2 1/2 " Sigma Six Sets

MaceWinduPreview

2 1/2 SUCKS!!! And if they look awesome it will suck more. Why not just make it 3 3/4 Whats next Hasbro 1 1/2 or 5 1/2 . Thats it, lets make a new scale every time we feel like it :(

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of you complainers are missing the point of this line. it is essentially a compliment to Sigma 6. it allows kids who buy the larger Sigma 6 dolls to have smaller versions of the characters and vehicles to compliment the play. with imagination, the kids can put down the large dolls for a second, put Duke in a VAMP and battle Cobra Commander in a HISS, and then pick the big dolls back up again. a child with imagination can mix the play of these together without ever caring that the sizes are different.

since they are simply smaller versions of Sigma 6 they really won't interfere with the Sigma 6 market. I assume the plan for this line is to appeal to children who already like Sigma 6 to buy these as a compliment to playing with the big dolls. but the 3 3/4" line is significantly different and would be competition for the Sigma 6 line.

one is a complment, the other is a competition.

You being the "expert" on the toy market and things that haven't even been revealed to the public yet. So that's entirely just your opinion, which as meaningful or as worthless as anyone else's.

I see this on message boards all the time, some "tell like it is" wannabe show-off posts something like this to try and stick it the complainers or whoever. Sorry, bub. You as a much a fan forum cliche as every whiner and gusher out there. @l@

I don't think gscbr is trying to act like an expert here. He's just addressing the questions from people who genuinely couldn't understand why Hasbro would introduce a new scale which is real close to 3 3/4" with the clearly correct answer. These new sets are focused more on vehicles than characters. For instance, a brand new 3 3/4" scale U.S.S. Flagg would be way too costly and big but a 2 1/2" U.S.S. Flagg may not be completely out of the question. It's silly to blame gscbr for replying to a question just because you don't like the answer.

OmegaHarbinger

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=8782

Whoa... that actually looks pretty cool, but then again photography can do strange things... I want to see it up close.

That being said, after seeing the last few episodes of Sigma Six makes me even LESS likely to get anything related to the show. I'm sorry, but whether you like the figures or not, that show is absolutely terrible. I think the crowning moment for me was Duke wearing those pink heart sunglasses...

Edited by DPrime

I should have put this in my predictions. I saw it coming yet I thought the new size line was coming out with the new movie. In my dreams they where like star wars figs. They looked nothing like this new 2 1/2 inch stuff the are talking about know.

If it were not for the fact that my kids like Sigma 6, I would have put my Joe stuff away along time ago, and said good buy to G.I.Joe for good.

hasbro sucks all there doing is wastting our time and there money. HASBRO DO US A FAVOR AND BRING BACK 3 3/4IN FIGS. IT WILL BE BETTER FOR ALL INVOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Couldn`t have said it better myself! I`m tired of giving them a chance, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Well I say Hasbro is goin to killed G.I. Joe by this line, it time for them to go back to 3/4 figures again. Screw this Sigma Sh*t stuff.

Complainers are damned no matter what they do! @lol@

If they complain about stuff BEFORE it's even available to buy, they get b!tched at for complaining prematurely, and if they DO wait till after they get it or at least after it comes out, so they can take an up close LOOK at it, they STILL get b!tched at some more, for being an annoying complainer...if they don't like it anyway.

If sales of said product is truly the ONLY thing that matters to Hasbro, then no amount of praise or bashing (on these boards) about their toys, is going to either PROLONG the line or KILL it, and any paranoia over any of that, having any affect on it, (one way or the other) is just THAT....some paranoid delusions of importance. ^_^

I'm not trying to get into the psyche of Hasbro and the toy industry, I'm just trying to have fun with the toys and the people that collect them. Some of you folks are waaaay too uptight and anal about this stuff.

If this 2 1/2" Sigma Stuff sounds like crap, then it's no big damn deal to openly express that it sounds like crap. If we get it, and it LOOKS like crap as well, then we'll certainly be sharing that conclusion here also. ;)

I don't think people are really complaining, and just stating what they like and don't like based on their own collecting preferences.

That's what I'm gettin' at. I already know I won't be interested in this scale of Joe stuff, so it's an easy prejudgement to make on them, and just as easy to be negative in general towards it, because it's an indication that Hasbro is STILL pushing the "anti-3 3/4" line" on us (at retail) while keeping the 3 3/4" stuff a dirty little secret online ONLY!

I relate more to the critics, than the advocates (of this endeavor of Hasbros) so I don't have a problem with it, and don't get all bent out of shape by it, when the "boo birds" come flyin' in. There's a misconception among certain fans and members of these forums, that blind positivity = superiority.

It's easier for me to see these appealing to trading figure collectors than anyone else, and not many Joe fans colelct those.

