collecting code?

KENNY GUIDO

Is there a collecting code? I mean....is there a standard we are all supposed to follow?

Let me explain.........

My friend & I hit 2 seperate Targets at opening, hoping to score the latest CORESCENT WAVE. We both were on the phone, telling each other that we had both found them. i got off the phone so we could both take what we wanted without confusing ourselves (there was only 1 case in each store).

My friend grabbed more than he needed. However, he mistakingly grabbed a few from the previous waves. he had them all lined up in front of him (about 15 figures) and some dopey looking guy waddled over to him and asked if he was taking all of them. my friend replied "yes, of course I am." A second later, my friend had turned to the left then he glanced back, watching the guy scurry off down the isle.

He got in his car and called me. He began to sort out his finds. He noticed he grabbed some of the older wave, as I said before but he was missing something. i told him he should have 9 figures, including the C3P0 varation. He only had "8" (not including the others he grabbed.) Turns out that the guy that was hovering over him in the store snatched a "SCORCH" figure from him while he turned his back!

now, I know im not the one to speak about moral things but isnt this totally wrong?

It's not as bad as the habits YOU come here to BRAG about. At least the guy paid full price for it. I hope it was your Scorch the guy got.

I have had someone scurry off with the stuff I found.When the Removable helment Vader came out I was a a Walmart and a guy had like 5 of them in a shpping cart.So,no I think it's every man for himself in the looking for this stuff.It has become a cut thoat hobby with the scalpers and such.The fun has be taken completely out of collecting.

Hey, that happened to me (but not directly) yesterday. I was at Target and bought an AT-AT Driver and the only Darth Vader for someone I know, and when I left my cart briefly to go get some other supplies, the Vader was gone.

Turns out as I was checking out, I saw a kid no older than six years old with his brother and from what I could tell, stressed-out mother, putting it on the conveyor belt. I didn't feel like causing a scene so I let the little kid take it. Besides, that could be his first figure into the Star Wars universe. :)

Ive seen things like this happen on Black Fridays and people have gotten thier a** kicked for simalar things.

I mean, if you have to tell someone your buying something and he takes if right in front of you while your distracted, its down right wrong. scorch was also 1 per case. so, he wasnt hogging all the scorches up. there was just one to begin with.

Hey, that happened to me (but not directly) yesterday. I was at Target and bought an AT-AT Driver and the only Darth Vader for someone I know, and when I left my cart briefly to go get some other supplies, the Vader was gone.

Turns out as I was checking out, I saw a kid no older than six years old with his brother and from what I could tell, stressed-out mother, putting it on the conveyor belt. I didn't feel like causing a scene so I let the little kid take it. Besides, that could be his first figure into the Star Wars universe. :)

that must have been a tall 6 year old, to reach in your cart and grab it. are you sure it wasnt the kids brother, that you had mentioned, that might have stolen it out of your cart?

It blows I agree, but if I go shopping and I know something is hard to find or single packed I make sure to keep my stuff in my sight, and I know up here it's a pain to find stuff, however from what i've read about shopping south of the border and how hard it is, you guys pretty much have a more dog eat dog toy collecting lifestyle. If you see the guy take it out of your cart, you throttle him, if you aren't paying attention, that's his own fault. But that's the way I see things. I know how I shop and when I know i've got a steal, I know I keep it in my possesion even if i'm not going to buy it till I get to the till.

I actually think it's wrong, no matter who it's done to, cause honestly, you really dont know who's an army builder, who's a scalper, who's a collector, or even who's a Kenny Guido(@loll@), so I think if someone has it in their hands, they have it, it's technically theirs, no matter how pissed you are, suck it up and move on... if you ask them, and they're cool and part with it, that's different, but you dont take from another person.

I actually think it's wrong, no matter who it's done to, cause honestly, you really dont know who's an army builder, who's a scalper, who's a collector, or even who's a Kenny Guido(@loll@), so I think if someone has it in their hands, they have it, it's technically theirs, no matter how pissed you are, suck it up and move on... if you ask them, and they're cool and part with it, that's different, but you dont take from another person.

I agree with ya on that one, I'd never be rude enough to take something out of someone elses cart, the only way I would if it was a cart just sitting around I thought someone had left... Luckly no one has ever tryed to do that to me yet though :P

Allso I'm surprised you're friend would turn his back on a "dopey looking guy" and on his stuff to start with ...

Edited by synch

I'm with Kenny. If you have a figure in your possession, with the full intent of purchasing it, for someone to just go and take it from you against your will is theft, for all intents and purposes. Of course, LEGALLY it belongs to the store until someone pays for it, but morally it's wrong and reprehensible.

I'll tell you what - you could argue the legal aspects all you want, but any store or employee would favour Kenny's friend if they knew about it.

dont take this as a flame on you. Because its not kenny. But if your friend stashes also..... You know what they say about karma @smilepunch@ that does suck for him though. I tend to clutch my figures like they are my firstborn all the way to the cash register. I know it looks stupid, but I cant help it. ESPECIALLY if it is something super rare.

Sometimes I end up looking super stupid if I have a bunch of stuff(juggling it around and dropping half of it)But I never expect to find anything so I never grab a carry cart before hand.

as for collecting code. I dont think there is one. At the end of the day it is dog eat dog out here. ESP with star wars. We all like to think that people will help out, but most people only hook up their circle of friends, or do it with the assumption you will hook them up down the road, if possible. I dont think anyone does it freely.

Because I was new to the joe board, no one on the joe forum even REPLIED to any of my requests when the TRU infantry packs came out. Let alone bothering to assist me with getting any, I had to resort to ebay.

There are a couple of cool guys over there and JJ here is cool. Ultimately I only depend on myself for collecting.

Edited by *Deathblade

It's not as bad as the habits YOU come here to BRAG about. At least the guy paid full price for it. I hope it was your Scorch the guy got.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Kenny... Scorch isn't 1.24 yet... you and your friend shouldn't be trying to buy it yet!

actually, they would go down to $1.74. but that wont happen anytime soon. Not until this series is done and they introdce a new one, thus reducing the price of the old stock.

We always buy them at full price when they come out. Its the extras we stash to get them at clearance prices. @loll@

As for the guy, we got our eyes peeled for him. When we get a hold of him, it's not going to be pretty. Yes, I will take pictures. :)

I Look forword to seeing those pics lol the after math of it all should be great too specialy if one or all of you end up getting thrown in the slammer or some such :P

allso if someone ever trys to do that just rip open the item and see what happens :P if it is a scalper then they won't want it anymore :P

I think unless it is in your hands or in your cart. it isn't yours.

It was wrong of the guy to take it from his cart, if it was in the cart.. but I don't feel bad for any stasher scum

I Look forword to seeing those pics lol the after math of it all should be great too specialy if one or all of you end up getting thrown in the slammer or some such :P

allso if someone ever trys to do that just rip open the item and see what happens :P if it is a scalper then they won't want it anymore :P

I really, really doubt it: he's a cop. @loll@

I really, really doubt it: he's a cop. @loll@

WHOA! I sense a broken tailgate light in that guys near future + a ticket to go wit hit @loll@

Kenny You shouldn't be bitching about a figure that was taken from your friends cart. I have no sympathy for what happens to you or any of your fellow stashing buddies. You come here to brag how you and your buddies screw everyone out of getting anything new because you hide them and then want others to feel bad because there was someone out there more ruthless than you or your buddies @loll@ If it happend to anyone else in this forum or to anyone they knew I would feel bad but not for your buddies or you Kenny @loll@ For most there may be a collecting code but you have let everyone here know a long time ago that you are above the rules. @l@