X-Men Luck at KB Toys!

DSmith

So I was up bright and early on my day off work to hit Toys R Us in Times Square, and failed to acquire anything like the ML12 Variants, or Super Skrull from FF Classics. Thoroughly disappointed, I decided to swing by KB Toys on my way home, and I find them FRESHLY stocking the shelves, the new X-Men line untouched by shoppers' hands.

I see the usual Wolverine and Cyclops in the front, and a white Storm (which I already have), so I investigate further, and I find a cat-faced Beast! I look more, find one Archangel (which I have), and then a Standard-faced Beast! Dug a little more and found two Magnetos (and didn't notice any difference between them from what I could tell.

I didn't know which was the hard-to-find Beast, or if they'll be equally available, but I went with the Cat-faced Beast. He just looked different and interesting. The standard-face Beast came with goggles that cat-face didn't. So that was disappointing.

But I have the cat-face Beast and he and Magneto ARE available, at least at KB. He looks good, a little too much black on the face (both versions, not just cat-face), and I think I might just replace Lab Coat ML Beast with this one in my Avengers display.

Anyone know if cat-face or standard-face are equally available or if one is rarer?

Time for me to start hitting KB again; I'm wanting to pick up a normal Beast.

Do you feel that the Magneto fits in nicely with the rest of ML, or is he "too out there"?

I looked at Magneto, really and truly, to see if I could see him fitting into my collection (and I'm loyal to the iconic versions of characters, but I can be objective sometimes)... and I couldn't do it.

He looked like Magneto, not anything like Ian who plays him in the movie. Maybe if you wanted some evangelist that oversees Asteroid M. He's nothing like any kind of "classic" Magneto.

At least I can pretend that cat-Beast bought a new outfit to wear as an Avenger.

So cat-Beast IS a chase? Or an equally distributed variant?

Wow! I thought the second assortment wan't due out til April? I really want that Beast. I'll start hitting my KB. That was quick though.

John

this is still the first series... Beast and Magneto were supposed to be included in the initial shipments.. for some reason those two were late.. and replaced by Wolverines and/or Cyclops

Wow! I thought the second assortment wan't due out til April? I really want that Beast. I'll start hitting my KB. That was quick though.

John

this is still the first series... Beast and Magneto were supposed to be included in the initial shipments.. for some reason those two were late.. and replaced by Wolverines and/or Cyclops

Oh Thanks! I didn't know that.

Don't know why the Roto Cyc topic was locked of mine either Z06. Anyway I did find a corrected version at my KB yesterday as they restocked with a fresh case. Just swapped the arms by popping them off and then returned the messed up one as defective.

Draven

Don't know why the Roto Cyc topic was locked of mine either Z06. Anyway I did find a corrected version at my KB yesterday as they restocked with a fresh case. Just swapped the arms by popping them off and then returned the messed up one as defective.

Draven

Someone wanted to be an A-hole maybe? I only found one Cyclops correct so far i'm gonna get another. i guess ill return the defective one after i find another correct one.

Wow, they sure did get kind of crazy with the black wash on Beast. DSmith, is your Beast like that too?

Yup! There's a major amount of black wash, specifically around the mouth, but I've come to terms with it, and will accept him regardless of how he looks. LOL.