This is true. variety in all things G.I.Joe isn't really a "bad" thing...it's a great thing, but for G.I.Joe related forum discussion material though, it's automatically up for review and for good AND bad, whether we plan on collecting it or not. Just kinda how it works around here I guess.

hasbro sucks all there doing is wastting our time and there money. HASBRO DO US A FAVOR AND BRING BACK 3 3/4IN FIGS. IT WILL BE BETTER FOR ALL INVOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Couldn`t have said it better myself! I`m tired of giving them a chance, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Well I say Hasbro is goin to killed G.I. Joe by this line, it time for them to go back to 3/4 figures again. Screw this Sigma Sh*t stuff.

I agrre. Hasbro kill line wit crapp figers. need they need go bak to 3inch. Could be just me though. Duh aliens forgot to take out duh probe :wacko:

1 INCH SMALLER OMG DETH OF TEH LINE!!!!

i actually loved MASK and ExoSqaud, and am very excited to see this line

lots of possibilities all of them being good... might finally get some huge vehicles

now that they are in smaller scale.

and these arent the size of the Star Wars Unleashed, they are 1.25 inchs

and these are articulated, Neck, arms, legs.

Whoa... that actually looks pretty cool, but then again photography can do strange things... I want to see it up close.

That being said, after seeing the last few episodes of Sigma Six makes me even LESS likely to get anything related to the show. I'm sorry, but whether you like the figures or not, that show is absolutely terrible. I think the crowning moment for me was Duke wearing those pink heart sunglasses...

@hmmm@

Duke: "Hey congress! Get the government to build aircrafts that cost hundreds of millions of dollars so they can haul around a ninja motorcycle for some guy who's not really a ninja! Yeah right you heard me! Get on it!"

This is starting to border on the level of goofy the late 1980's/early 1990's Joes had before Hasbro axed it.

Hi, I am a long time lurker and short time poster here, and I have been a Joe fan for all of my 24 years and I have to admit that I am not entirely troubled by this 2 and a half scale introduction. As always when Hasbro changes things 180 on us I am skeptical until I see the final product in some pictures or in a store. I thought S6 was pretty crazy until I bought Duke, turns out I still think it's crazy. But I am interested in what these might look like, I am willing to get into anything Joe that looks cool and has a pretty good story behind it, which so far only the 3 and 3/4 Joes have done for me.

And with three more waves rumored to be released in DTC (4,5,6 all rumored as far as I know) the release of those, in my estimation is likely to go on through the Fall of 2006 (wave 4 = March/April, wave 5 = July/August, wave 6 = October/November, all guesses). And so far the 2 and a half inch scale is scheduled for release in Fall of 2006 which made me wonder, could this be a sign for Joe to return in all kinds of Glory to retail in Fall 2006? I'm talking 8" Joes, 2" Joes and of course the revival of my favorite the 3 3/4" RAH! Or of course it could also mean we just keep getting 3 3/4" in the mail and 8 and 2" Joes will run the toy aisles, who knows?

Just some more speculation since I believe it possible the end of the DTC run and the 2 1/2" emergence will be around the same time.

After Nomad's hint on joecustoms this morning, I'm wondering if this thing could accomedate a 3 3/4" figure.

Doubtful! This was attempted with some Halo vehicles, and while close, did not look right. It'd just be an act of desperation to add another cool vehicle to our 3 3/4" scaled toys, with this stuff.

Also...I'm pretty weary of "hints"! They generally don't mean jack sh@#! ;)

Is it just me or is Hasbro just being a pain in the ass with this sh!t anymore????

TM

grimreaper34db.png

@firedevil@

I'm to the point where I'm thinking that the BEST possible thing to come out of this upcoming convention is the news that this Billy Lagor fella is getting moved out of his role in anything that has to do with G.I.Joe! <_<

Yes....this stuff is just a "pain-in-the-ass" anymore and getting tiresome. Isn't it amazing how fans of 8" scaled toys, suddenly took interest in Sigma Six, and now fans of 2.5" scaled toys are showing enthusiasm for THIS venture? Demonstrating entirely, that a SCALE and STYLE of a toy is what collectors are MOST interested in, and will take interest in another toyline of a similar scale for THAT very reason, but us Joe fans keep getting our favorite scale of toy, butchered, placed on hiatus and resigned to online only availabilty, while our favorite toyline gets besieged with everyone's who's been a fan of something else, and doesn't appreciate our gripes about Joes being made to look more like the stuff THEY want, than what we've been loyal to.

Hell, if they made POWER RANGERS look like 3 3/4" scaled G.I.Joes, I'd just imagine I'd find a way to incorporate them into my collection, as some Cobra Baddies in goofy ninja gear, and the same for ANY action figure toyline out there right now. I did it with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, CORPS and Chap Mei stuff (mostly for the accesories) so I'd likely do it with something else.

