Holiday Hal Jordan JLU figure

Last Son of Krypton

Saw it in ToyFare, but was pretty pissed when they said there was only gonna be 100 made, that they were for execs only, and that we would NEVER see one made on a larger scale.

Anyways, thought I'd browse the custom JLU figs on Ebay to get some ideas for my own collection, and saw this....

Holiday Hal Figure

At first I thought it was the "real deal" until I read the auction, but its someone's custom. Pretty cool idea, but there is no way I'd ever pay anywhere near what its going for.

What a shame eh I agree!

I still can't believe only 100 were made... That really blows. Ah well!

You should have seen the first auction...now that was crazy http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

sure allyn take the glory, i found that auction when it first came out lol @smilepunch@

I wonder how many of the original have been sold online by now :S

Anyone know?.. He was on display at toyfair wasn't he ? :S Was there word of if we will get him or not regularly?..

Isn't that $300 one the real thing?

Nope, a custom or as the description says.."Replica". I was wondering if the people bidding were even looking at the description.

Compare:

Real one.

JLUHalFaceTN.jpg

Fake one.

cb_1.JPG

The custom one looks to be a Supes head. And the logo is more curved on the real one.

The custom one looks to be a Supes head. And the logo is more curved on the real one.

Personally, i like the shape and color of the GL logo more on the custom figure, yet the head sculpt is clearly better on the real Hal Jordan figure.

I hope that figure sees wide release sooner or later. I guess that "might" happen, since it seems that Mattel is interested in selling us the GL Corps (the last 3 pack with Kilowog & Tomar Re as well as the Protos for Katma Tui, Rayner, Chimmuck). I wouldn't mind seeing Galius Zed(sp?), Larvox, and Salakk also.

WOW! Did you see how much that custom went for? $251!!! CRAZY!!! I garantee the schmuck that won this has no clue it was a custom! THat guy is probably like "MAN! I got a great deal! Only 500 of these things made and I got one!" What a dumb ass.

WOW! Did you see how much that custom went for? $251!!! CRAZY!!! I garantee the schmuck that won this has no clue it was a custom! THat guy is probably like "MAN! I got a great deal! Only 500 of these things made and I got one!" What a dumb ass.

A real one ended yesterday on ebay for $3,500 @bs@

A real one ended yesterday on ebay for $3,500 @bs@

There are 2 more real ones up on ebay by the same guy.

Someone made a perfect custom of him!

Only 500 of these things made

100 made... @smilepunch@

Seriously though, WHY would you pay THAT freaking much for a custom, or even $3500 for a real one??? OK, maybe I can see why people would pay big bucks for the real deal, although its well out of my price range, but people buying the customs for $250+++ have to be complete morons. Why not buy like 10 GL figs and try and paint 'em yourself? Even if you had no skills at all, you'd be able to custom paint at least 1 decent fig out of that, wouldn't you?

Im not sure but i have a feeling the real hal jordans on ebay will turn about to be a scam. The one guy last week only posted 1 and it sold for $3,500 and he only has 12 feedback. Even if you pay for it by paypal the coverage they give you i think is something like $400

I dunno its a cool toy but with that money id rather just save it or put it as a down payment for a new car