DTC WAVE 4 PICS from ToyFair!

Darren

Well....

Comic Packs. not bad but not inspiring either... but then I've never been a major fan of the Comic packs

Wave 4 New sculpts

I'll start by saying that I think given the low budget available a lot of people still have hopelessly unrealistic expectations for how many new parts they get per figure: most DTC figure's have to start with an exisiting figure and then they decide which one or two parts to change to make it into a new figure. Unless we see a return to retail then its just gotta be that way.

Airtight: a lot better than I had been half-expecting, mainly because I couldn't think of a good body for them to base it on: I wouldn't have expected Barrel Roll's, but it does seem to work rather well. I like the head design. Overall I like a lot.

Falcon: Not bad... I wish they could have done something to reduce the restriction caused buy the coat tails of the mold, but otherwise I like.

Outback: Hmmm.... yeah I think I can say I like this one, The Barrage mold is excelent, the main risk being it's desticiveness... but those same characteristics work for Outback too: he always was a heavily built guy, and this head sculpt is a good update the unkempt look fitting the character perfectly.

Munita: Interesting, My main problem with the VVV Baroness (and Scarlet) molds was the oversized upper arms to accomadate the exterior plastic Rivets... This fixes that... I might have gone with Dary Grey or Black to futher separate her from the Baroness... but Black works especially with the new-molded parts.

Cobra Officer: Obvious Complement to the DTC Trooper, I liked the trooper and I like this guy too. I'll get about 3 to supplament my Troopers

Night Viper: Looks fairly good to me, not a specaility I 'd considered major army building of though but two or Three seems like a good plan.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys- Please don't hotlink to my webspace w/o asking. If you want to copy the photo, and host it yourself that is just fine since that is what I did, or just ask. I have a paid account right now so bandwidth is not a problem, but I don't always maintain it that way. Thanks

I'll start by saying that I think given the low budget available a lot of people still have hopelessly unrealistic expectations for how many new parts they get per figure: most DTC figure's have to start with an exisiting figure and then they decide which one or two parts to change to make it into a new figure. Unless we see a return to retail then its just gotta be that way.

I think we understand that. But the most common new figure part is the head. There are PLENTY of bodies they could frankenstein and we expect it now.

Airtight needed a removable helmet.

Cobra Officer and Night-Viper needed a different torso.

Falcon needed a whole other body (or at least a better paint job).

Regardless of there being the necessity of frankensteining and even if they made NO new body parts, they still could have done a better job.

I see the Ice Cream Soldier on the upper thighs and Mutt on the feet.

They're the same! ^_^

Space Shots legs were first used on the D.E.F Mutt.

what happened to Joe

@grumpy@

looks like the comic packs and half of the DTC will be mine

as far as the 2.5 inch line

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WTF!

pick a scale for sister marys mother jesus's sake's devils grand ma's uncle tom's railroad killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to go cry now, and burn some trees in retaliation

I was so lookin forward to that night viper and now I'm so disappointed! I'm not feelin "wild life Outback" either but I really like Airtight! Can't say I like falcon either another disappointment! The female cobra looks cool can't wait to see what they do wit her.

Seems like Jayc added more pics. Lady Jaye looks awsome, though the hair could be darker; might be the flash. Also, who is the guy with the hat, glasses, and green camoflague colors?

That would be Sgt. Misha from the October Guard.

OmegaHarbinger

That is so crazy. He looks just like my scout Platoon Sergeant from a few years ago, SFC Gadshean. I think he may have even had some Russian background. He was a bad mofo I know that!

I gotta say, I like the wave for the most part. I think the majority of folks are pretty harsh on this stuff, or maybe Im too easygoing.

No matter what though, to me, the worst DTC stuff is still better than the best Sigma 6 stuff. I just cant get into that line, and actually Im glad.

Does anyone else think that Outback looks like Jesus? @hmmm@

Now I just hope that Hasbrotoyshop gets this stuff in, or maybe Ill just get it from BBTS or something.

I think this wave looks good though, including the Night Viper.

Aside from being a little dissappointed in Falcon and Night Viper, I really like this wave. Definitly better than last. I really like Airtight and Munitia. Cobra officer is what I expected. I'm surprised with the use of Barrage's mold for Outback but it works well.