I don't want Joes in multi-scales! Having that option is nice, but Hasbro doesn't see fit to make it so. (at least in store, all available together) I don't really like the online only status for my 3 3/4" Joes, as it's taken a lot of the "fun" out of collecting and proving more expensive, even with the price of gas expenses being eliminated. :(

The whole blaming Walmart for no 3 3/4" Joes at retail, is about enough to make me puke anymore as that's such a crock of sh@#...but you see it still being tossed around as an excuse. :rolleyes:

Yep...some changes within the marketing dept. at Hasbro seems desperately needed for us old 3 3/4" fans of G.I.Joe. You folks that love a bezillion OTHER toylines out there, have no REAL complaints, because you have a wider scope of interests and find it just fine. Lose interest in ONE or have ONE taken away, you can focus heavier on another...no problem.

well back in the 80's some of the highest selling toon' based toyline sold very well... most of which were 2-2.5 figures with

large vehicles... M.A.S.K , Dino Riders, etc. to these the main focus was the vehicle, not the figure, which lead to higher playability and offerings to allow more fun out of this combo

then just one figure and other bought seperately, then in the early 90's with Exo-squad which was a high selling line for Galoob... used almost Joe style articulation, only the waistbeing ball joints for the legs... these were machines (vehicles) with figures based in size to accompany, and since i owned Exo Squad, it was by one of the most funnest toys EVER, huge battles with my friends,

but alas, my point is.. G.I.Joe is not for the collector, its for everyone.. if you want 3,3/4 figures go buy em on Ebay, i garauntee you dont have every figure in exsitance.

but for all you bitchers and whiners, and complainers, think of this as... IF the 2.5 line does well.. it gives more profit to keep them doing a collector based 3,3/4 inch series... if thats all it does, thank perhaps one day you would be thanking Billy lagor for this Idea.

and just to be clear, Joe hasnt had clear sailing for 20+ years.

the highest selling year was the 85-86 series, the rest was a "good" selling line but not "excellent" in anyway.

it was canceled and brought back two times.. both of which were not huge returns, minor "collector based" lines of Joes.

you go from one wave a YEAR.. to over 7 waves a year.. back in the 80's you could do that, kids didnt care, but now they are forced to turn to new ideas to keep kids attention... i know for a fact my attention span is very short...

anyway what was i taking about..

oh yeah... enough with "blah" SUX this and "OMG SIMGA SUXXORZ!!1!!!"

this maybe your only hope that YOUR precious Joe line isnt thrown in to the doom of plastics, and forgotten... Sigma six maybe the small joes only hope to ever return.

-- and i know all im gonna get from this is.. OMG I BUY MILLIONZ OF JOES ITS ALL BS, but be realistic, everyone on every Joe forum on the Net, could not produce enough money to make it worth while to keep the Small Joes in store.. its the kids.. thank them for buying the crap you dont like, its what will get you what you want in the end.

I don't think a lot of us are saying this new stuff SUCKS, I for one think it looks awesome, a futurisitic take on JOE, kinda like the spacemarines from ALIENS. BUT WHat gets me Mad and makes me go CUCKOOO and BONKERS is that in that scale it will BE USELESS for my collection.

IM not bashing the toys IM BASHING HAsbro for doing this GREAT IDEA in the wrong scale.

YES its the wrong scale for anyone who disagrees, the vehicles and playsets have been done for over 20 years in 3 3/4" and have created some of the best looking scale vehicles that look awesome and are durable for play. BUt now its just the wrong scale.

OH and I might still buy some of it when I see it. Why? because Im a big SUCKER.

Edited by MaxPower

well back in the 80's some of the highest selling toon' based toyline sold very well... most of which were 2-2.5 figures with

large vehicles... M.A.S.K , Dino Riders, etc. to these the main focus was the vehicle, not the figure, which lead to higher playability and offerings to allow more fun out of this combo

That's true but the miniature size of M.A.S.K. agents and Dino Riders was often compensated by the numerous accessories included with carded items. For instance, Matt Tracker was sold with Jungle Challenge & Coast Patrol while Faze from the Dino Riders Commando assortment included 5 pieces of armor and missile launcher equipment. I'm sure that played a critical role in their success and there's no hint that Hasbro is taking this philosophy to heart with Sigma Six 2 1/2" sets.

OmegaHarbinger

I'm actually really liking what I'm seeing so far. If everything else looks as good as the Dropship does and that earlier listing with the HISS at around 11 bucks is also correct then I'll be pretty happy.

I am truthfully pretty interested to see what this looks like and if they're articulated.

If they're articulated, I'd probably buy em'.

Myself as well. For the "customizing" joe fan these figures may open a new chapter of collecting enjoyment (based upon the drop ship pictured). Smaller scale , less space required , lower price at retail and more vehicles are all positives to me. Add to that a figure that has articulation (and im going to assume that we'd be looking at swivel neck , shoulders , hinge elbows , T-Crotch and hinge knees) and we might have something here.

