Do you think we can get a "finds" thread going again?

DPrime

Just wondering... It was always fun to talk about your latest finds. Seeing as how a lot of our finds are vintage, it's not something that really fits into the "sightings" threads of the area and online reports forum. I miss having a thread pinned at the top where we can talk about this stuff.

What do you think?

i just found.... this post! w00t!

naw that would be cool, even tho its gonna be boring hearing everybody find the same thing over again, as in Sigma six, since there isnt too many sculpts out there, its not that exciting

of course unless we add ebay hauls and or garage sale busters!

naw that would be cool, even tho its gonna be boring hearing everybody find the same thing over again, as in Sigma six, since there isnt too many sculpts out there, its not that exciting

of course unless we add ebay hauls and or garage sale busters!

Well, yeah that was my point - because it's probably not going to be new stuff, primarily. And it's a good excuse to post pics, which are always fun.

I got a Maggot in the mail today, not complete, but close, but the great part was the worms has his helmet and antenna... and the GREATER part, lol.. was an extra helmet and a repro antenna, so now, my not-so-mint worms has a helm too...

SWEET!

I recently got a complete Polar Battle Bear (to replace my childhood one which is broken) with box, instructions and blueprints. Very cool! I remember getting my original one in the store so it was cool to hold the box again. :D

Cool.

I picked a complete Secto-Viper, Crimson Guard Immortal and Headhunter Stormtrooper, all in excellent condition for $42.

A Battle Corps Brawler tank for $15. Quite a nice vehicle for being a 90s vehicle (though the turret should rotate).

2 Incinerators, 5 version 2 Eel and 1 version 3 (I'll use as a squad leader) for $5 a fig. All complete and in good condition.

Another CGI for $20 (I only need 2 more for a squad of 6).

A complete, mint Ice Viper for $11.

3 W.O.R.M.S. (no antennas though) for $8 each. Just need 3 more to man my 2 Maggots.

And maybe 2 dozen figures (Techno-Viper, etc.).

Went a little nuts with my tax refund...

We need to get pics going too...

I'd start but the last thing I got, which strangely made me want to start up this thread in the first place, was a Tollbooth figure I got in the mail today! I don't know if he's worth a pic all by himself, as it's not really that impressive a find, but I really like him - his face has a LOT of character, and he's almost dead mint too (I think his sergeant stripes have a small factory spec on 'em - doesn't look like wear). Plus, I have a whole new respect for a lot of trades in the military, especially combat engineers.

Edited by DPrime

Well, I finally added a Defiant to my collection. I picked this one up on eBay for $350:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

59_1.JPG

It comes 100% complete with both figures and only a coulpe minor issues; I think the price was pretty good all considered.

I also won an unused Cobra Hurricane (I've been looking for a nice one for quite a while now) for $53:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

c0_1.JPG

Finally, I add good 'ol Sgt Slaughter and his Triple T to my roster for $35:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

7d_1.JPG

Well...I added the following to my collection this month and last month. I was planning on just 1982-1984....but due to completist behavior...it extended to 1994... Interesting enough, I didn't go MOC but loose...

I'm not done yet and taking a little break until I pay off $$$$ in Federal in April...

http://nt2099.com/Gallery/af-gijoe

kndy

Just wondering... It was always fun to talk about your latest finds. Seeing as how a lot of our finds are vintage, it's not something that really fits into the "sightings" threads of the area and online reports forum. I miss having a thread pinned at the top where we can talk about this stuff.

What do you think?

I think that is why Jay C set up the area reports section for.

I almost had a great find......i was walking down the street and i saw this ups van parked with the door open....i saw a box that said hasbro so i ripped it open alittle ...inside was a viper lockdown set!!! i tried to cut it open but some guy came out of his house so i ran away...... oh well maybe next time ;)

TM

Seph, could you post more pics of the Defiant shuttle? or just send some my way? I ve never seen one in person and most of the ebay pics are really small for detail. I assume there is a ton of detail put into cool places. I heard it had an elevator or something and have never really seen thecrawler thing, that makes it so different from the Defender right?

What do you think?

I think that is why Jay C set up the area reports section for.

I think you misunderstood me - the reports section is pretty much exactly that: reporting where new stuff is located, so others can go and find it. Thing is, with Sigma Six not really dominating most Joe collectors' lives, and 3 3/4" available only online, there isn't much to "report" on GI Joes. Most of us still collect vintage stuff over Ebay, conventions, and other online stores, and I don't think that really fits in with the idea of a "sightings" or "reports" thread, personally - this is just more of a bragging thing, and a place to post pics.

I just got a boatload of joe stuff for free! included was an AVAC and name your own cobra figures. Other recent additions to my collection were two complete rattlers with wild weasels +bp for 10 dollars each, and a complete skystriker with parachute and bps for 15 bucks!

-saboteur

I just won an auction for a small lot of figures. It was only $10, and included a super nice AVAC figure in need of only an o-ring.

Oh, and I got 2 V1 BATs for 12.50. They're missing stickers and some hand attachments, but that can all be fixed relatively easy.

Edited by Crimson Twins

My girlfriend just bought me the USS Flagg with a conquest and skystriker. The flagg came in today. It is in great condition and only missing the railing that goes on the stern.

I had wanted this for twenty years and just putting it together today brought back so many great memories from my childhood. Tomorrow I'm going to call my mother over and say "remember when you wouldn't get me the Flagg because you said I was too old...?" @loll@

Joe wise it has been a great year. She also bought me an '85 snake eyes originally which along with my entire collection was given away and destroyed by my nephews when I left home for college.

Edited by snake eyes1974

I just got a Beachead v1 from Prozac and a Mutt and Junkyard v1, from Toe, both complete.

Great idear, DP, most of us mainly collected vintage in the first place.

My girlfriend just bought me the USS Flagg with a conquest and skystriker. The flagg came in today. It is in great condition and only missing the railing that goes on the stern.

I had wanted this for twenty years and just putting it together today brought back so many great memories from my childhood. Tomorrow I'm going to call my mother over and say "remember when you wouldn't get me the Flagg because you said I was too old...?" @loll@

Joe wise it has been a great year. She also bought me an '85 snake eyes originally which along with my entire collection was given away and destroyed by my nephews when I left home for college.

youd better hang on to her, she's a winner!

I should have some stuff coming in soon, including a MIB Lift-Ticket (w/mic, obviously) and a complete Heavy Metal w/mic and gun (which I may have to upgrade, figure-wise, but I'm glad I got the mic). I'll post pics when I get 'em.

Which reminds me - we need more pics here!

Here are links to a few pics. I'm still waiting on the skystriker and dialtone, mainframe, cutter

wetsuit, general flagg and slipstream. I'll be problably getting torpedo and shipwreck next

along with whom ever else I cant think of to crew my boat. :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001830.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001829.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001828.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001827.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001826.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/sna...74/IM001824.jpg