One Superhero Team Bites it?

JayC

In the newest issue of New Avengers Alapha Flight is sent in to investigate a mysterious being that crashed to Earth in Alaska. The being is human looking but all ablaze with fire or energy. So far the being whiped out an entire town, a Sheild task force and with fairly ease Alpha Flight. It was't said they were dead but the image of them shown lying lifless on the ground with eyes open, they appear to have all been killed by this being. The New Avengers are being sent in which is where the issue leaves off.

WTF?! @can@

Which other team/ superhero are Canadian?

Also, in the last issue of their previous series, the original team blasted off into space while leaving clones of themselves on Earth. Seeing as how Marvel loves their clones, this would actually be a good move for them to use them, as opposed to the....."other" clones that have been used in the past.

I'm not gonna pretend to be some life-long Alpha Flight fan or anything, but come on, this is ##$%$#ed. Some are saying they'll be back, but I dunno, usually when third tier characters die like this it sticks. But still, wtf?? We don't even get to see their last battle? Canada's only super-heroes are taken out like a bunch of chumps, thanks. (and don't say Wolverine, I'm pretty sure Marvel 'forgot' that he was Canadian a long time ago). I'm not even mad that their dead, I'm just mad that their deaths served no purpose at all other than to make this guy seem bad ass... Uhg, what a waste...come on Marvel, prove me wrong. Please.

Edited by RandomHero

yea it was a pretty bs 'death' - totally off panel and apparently over in the blink of an eye.

but most of the team were clones anyway (except Major Maple Leaf and Puck II, iirc) and we only see 2 of the Flight 'eyes open' (Vindicator and Shaman) - so the rest are probably not even dead.

normally i'd be pretty upset for Alpha Flight to be punked like this just to show this new threat is really bad-ass but they'll be back.

I hate to say it JayC but the topic pretty much gives it away. I was kind of pointless to give the spoiler warning when you spoiled it in the topic title.

Anyways, if they are clones then who cares really? The original team is still alive...hopefully. But if it was the real team then that sucks big time. What a lame way to die.

I hate to say it JayC but the topic pretty much gives it away. I was kind of pointless to give the spoiler warning when you spoiled it in the topic title.

Anyways, if they are clones then who cares really? The original team is still alive...hopefully. But if it was the real team then that sucks big time. What a lame way to die.

Yeah, JayC. That's why when I started a thread about New Avengers #16, in the Comic News International Forums, I titled the thread, "New Avengers #16 & X-MEN: Deadly Genesis #4 Correlation? ***MAJOR SPOILERS***, DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THESE !!!. Plus, in my original post, I put another warning that looked like this:

***MAJOR SPOILERS***

FINAL WARNING !!!

DO NOT READ ANY

FURTHER UNLESS YOU

HAVE READ THESE

ISSUES !!!

Followed by several empty lines.

Bad JayC. Bad.

I'm not gonna pretend to be some life-long Alpha Flight fan or anything, but come on, this is ##$%$#ed. Some are saying they'll be back, but I dunno, usually when third tier characters die like this it sticks. But still, wtf?? We don't even get to see their last battle? Canada's only super-heroes are taken out like a bunch of chumps, thanks. (and don't say Wolverine, I'm pretty sure Marvel 'forgot' that he was Canadian a long time ago). I'm not even mad that their dead, I'm just mad that their deaths served no purpose at all other than to make this guy seem bad ass... Uhg, what a waste...come on Marvel, prove me wrong. Please.

i feel the same way. if your gonna kill alpha flight tie it into history. my only hope is bendis did this just so he can have wolverine go on a beserk rage and slaughter the collective. cuz these were all his old friends wiped out for shock value.

They seemed pretty dead to me. The reason this bothers me, is that it was completely unneccesary. There was no reason to kill off Alpha Flight. They were only thrown into 2 of the pages, and they get destroyed. A huge waste I think.

I am not a huge fan of Alpha Flight, but they went out likes bitches, off panel no less. Sasquatch makes a point of introducing himself and his teammates to the alien as "Canada's PREMIER Super Team" moments they have their a$$ handed to them. This is just Bendis doing whatever he wants as usual and taking a jab at Canadians and the under used Alpha Flight at the same time.