I'm really looking forward to the October guard. They all look fantastic and will go with the others nicely. Lady Jaye looks nice but she should've had brown hair (duh). I heard somewhere that her hair in that comic was reddish pink, but not all the colors have to be comic accurate.

Im still wondering if I will ever be able to buy wave 3... I finally gave up on waiting for Hasbrotoyshop to get them in and decided to go elswhere but they are all sold out everywhere else I go....... Surely to god there will be more of these available??!?!?

Sigh......

I really like the comic pack Oktober Guard to finish off the remaining team members.

Does anyone know if Dragonsky comes with a helmet?

Wow in the span of a year we get 8 new Oktober Guard figures and not just repaints too.

If you put all 4 waves together, the figures are better than the majority of the old ARAH stuff. Better paint, heads and overall look. The DD comic pack was awesome. I also am warming up to the new cobra trooper and officer, though the officer is better in my opinion

the hisstank paint jobs complete the figures better as well. I hope the paint job on the gass mask troopers look better as their heads look a little weak.

Im still wondering if I will ever be able to buy wave 3... I finally gave up on waiting for Hasbrotoyshop to get them in and decided to go elswhere but they are all sold out everywhere else I go....... Surely to god there will be more of these available??!?!?

Sigh......

With them showing them at the ToyFair, and knowing they've already been available at select etailers already....I'd say it's a good bet, that they'll be available yet to come, at the Hasbro shop, and plentiful at that. ^_^

QUOTE(Phanstar @ Feb 14 2006, 03:07 PM)

Sigh......

With them showing them at the ToyFair, and knowing they've already been available at select etailers already....I'd say it's a good bet, that they'll be available yet to come, at the Hasbro shop, and plentiful at that.

I believe they HTS will have them but by the time they do, it may not even matter any more.

Thanks for the Outback fig Hasbro. I always wanted a Kevin Nash figure in 3 3/4 size.

All kidding aside, the ones I like:

Airtight

Outback

Lady Jaye

Yeah, guess that about sums it up. I don't think this is the deth of teh line, just a small bump in the road. They're at least trying to give us more figures. That's all that matters to me. Keep them coming. At least it means the 3 3/4 line hasn't been abandoned. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible.

Thanks for the Outback fig Hasbro. I always wanted a Kevin Nash figure in 3 3/4 size.

All kidding aside, the ones I like:

Airtight

Outback

Lady Jaye

Yeah, guess that about sums it up. I don't think this is the deth of teh line, just a small bump in the road. They're at least trying to give us more figures. That's all that matters to me. Keep them coming. At least it means the 3 3/4 line hasn't been abandoned. I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible.

Agreed. Ironically, I just got Airtight off ebay yesterday. The DTC figure does look nice in a comparison and the head is probably as close as they could get to looking like the original. It just would have been nice for a removable helmet.

i like the comic pack figs. finally a lady j w/ decent head sculpt. the cobra gas masks troops are cool in their own way.

the october guard is nice too. it's great to be able to get the whole team. (now if they only released grand slam, grunt, etc)

the dtc line isnt as exciting. night viper is a let down of course. not sure if i'll pick any of these up...

Airtight = (Decent figure)

Night Viper = (As much as I was looking forward to this, this is the most disappointing. It needs to have a darker green, and more black)

Cobra Officer = (Decent)

Munitia = (At least it's a new female figure)

Outback = (What's a peace lovin' hippie doing in G.I. Joe ??? I couldn't care less about this fig)

Falcon = (A Grey Beret ??? A Grey Beret ??? WTF ??? It NEEDS to be GREEN !!!)

Comic 3-Packs

Lady Jaye = (Hair looks too reddish)

Gas Mask Trooper = (This is actually my favorite fig of the whole thing, but I don't care for the yellow. I know it's comic book accurate, but I still hate the yellow.)

Oktober Guards:

Misha = (We don't need no stinkin' badges)

Gorky = (This is my second favorite fig, but the grey needs to be darker, IMO)

Dragonsky = (Where's the helmet ???)

This is, by far, the worse DTC wave, yet.