DTC WAVE 4 PICS from ToyFair!

Darren

@loll@ Yeah me too and I love when people complain about Outback's new head yet it is totally accurate to the original card art/character, comics, etc. @loll@

Draven

still looks like G.I.Jesus v2

@smilepunch@ @loll@

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love seeing complains of Lady Jaye's hair color when it's just comic accurate.

@loll@ Yeah me too and I love when people complain about Outback's new head yet it is totally accurate to the original card art/character, comics, etc. @loll@

Draven

They might be comic book accurate, but that doesn't make it right.

I love seeing complains of Lady Jaye's hair color when it's just comic accurate.

Draven

@loll@ YEAH...THOSE mindless FOOLS!! @loll@

Don't they READ??? @loll@

@smilepunch@

Gorky = (This is my second favorite fig, but the grey needs to be darker, IMO)

Hehe... I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this was Lieutenant Gorky. Shrage come out in CP#6 already.

It'd be nice if Hasbro put up Comic Pack #6 & #7 again so people can get the whole team at once.

I wonder if they'll finish up with Red Star, Volga and Big Bear...

Anywho, glad to see more Comic Packs coming.

Edited by 8speed

all the nitpicking and leaving figures on the pegs all those years is probably why Hasbro has no use for the 3 3/4" line or the collectors who want them....

all the nitpicking and leaving figures on the pegs all those years is probably why Hasbro has no use for the 3 3/4" line or the collectors who want them....

ewwwww......thee ol' SPITE killed the 3 3/4" Joes? sad006.gif

There's an irrational theory for ya! :rolleyes:

Yes! Collector unhappiness killed the line. Hasbro had nothing to do with it!

Yes...Hasbro TRIED so HARD, to make toys us collectors would like, and we did nothing but nitpick and b*tch and leave'em on the pegs by refusing to buy enough of them, they hate us all now, and won't sell them anymore!!! @grumpy@

@hmmm@ Well, that is...except for their ONLINE store, which was developed specifically FOR the collector fanbase. @loll@

Guess they don't hate us entirely.....YET? ;)

To be honest, the accuracy of the colors is my biggest gripe with the comic packs. A lot of times the colors end up really garish when they don't need to be. Roadblock and Scrap Iron come to mind. Both are figures that were ruined by "comic accurate" colors. There are a lot of other examples I could name. In LJ's case, sure her hair is red in this comic but I can't understand why they can't compromise a little bit and give us a rendition that's a little closer to her traditional look. Just change the hair color and make everyone happy. Not too much to ask. This could be said about a lot of the comic pack figures. That isn't to say that I don't like the comic packs. Quite the contrary. I just think there's some room for improvment in this case.

Those comic books are usually colored pretty horrendously anyway, and in RAPID fashion. To think that they have to be "comic book accurate" like this is scary, just for that reason.

Some of these comic pack figures have been COMPLETELY ruined by this concept (if that's all they're trying to accomplish...color coordination per comics?) and the greens and yellows have been terrible on many of the figures.

Looking thru some comics....Lady Jaye has Brown hair on one page, and RED on another and almost Blonde on yet another. Uniform colors seem to change dramatically per page as well.

They shouldn't be using the end results of FAST comic book ink jobs, as an indicator of what colors to use on these.

IMO! ;)

Yes...Hasbro TRIED so HARD, to make toys us collectors would like, and we did nothing but nitpick and b*tch and leave'em on the pegs by refusing to buy enough of them, they hate us all now, and won't sell them anymore!!! @grumpy@

@hmmm@ Well, that is...except for their ONLINE store, which was developed specifically FOR the collector fanbase. @loll@

Guess they don't hate us entirely.....YET? ;)

No, they don't hate us so much, because they're still trying to feed us the line of bull that we need to "buy Sigma 6 to support 3 3/4"!"

I just hate that I'm expected to support a line I don't like, in order to save the one I do? I don't really get that logic. When's the last time you bought one of Stephen King's books because he's at a publishing house that publishes a writer you do like? Or better yet, do you want to buy some KFC so you can keep drinking Pepsi? I mean, they're owned by the same company. Support one in order to support the other.

Ugh. Sorry for the tirade. I guess I'm just pissed that we've got a new friggin' scale.

Edited by Harry_Flashman

Those comic books are usually colored pretty horrendously anyway, and in RAPID fashion. To think that they have to be "comic book accurate" like this is scary, just for that reason.

Some of these comic pack figures have been COMPLETELY ruined by this concept (if that's all they're trying to accomplish...color coordination per comics?) and the greens and yellows have been terrible on many of the figures.

Looking thru some comics....Lady Jaye has Brown hair on one page, and RED on another and almost Blonde on yet another. Uniform colors seem to change dramatically per page as well.

They shouldn't be using the end results of FAST comic book ink jobs, as an indicator of what colors to use on these.

