GIJOE Swords pics are up

boogerviper

$195 each. $175 if you were on their watch list.

Oooch.....pricey...and kinda look a lil cheap in the handle area. Nice arishakage etch though. Not enough to hike it up that high. I spent less on my LOTR swords (per).

A much cooler and less expensive alternative is..

http://www.thewebcollection.com/samurai_3000.html

Even looks more like a snake eyes sword in my mind. (the Samurai version)

http://www.gijoeswords.com/sword.htm

Now I am 100% convinced they're over-priced Ebay swords. Looks like I got the resin handle part right (the handle for Snake Eyes looks particularly weak), but the blades are "carbon steel," which is an oxymoron because all steel has carbon in it, even stainless steel. Carbon is what transforms iron into steel. They probably mean just plain steel, which would be stronger than stainless, but still not suitable as a functional sword. I never liked black powder coating on blades. As soon as it chips, the thing rusts up on you. SE's sword also looks like a stretched Arabian sword, and not a Japanese one.

The sword's Tsuba is beautifully pierced, displaying wings of an Eagle and a Star, both which drive and empower the warrior heart that pounds within Snake Eyes.

A wolf would have been better..........

WOOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY!!!

and the samurai 3000 series is stupid imo

double post

Now I am 100% convinced they're over-priced Ebay swords. Looks like I got the resin handle part right (the handle for Snake Eyes looks particularly weak), but the blades are "carbon steel," which is an oxymoron because all steel has carbon in it, even stainless steel. Carbon is what transforms iron into steel. They probably mean just plain steel, which would be stronger than stainless, but still not suitable as a functional sword. I never liked black powder coating on blades. As soon as it chips, the thing rusts up on you. SE's sword also looks like a stretched Arabian sword, and not a Japanese one.

The sword's Tsuba is beautifully pierced, displaying wings of an Eagle and a Star, both which drive and empower the warrior heart that pounds within Snake Eyes.

dude what do you want? For them to sell a cutting grade sword and some dumb a** or his kid slices their arm off and then sue these people and of course hasbro also?

I was going to get these, but I am a bit underwhelmed with them. They are too plain for my liking. My 350 bucks can be spent better elswhere

Edited by *Deathblade

$195 each. $175 if you were on their watch list.

Oooch.....pricey...and kinda look a lil cheap in the handle area. Nice arishakage etch though. Not enough to hike it up that high. I spent less on my LOTR swords (per).

A much cooler and less expensive alternative is..

http://www.thewebcollection.com/samurai_3000.html

Even looks more like a snake eyes sword in my mind. (the Samurai version)

If you do a little reseach on swords made for actual use (ie: demonstration swords for Haidong Gumdo) you'd find these to be dirt cheap. Although I'm sure they're pretty cheap in the quality department as well.

As ornamental pieces they're okay, especially if you're a die-hard Joe fan. But seeing as these don't even really look like swords used by Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, I personally don't see the appeal.

I've got kind of a dummie question, do you have to purchase both or can you just buy one of them?

Well, If you ever actually read the comics or watched the show, you would know that Snake-Eyes sword has always had an eagle handle and the curve at the end.

For them to sell a cutting grade sword and some dumb a** or his kid slices their arm off and then sue these people and of course hasbro also?

Even if they're as dull as a butterknife, kids can't legally buy these things, so that's irrelevant.

Well, If you ever actually read the comics or watched the show, you would know that Snake-Eyes sword has always had an eagle handle and the curve at the end.

Still a wolf would be more appropriate. All the eagle (and the design of the swords) do is appeal to the fans of the comic (I am not one of them).

I've got kind of a dummie question, do you have to purchase both or can you just buy one of them?

Looks like they're sold separately with a $30 deposit on each.

Looks like they're sold separately with a $30 deposit on each.

Thanks for the info, I want to get the Snake-Eyes sword but I the Storm Shadow hilt.

I really like the Snake Eyes sword. Looks true to his '85 version figure.

For them to sell a cutting grade sword and some dumb a** or his kid slices their arm off and then sue these people and of course hasbro also?

Even if they're as dull as a butterknife, kids can't legally buy these things, so that's irrelevant.

Has that EVER stopped any negligent parent from suing? How many kids LEGALLY bought grand theft auto?...so the sharpness of the sword is not irrelevant.

im only 16 and i have a katana and a naginata... both are ornimental of course but the naginata is somewhat sharpened. granted i had my parents use their credit card for both...

and you can go to a flee market and get one ... most people dont give a crap how old you are...

Edited by PhoenixSword

"WOOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY!!!

and the samurai 3000 series is stupid imo"

And imho the s3000 grips are ornate, intricate and are made of several materials that each have differing textures all combined with a functional and uniquely shaped razer-sharp semi-cerrated blade. All for a bill.

The only thing going for the joe blades is the shape of the hilt/grips. I especially like the index finger groove(SE's). But damn they look bottom shelf with the cheapo decision to go with a resin molded one piece design(hilt). Very plasticy.

And no scabards? 175 bones? c'mon

im only 16 and i have a katana and a naginata... both are ornimental of course but the naginata is somewhat sharpened. granted i had my parents use their credit card for both...

and you can go to a flee market and get one ... most people dont give a crap how old you are...

Well buying them with your parent's credit card kinda trumps the law since they can't tell how old you really are.

Has that EVER stopped any negligent parent from suing? How many kids LEGALLY bought grand theft auto?...so the sharpness of the sword is not irrelevant.

Let them sue. "Hey judge, I bought a weapon for my underage kid and he got hurt!" Child protective services will have those kids before they even leave the courtroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Well buying them with your parent's credit card kinda trumps the law since they can't tell how old you really are.

Let them sue. "Hey judge, I bought a weapon for my underage kid and he got hurt!" Child protective services will have those kids before they even leave the courtroom.

Well put, I totally agree with you, If they're going to be irresponsible enough to let the kid play with a WEAPON, then they don't deserve to care for the kids. (But on the other hand, s happen, you know)

I just noticed this press release on the swords from Reliks Swords and Collectibles.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be alot of things that alot of you are forgetting about Snake Eyes. First of all, he was a soldier FIRST, and a ninja SECOND...So many get caught up in the "ninja" factor, that they think his sword should be traditional ninja. It seems to me that he would want a weapon that would take into consideration his military and his ninja training. The sword that is being presented does that to a tee. Storm Shadow, on the other hand was trained in the ways of the ninja BEFORE he became a soldier, so his weapon would lean toward the more traditional ninja weapon, without the changes to it that Snake Eyes' has. If you think about it the differences in their weapon choices is evident in the very weapons that they carry. Snake Eyes carries a gun, Storm Shadow uses a bow and arrows. A prime example of Military vs. Traditional Ninja. Second of all, that Ninja 3000 sword is a nice weapon, but not for Snake Eyes. Its futuristically cheesy. Personally, I don't like it. The sword presented by Museum Replicas embodies what the Snake Eyes sword would look like to me. But that's just my 2 cents on it...

If they were to play his commando side he wouldn't be carrying a sword that looks like something he swiped from Blade's collection. He'd be carrying a big hunting knife.

Storm Shadow's weapon is the least "ninja," which has been warped to hell and back by the west for what a ninja is. If they ewere interested in proper ninja weapons (they're not), then SS and SE would both have short-blade wakizashis because they're easier to conceal beneath a robe.

I think the swords are cheesy as hell. Snake-Eyes' sword looks too fancy and hard to grip. I'd imagine that the two ninjas wouldn't have swords with fancy hilts since it just too tacky and eccentric for them. I think three is right and that they would carry a smaller sword.