Toybiz Future/Toy Fair report

JayC

OK hasbro is taking over it all in 07. Production, design, they control where the line goes. But not to worry TB is throwing a ton of stuff this year to keep us broke for awhile. Jesse hinted that ML would continue once Hasbro takes over and that some actual X3 based figues would be released in 07 thru ML. Im sure that can change between now and then but thats thw word for now. We got lots of pics coming so stay tuned,

Oh on a side note there are two new Marvel Minimates cominc astonishing x-men and new avengers waves. Sorry no pics of those from DST were allowed.

awe man.. that doesn't sound great..

our only hope is that hasbro would be smart enough to hire the Marvel Legend team to keep the line going.. but I doubt it.

Hasbro has a history of taking perfectly awesome toylines and destroying them with all kinds of crap.

i agree....man....this means all the great stuff that had been planned might not get even used.....SHYT....i only hope that Hasbro is indeed smart enough to keep the ML crew....but they are a much bigger entity with cash in their eyes...milk it until it can't go anymore then throw away.....maybe TB can pivk it up again....who knows.....

OK hasbro is taking over it all in 07. Production, design, they control where the line goes.

damn..that sucks..hasbro couldn't come with anything hot..so they have take our Marvel Legends away. Man..there goes the articulation, multiple repaints, tons of common characters over and over. What a damper...they lost my interest in GI Joe..now Legends...freakin greedy ass Hasblow!!

Hasbro has a history of taking perfectly awesome toylines and destroying them with all kinds of crap.

Sad but true. :(

I will give Hasbro a little more credit than its over folks. If Jesse is hinting ML will continue I will trust him on that. Hasbro knows a hot thing when they see it, I doubt they will change much ML wise. And the news that we will probably be seeing true X3 figs in ML next year is awesome if it turns out true!!!

Draven

OK hasbro is taking over it all in 07. Production, design, they control where the line goes.

damn..that sucks..hasbro couldn't come with anything hot..so they have take our Marvel Legends away. Man..there goes the articulation, multiple repaints, tons of common characters over and over. What a damper...they lost my interest in GI Joe..now Legends...freakin greedy ass Hasblow!!

Why would Hasbro be the "greedy" ones? Toybiz is the company that sold the license to Hasbro for $$$.

Toybiz is the one that's laughing to the bank.

I will give Hasbro a little more credit than its over folks. If Jesse is hinting ML will continue I will trust him on that. Hasbro knows a hot thing when they see it, I doubt they will change much ML wise. And the news that we will probably be seeing true X3 figs in ML next year is awesome if it turns out true!!!

Draven

I agree. I think it'd be a fool's errand to change a brand that works so well right now.

Make it more accessible with better distrbution, up the qaulity control, add some bigger vehicles and playsets into the line. Damn, I'd be stoked.

I get the impression that Toybiz is stacking the deck for Hasbro this year--what with stuff like the Marvel Icons and other lines. All Hasbro has to do is follow suit on some of these things and they have continuity in terms of sales.

No need to prove the product from square one, just keep pace with what its already established. Easy peasy!

Why would Hasbro be the "greedy" ones? Toybiz is the company that sold the license to Hasbro for $$$.

Toybiz is the one that's laughing to the bank.

Yah sold the license..I thought Hasbro was just going to take over production/manufacturing and shipping but not the design...that's what I meant by greed..or I should say total control, not so much money.

Edited by RAS ONE J

well.. what has Hasbro done to me?

GiJoe: was very awesome, very.. then it was cancelled because they went with NEON paint and action features up the booty.. nobody wanted GiJoe anymore.. Gijoe comes back with great figures in 2000, but they cancel it after only 5 series in order to go in a new direction.. 2002, new sculpts- an all new design scheme, only keeping the same scale, kinda. These figures do not match with the old GiJoes at all.. then they started flopping and had to be moved to INTERNET ONLY sales... so that the entire GiJoe line could be replaced by Sigma Six, an 8 inch anime-inspired toyline... They also have a habit of simply reusing names for figures that do not resemble their original counterparts at all... SO as you can see, GiJoe is no more.

