveyone pick there's up? I got mine at Wal-Mart for $13.xx.

...I also picked up bunch of Spider-Man bathroom stuff. That's right, Spidey toothbrush holders and shower curtians! @yipee@

Finally watched it and again, not too keen on the Ultimate stuff but if that's whats exciting the Marvel audiences today, then I guess it's all good.

The storyline was actually cool but aside from the violence, this was almost like a film that could have been a television pilot. The animation wasn't fantastic in my opinion but it grew on me. I did have some problems where characters looked good and then some parts of the film, they looked too simple and plain. Again, when the word film is used...I think of top notch animation but the animation was something that was as par of what you watch on television. So, I'm curious if like the "Pryde of the X-Men" which was a pilot turned one shot film, if the "Ultimate Avengers" was supposed to be a pilot but ended up as a film.

I liked the internal strife of the Pym's, the sexuality of the Black Widow, Captain America but I have my reservations on how Iron Man was. In the beginning, he looked as he would be integral in the storyline but as the film progressed, Iron Man/Tony Stark seemed overly weak and I wish Thor was utilized much more.

The voice acting was good but I will come out and say it...I do not like the voice acting for Bruce Banner at all.

Another peeve was subtitles, there were times I was like...what did he say and then when I selected subtitles...what do you know...there are no English subtitles. What you end up doing when you hit subtitle is activate a "Did you know" type trivia baloon box. Was a bit surprised there was no subtitles.

As for audio, I'll need to do another test because my room felt more alive with the Lion's Gate logo came than what was happening in the whole movie. Will have to do a test during the battle sequence again....

As for the special features, I did like the introspective featurette on the Avengers and hearing for Perez, Busiek, etc. I wish Bendis was on camera but unfortunately not.

The search for voice actor can be viewed as watching a fanboy's dream to voice their favorite character or just an all out geek feature.

Trailers for the Marvel Dice game, the film and Elektra.

Also a short preview for the upcoming second movie.

All in all, I enjoyed the movie. For me, it was different because it's not the Avengers that I grew up reading but nevertheless, for the next generation who are reading the Ultimates over the current series and also for those who enjoy Avengers and the characters as a whole, the film is good, not spectacular but good.

kndy