Sign in to follow this  
BrotherShane

Cobra Commander v1 custom

Okay guys, here's some teaser pics of my Cobra Commander v1. It seems like I've been working on him forever. I hope to get some better pics up tonight, this weekend I'll get some outdoor pics if it's not snowing or raining. Enjoy!

Better pics now posted - see below! :D

cc_weapons.jpg

Edited by BrotherShane

WOW! he looks amazing from these pics! really nice job on the helmet! man i cant wait to see the non tease shots!!

TM

Thanks TM and Rattler!

Here's some better pictures (Click on photos to enlarge):

cobraC4LR.jpg

cobraC2LR.jpg

cobraC3LR.jpg

cobraC5LR.jpg

cobraC6LR.jpg

cobraC1LR.jpg

Parts list below...

Edited by BrotherShane

I'm too tired to try and figure out what parts you've used right now but that is some fine work on ole Snake Head!

I think what really does it for me is the fact that the helmet is flaired just right around the edges-- not over done like the DTC Wave 3 Cobra Troopers and not enormous like the DTC Major Bludd.

Great work!

this is exactly what new-sculpt stuff should be like.

ditto

it's really impressive, i always felt bad about my CC not having the stripe on his helmet when i was a kid

oh man..i take it back after seein it in the light it looks like crap!

HaHA! just kidding...he is amazing! thats the best cobra commander custom i have seen ....EVER! Tom1 did a spy troops version that ruled but has now slid into second best CC custom ever spot...sorry tommy

this custom is most excellent! if hasbro could remove their heads out of theirs asses then they could do stuff like this!

TM

Thanks guys for all your comments! I thought my wife was going to kill me before I finished this one. I started it in late December and went through so many parts configurations, paint color selections, etc. I'm really glad to be finished. :D

I've racked my brain and finally got the parts I used:

Head: Beach Head base (heavily modified with Epoxy Putty)

Torso: Destro v11 (sanded and modified the collar)

Upper Arms: Cobra Commander v19 (did a little sanding)

Lower Arms: Destro v11

Waist: Cobra Commander v22 (Comic Pack #9)

Upper Legs: Zartan v4

Lower Legs: Cobra Commander v19

Helmet: Major Bludd v6 (DTC, did a little sanding)

Cobra Insignia is from ReproLabels.com

Amazing. One of the best Cobra Commander customs i've seen on this board.

Well ya beat me to it. I was working on one too. Great looking figre

well even tho he beat you to it , I think we still would love to see your take on CCv1

Well ya beat me to it. I was working on one too. Great looking figre

well even tho he beat you to it , I think we still would love to see your take on CCv1

In time, I must say that this custom turned out great! The paint choices were perfect to me and the mods are spot on.

AWESOME!

what brand blue did you use for CC?

I looked and looked for the "right" color to use on him, I'd bought several of the Tamiya paints, but the color just wasn't it. I looked at Model Masters paint as well, with no luck either. So don't laugh too hard, but I ended up using Folk Art's Periwinkle acrylic paint. It took me quite awhile to paint him using it. I had to paint very thin coats.