Starwars: came back great with the power of the force series in 95.. that went well up until the Attack of the Clones series, which all had sculpted poses or action features.. Then they continued to go down hill... the only good figures are the new Saga stuff... but I have lost all interest in StarWars after being tossed around a lot..

Transformers: beast wars, Robots in Disguise, Cybertron... etc etc... a bunch of series with increasingly horrible paint schemes and wachy designs that do not mesh with each other at all..

so with ML, I am worried that they may simply try to keep the same scale, and produce figures that do not look like the past 15 series at all.. or have wacky paint jobs.. or action features... or less articulation... or a lack of attention to a character's real appearance... or Wolverine and Spiderman ONLY (i.e. Snake Eyes 100 times)...

I am worried indeed. Mark my words. If Hasbro does not retain most of the key players in the ML design team.. it is over. Hasbro is the worst designing company there is right now..

well.. what has Hasbro done to me?

GiJoe: was very awesome, very.. then it was cancelled because they went with NEON paint and action features up the booty.. nobody wanted GiJoe anymore.. Gijoe comes back with great figures in 2000, but they cancel it after only 5 series in order to go in a new direction.. 2002, new sculpts- an all new design scheme, only keeping the same scale, kinda. These figures do not match with the old GiJoes at all.. then they started flopping and had to be moved to INTERNET ONLY sales... so that the entire GiJoe line could be replaced by Sigma Six, an 8 inch anime-inspired toyline... They also have a habit of simply reusing names for figures that do not resemble their original counterparts at all... SO as you can see, GiJoe is no more.

Starwars: came back great with the power of the force series in 95.. that went well up until the Attack of the Clones series, which all had sculpted poses or action features.. Then they continued to go down hill... the only good figures are the new Saga stuff... but I have lost all interest in StarWars after being tossed around a lot..

Transformers: beast wars, Robots in Disguise, Cybertron... etc etc... a bunch of series with increasingly horrible paint schemes and wachy designs that do not mesh with each other at all..

so with ML, I am worried that they may simply try to keep the same scale, and produce figures that do not look like the past 15 series at all.. or have wacky paint jobs.. or action features... or less articulation... or a lack of attention to a character's real appearance... or Wolverine and Spiderman ONLY (i.e. Snake Eyes 100 times)...

I am worried indeed. Mark my words. If Hasbro does not retain most of the key players in the ML design team.. it is over. Hasbro is the worst designing company there is right now..

And I agree with you 110%... A dark cloud has risen over Marvel Legends...

Gotta say I'm stoked for everything.

Look at it this way guys, we got over 15 waves of awesome figures, too many figures to count, so much $$ spent already. If hasbro messes it up, it won't change the figures I already bought. In fact after what toybiz has for us for 2006, I wouldn't mind a breather.

I guess Toy Biz is gonna go out with a bang....

and i'll support them, so i guess my pockets will be going out with a bang too :P

i'll give hasbro a chance but if they change the quality of the line then i'm out

Marvel Legends is over as we know it........which is ok, I guess. I can't afford many more toys like this year......Toy Biz will be getting alot of my money this year.

Hasblow does have the anti-Midas touch. Everything they lay their hands on turns to crap. Being a FORMER Star Wars collector ('cept for the new Sideshow line) I can honestly say I hate Hasbro. They are still re-re-releasing old figures on new cards. How many of the same figures do I need? Give it up Hasbro. Sell off all your licenses and call it a day.

I agree with Clam. My only hope is that Toybiz is still around (since they are a part of Marvel) doing the designs of the characters and 'hoping' to keep them in scale with the rest of the released figures.

Trouble is, Hasbro is probably going to go back into the painting can and release, or re-release, figures we've already gotten from Toybiz.

Maaaan, I never got my Black Knight or Druid, or Demolition Man, or Sersi from Toybiz. Here's to hoping!