IMO! ;)

This is true. Anything pre 90's were the dark ages as far as coloring is concered. not the best example to base a figure on. All I know is when I get my LJ she's going to end up looking like this...

brown.jpg

Comic Accuracy can be a sensitive issue, BUt to me these packs have been the best ARAH figures in years atleast since the rerelease of JOE in 2000.

SO my point is that for us ARAH fans, the sometimes off paint schemes are a small price to pay for some fantastic Joes. You get some good ones and some bad ones.

Plus the hair color can easily be changed with a paintbrush with little effort.

No, they don't hate us so much, because they're still trying to feed us the line of bull that we need to "buy Sigma 6 to support 3 3/4"!"

I just hate that I'm expected to support a line I don't like, in order to save the one I do? I don't really get that logic.

I don't buy that crap anyway! Your singing to the choir on this one, and I don't think that this is Hasbro's line of thinking (let alone expectations) anyway, and just the wild theories and false assertions of the geeky, think they know-it-all, fanboy, wanna-be Hasbro yes-men...types! ^_^

I think the idea is absurd, considering that G.I.Joe isn't the ONLY toy that Hasbro produces, and therefore we'd be equally expected to buy all of THOSE as well, if we REALLY wanted to save our 3 3/4" line from hiatus session number TWO!! ;)

Ugh. Sorry for the tirade. I guess I'm just pissed that we've got a new friggin' scale.

I don't care for it either, and won't buy it, and don't care if somebody else DOES, but I do understand the frustration over it, knowing our 3 3/4" guys have gotten a raw deal and hanging on by (what we're told to be..) a mere "thread"...dangling over the bottomless pit of extinction, and relying on our DOLLARS spent supporting the S6 line, to keep it from dropping. :rolleyes:

If that's the case, then YES, that money spent on creating a 2.5" series, must have came from our money spent on Sigma Six or the DTC stuff, and instead of securing the future of our 3 3/4" line a little better, went towards this sh@# instead! <_<

IMO! ;)

I totally agree. That's why I replied:
They might be comic book accurate, but that doesn't make it right.

to what Draven79 and BlueFootedBooby said about my complaints about Lady Jayes red-hair, and Outback looking like a hippie. Then, after my reply, Viper Hunter came along and said:

@smilepunch@

I read the comics. I know that they had less colors to work with, and made a lot of mistakes. Lady Jaye is obviously supposed to be a brunette. When Outback first came out, his hair was a little long, but not as long as the new sculpt. Yeah, I know hair requirements are a little lax for special forces member, but that new sculpts hair is just too much, IMO.

to what Draven79 and BlueFootedBooby said about my complaints about Lady Jayes red-hair, and Outback looking like a hippie. Then, after my reply, Viper Hunter came along and said:

@smilepunch@

I hope you know that I was being sarcastic though? Sarcastic towards Booby and Draven, about the whole "comic accurate" claim, and how they kinda laughed at our disdain for some of the colors, like they're meaningless in the grander scale of things in the comic accurate paint scheme story? @lol@

I wasn't actually agreeing and calling anyone "fools"...for real, just having some fun poking at Booby and Draven (although he hates me now) ^_^

I take offensive, I have long hippie hair as you call it and am no where near hippie.

I called long hair "hippie"? @hmmm@

I could kick most hippies ass. @smilepunch@

I dunno! I saw your picture in the community center, and I'd be impressed if you could "kick" your way out of a wet paper bag!

@loll@

@smilepunch@

And no VH I do not hate you, just like you less. @smilepunch@

Draven

Well....I have been a little rough on ya lately, seeing how you turnded to the dark side, with all this Sigma Six crap, and turned into a whiney-butt when we poke fun at it! @smilepunch@

Other than THAT...I still love ya like an adopted little long-haired hippie Brother I never had!

hug.gif

Man... You guys just made this topic so gay... @loll@

I know when VH usually gets out of hand... It turns into taking pop-shots at each other... He'll make fun of me for having long hair and then I'll make fun of him for his age...

Next thing you know he's is telling me to get a haircut and I am telling him to change his depends and then we go to the corners and wait for the next bell... @smilepunch@

Man... You guys just made this topic so gay... @loll@

I know when VH usually gets out of hand... It turns into taking pop-shots at each other... He'll make fun of me for having long hair and then I'll make fun of him for his age...

Next thing you know he's is telling me to get a haircut and I am telling him to change his depends and then we go to the corners and wait for the next bell... @smilepunch@

*ding..ding!*

boxer.gif

I agree with the figs using the comic accurate colors isn't wise. I mean they can use a different variant of the same color. For instance, dark yellow or tan as oppose to bright yellow. Some of the comic pack figs comes out a bit neon to me with the focus of bright green and yellow.

I do not mind the colors that they are using since they are "acurate", that is why they appeal to the vintage collector IMO.

"Vintage" of...WHAT, though?

As a collector myself, these don't look like anything I EVER remember from the "vintage" years.

You probably mean to say that these appeal to "comic book fans" and that's entirely different from those of us who started out collecting the "vintage" action figures. ;)