Toy Fair 2006 Coverage! DTC & Comic Packs!

General_Hawk

Dtc wave 4 is not fantastic but not bad either.Least we know that 3 3/4 isn't totally dead.The comic packs look good.Wonder if Dragonsky comes with a helmet?

The new Sigma Six 2 1/2 line has some high points and low points.The highs have got to be the vehicles and the drivers they come with.These could be fun.The figure packs look like SW Unleased figures but with limited articulation so they are kinda a let down.These could make great dio pieces though.Hope the kids love them.

I dont collect the 8 inch SS line but was wondering why the Firefly prototype is in a Sigma suit?has he appeared on the cartoon and if he has did he swithch sides or something??

That Sgt. Misha figure's rather goofy looking, but I'm pretty pleased with everything I'm seeing so far.

I'm trying NOT to let the images of our fellow members CUSTOMS distract from what I'm seeing here, as our customizers have done some really amazing work, and not likely to be matched in mass production by Hasbro.

The Night Viper is not as cool as many I've seen customized here, but it's still pretty darn cool looking. Same with the others, and that Airtight is probably my favorite so far. That's a nice job!

Thanks for the link to the images. I'm a bit disappointed in the Misha figure. I don't like the cowboy hat, but then again that is pretty close to the hat they gave him in the comics. I guess it's just a propogation of an error. It also looks like they used the upper arms of a character who would have his sleeves rolled up, yet his sleeves are not rolled up. I don't get the reason behind this.

The other two OG members look nice. Gorky is pretty much the way I would expect him, though the upper arms look like the ones they've been using for the Crimson Guard remakes. I'm glad that it's this version of Dragonsky they're making, as opposed to the version with the tanktop. I hope he comes with the helmet he had when he made his comic book debut. I'd like him in full uniform.

I wonder if the gas mask troopers are just for example. I couldn't help but notice there is no cobra logo on their chest. I like the look of them, but that would detract from them a little.

Some of that Sigma stuff is on drugs. I was so looking forward to Destro, but that soft goods coat looks awful, and his ears stick out and look goofy. I don't recognize a couple of people, who is in the bright orange with the metal facemask (Firefly?), white hair with bright green trim (Lt Stone?), and what is that, an aqua snake eyes in the green?

I'm really not feelin' where they are taking this line personally. It looks to have a lot of play value, at least. Oh well, money saved.

The 2" stuff looks pretty good, actually! It seems pretty inspired.

Wave 4 is not bad, looks better than 3 imo. Still sub par to some of our best customizers, but like pointed out above, it's mass market, so I they they look good. Is that Outback with the beard and long hair?

I'm trying NOT to let the images of our fellow members CUSTOMS distract from what I'm seeing here, as our customizers have done some really amazing work, and not likely to be matched in mass production by Hasbro.

And if they did, everyone would complain "OMG Hasbro copied us without crediting! Those bastards!"

I will say that of all the DTC figures, I have to say I'm seriously dissappointed in Falcon. While the head mold is nice, as is Hawk's body, I just don't feel the two go together, much less for a character always portrayed as a man of action. Can't do much action in a dress uniform.

Night Viper is definately an inspired choice, I'd not have thought of Airborne's torso, but the new harness and helmet are all kinds of cool. On par with the DTC CG IMO.

Outback...I'll wait for more finished shots, same with a LOT of the wave 4 stuff.

I like the new gear with the Cobra Officer, and I think the webgear makes the figure look much better.

Munitia is nice, as is Airtight

Is that Outback with the beard and long hair?

Yep...and he's looking for the name of the guy that just took a nasty, steaming dump on his head! @loll@

"I'm gonna barbecue his ASS...

outback5gs.png

in molasses, when I CATCH'EM!!"

Thanks for the pics Justin, I too am a little sad about Falcon but all the others look pretty cool. I will definately be getting some of the night vipers and lady jaye looks sweet and so does the vipers she comes with. As for DTC, Airtight, Otback and Munitia are pretty cool, good job HASBRO keep em coming and if you can why not give us a 3/3/4 vehical of night ops vamp ;)

Not digging Outback's camo pants for some reason.

Airtight looks sweet. I like Munitia too. The Cobra Officer is lame, as is the Trooper he's based on, but whatever. I'm not sure about the Night Viper myself... I'd like to see pics of his goggles down.

Comic pack stuff is good. Not sure about Misha... but the rest I like. Lady Jaye is pretty sweet, but her original accessories would have been great.

Is that Outback with the beard and long hair?

Yep...and he's looking for the name of the guy that just took a nasty, steaming dump on his head! @loll@

"I'm gonna barbecue his ASS...

outback5gs.png

in molasses, when I CATCH'EM!!"

Hehehe... Yeah I'm not too sure about Mullet-head Outback. Wouldn't fly in my unit!

Im not sure if I like him to much either but the head will make a good jesus cutom

or a protesting hippie outside a Joe base

@loll@

Those are both AWESOME ideas!

Mullet-Head Outback head+Chuckles torso+Shipwreck (ie: bell bottoms) legs and you have a WINNER!

Jesus might be a bit more difficult to pull off though!

He's an EASY Rambo custom though!