Sign in to follow this  
Skips

JLU Ep 3x13 - Destroyer

Check it out folks!

Thanks for the heads up skips. I hope to be watching it in a few hours.

** SPOILERS ** (In case you actually clicked this thread thinking there wouldn't be any)

Wow. They definitely packed this one full of action! People were wondering about how they were going to take care of so many problems in a short amount of time. The answer was..."rather abruptly."

And it was all thanks to "Lex flippin' Luthor!"

I thought a lot of the fighting was great. It was nice to see the just about full-on league go at it. One thing (perhaps I missed her) - The Question minus Huntress? What the heck? He got screen time and I didn't see her.

The combined teams were fun to watch. I imagine that if they had the option, they would have shown more teams fighting - but time was quite important on this one.

The rising action was enjoyable. They got right down to business. Superman's admission that he didn't have to hold back because Darkseid could take it was pretty cool. Geez, did they destroy Metropolis.

Manhunter's entry took me completely by surprise. I guess he just wasn't on my mind to begin with as I was soaking in all of the scenes.

While the climax was great, the resolution seemed all too quick. They didn't really have enough time to let the impact of "what would happen if..." sink in before rounding things up.

What did you guys think of the "5 minute head start" from Batman? I admit - it was out of character of course, but you already had that swan song feel going on as the episode continued. The "don't you have a building to leap over" line from Batman to Superman as well as the "..and the adventure continues" from Wonder Woman did sit well with me. You always hope that characters from the D.C. universe stay in-character when there is a non-comic rendition of them. Justice League and JLU seemed to (for lack of a better term) do them justice. This bit of dialogue at the end was a "thanks for the memories" type of thing. I was fine with it.

The running of the superheroes down the stairs, the conclusion with the original 7, the big 3 bringing up the end, and finally moving down to the logo where it all started (Batman) was pretty sweet. I really liked the rendition of the JLU theme there. The music actually seemed a bit cooler this episode, but maybe that was just me trying to soak it in at the end.

.....is there another incarnation of animated D.C. on the way?

Edited by CkRtech

Goddamnit Iam going to miss JLU... :(

Action packed indeed in this one! But strange Luthor ending IMO. But this was a finale so can't blame them. Cool ending I agree!

Notice how Wonder Woman says "And the Adventure Continues"? Lets hope it really does!

It's been fun JLU! I thought this episode could have used a second parter, it was too fast. The ending of the second season "Divided we Fall" seemed more appropriate if it was the ending though, due to the fact that you have regular people and superheroes thanking the JLU. I will miss this series and hope in the future Bruce Timm gets another DC liscense to bring to the DCAU!

(also spoiler containing)

It's been a fun episode for me but felt that too much was jammed in one episode.

The Superman and Darkseid fight wasnt handled that well. At first Darkseid seems to be having the upper hand then Superman says he's always holding back..... really questions me that how strong the big blue really is.

Darkseids' nerve attack was new badass attack.

But then i dont really get the ending. Not sure if it appeared in the comics but the Luthor entering the source wall plus what he was offering to Darkseid completely lost me.

Still hoping for a new season of JLU. I'll be still excited with a new season of JLU.

(also spoiler containing)

It's been a fun episode for me but felt that too much was jammed in one episode.

The Superman and Darkseid fight wasnt handled that well. At first Darkseid seems to be having the upper hand then Superman says he's always holding back..... really questions me that how strong the big blue really is.

Darkseids' nerve attack was new badass attack.

But then i dont really get the ending. Not sure if it appeared in the comics but the Luthor entering the source wall plus what he was offering to Darkseid completely lost me.

Still hoping for a new season of JLU. I'll be still excited with a new season of JLU.

Well, his power seems to fluctuate here and their, but he can move planets and whatnot. I think he can lift 100,000 tons. As I stated somewhere else, he could kill earth if he felt like it. As in, the planet.

it was a great ending to a great animated series. it was hurried and should have contained 1 more part. manhunter returning was cool as well even though he was voiced differently. hopefully we get to see them in some 1 shot dvd films.