Takara's BWR-01 Primal and Megatron

holytoledo69

Remolds are a welcome sight to some (if theyre done right) and I think Takara has aimed to please. Question is, are they worth getting? I wish I still had my X-9 Ravage (99.9% show accurate) We've all seen what Hasbro is coming out with (in terms of beast wars) and we all know the retooled Primal and Megatron will never be released here (by hasbro anyway)

Check out the pics below and see for yourself

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

I've seen them go for $65-$80 online and they are out now in japan. Which means they should be hitting online stores in the US this week. BBTS has a limited number of pre-orders for this set, so dont hesitate "if" you really want these. So yah..I've decided to get this set.

I think $80 is a bargin considering thats what I paid for for Takara's X-9 Ravage retool/reculpt show accurate figure, back in the day. Its easily going for 3 to 4 times that much now. So I figure, your getting 2 ultra-size exclusive figures that you wont find any place else, plus the golden disc(s?) chockfull of Beastwars info (in japanese lolz)

I've seen them go for $65-$80 online and they are out now in japan. Which means they should be hitting online stores in the US this week. BBTS has a limited number of pre-orders for this set, so dont hesitate "if" you really want these. So yah..I've decided to get this set.

I think $80 is a bargin considering thats what I paid for for Takara's X-9 Ravage retool/reculpt show accurate figure, back in the day. Its easily going for 3 to 4 times that much now. So I figure, your getting 2 ultra-size exclusive figures that you wont find any place else, plus the golden disc(s?) chockfull of Beastwars info (in japanese lolz)

hmm that's not a bad price, so i'll see

thats some pretty sexy display packaging they got going on. a lot of toys now a days are becoming more and more MISB collector friendly

Whats the difference with these and the old ones?

These new ones have slightly remolded heads and are repainted as to be "show accurate".

These new ones have slightly remolded heads and are repainted as to be "show accurate".

show accurate he didn't have homer simpsons mouth @grumpy@

he does

guess i need to go back and look at some of the eps then, but was it really that bad.

see they look more pulled in, like somebody cut away his face plate in the middle and then stuck them on, but the takara toy looks like they stuck it on top of the faceplate. cgi faceplate looks like a beard surrounding the mouth/lips, while the toy looks like he shaved and borrowed homers mouth. he stills looks good, just strange

Geeze I want these bad. Just don't know how I'm gonna scratch up eighty bucks...

The mold looks like the cgi cept I think it is the way they painted it, which looks like homer. I think it varies from toy to toy. If they painted the cracks inside the plate and just the mouth, it would look like the cgi.

Remember also, when he was about to battle, he put the faceplate up just like Cybertron Prime.

yeah i remember that, when he went to fight dinobot

He used that feature a couple of times, so form that point of view, the original one is not too far from being accurate.