Everything hinges upon what type of articulation these figures have ..

or whether or not you can buy stikfas in abundance anymore ;-)

then just one figure and other bought seperately,

I'm 43 years old, I grew up with the original 12" line of G.I.Joe as my action figure play toy...as a kid! :)

When ARAH came along in the 80's (I was a young adult by then) I thought the scale of THEM offered the very thing you're using here to explain as a benefit for the OTHER 2.5" scaled toys of the time.

3 3/4" Joes had all the cool vehicles along with the awesome selection of characters and VARIETY was definitely the added spice of the line, and it had awesome (and AFFORDABLE) "playability".

I never took interest in those other lines you mentioned, as G.I.Joe has pretty much been my exclusive hobby since the early 80's. Doesn't make me a better hobbiest or loyalist or something, it's just how it is.

but alas, my point is.. G.I.Joe is not for the collector, its for everyone

I think the collector phenomenon has affected the toys of today quite immensely, and while it's obvious that KIDS are the main target (higher numbers of) collector interests have their influence, and I'm one that would argue it's not a "good" one! :(

Sigma Six is suffering from this right now.

.. if you want 3,3/4 figures go buy em on Ebay, i garauntee you dont have every figure in exsitance.

That's pretty rude really! Basically a semi-polite way of telling somebody to piss-off. I've explained my age and number of years in this hobby, and 90% of my entire ARAH G.I.Joe collection was purchased nEW in the year it came out. Ebay allowed me the chance to fill a few holes (of which are filled) and to increase my desire to have bigger armies of favorite Cobra soldiers, or custom fodder.

That's hardly a fair subsitute for getting something new. <_<

but for all you bitchers and whiners, and complainers,

:rolleyes: More rudeness! You're now offically the bitcher, whiner & complainer of "bitchers, whiners and complainers" but (like I mentioned before) excusing YOUR complaining, as being okay, because it's defending toys, not criticizing them, but I find it MORE offensive because it insults real PEOPLE and not toys.

Toys don't have feelings, people who get theirs HURT over somebody criticizing a piece of plastic probably have OTHER issues to be more concerned about?

think of this as... IF the 2.5 line does well.. it gives more profit to keep them doing a collector based 3,3/4 inch series... if thats all it does, thank perhaps one day you would be thanking Billy lagor for this Idea.

Awwww...now there's an old myth! @lol@

Hasbro has a ton of products in their arsenal besides G.I.Joe...wouldn't profits of ALL Hasbro produced toys, benefit them, add profits and ability to expand on those already in existence even MORE? Do they seperate G.I.Joe profits from the others, and only reinvest in G.I.Joe with money made from G.I.Joe?

anyway what was i taking about..

oh yeah... enough with "blah" SUX this and "OMG SIMGA SUXXORZ!!1!!!"

The only people I see using THAT kind of ##$%$#ed verbage, are the ones "bitching, whining and complaining" about the angry folks who are fed up with how Hasbro is marketing G.I.Joe right now, and trying to re-invent the wheel (so-to-speak) with making G.I.Joe in an entirely opposite scale and style than it ever has been before, and doing so with a heavy LEAN towards the collector mentality, than what would benefit and interest a REAL "kid".

this maybe your only hope that YOUR precious Joe line isnt thrown in to the doom of plastics, and forgotten... Sigma six maybe the small joes only hope to ever return.

Yeah right...same myth! Why would you refer to 3 3/4" Joes as "MY precious Joe line"? Are you not onboard with the many fans of them here on this forum? Another pretty obnoxious way to talk down to me, as an old ARAH 3 3/4" Joe fan.

-- and i know all im gonna get from this is.. OMG I BUY MILLIONZ OF JOES ITS ALL BS, but be realistic, everyone on every Joe forum on the Net, could not produce enough money to make it worth while to keep the Small Joes in store.. its the kids.. thank them for buying the crap you dont like, its what will get you what you want in the end.

You have no more proof of just WHO is buying the bulk of these toys than anyone else, and it's laughable when I see people trying to do so. You're still trying to ride the theory of "buying 8 & 2.5" Joes MIGHT get our ("precious") 3 3/4" line, BACK at retail" <_<

Another wildly reported myth is the "WALMART KILLED THE 3 3/4" jOE LINE!!" Yet Hasbro pulled it entirely from ALL retailers, not just Walmart, and then some fanboys offer up the excuse that Walmart didn't like the scale nor the military theme...yet we all have seen BOTH big retailers scramble to fill the empty void left by G.I.Joe, in something similiar in scale and even MORE militaristic than G.I.Joe was, CORPS and ELITE military toys amongst others!

Hardly supports the theories now does it? <_<

Put S6 and 2.5" scaled toys on the shelves together, along with 12" and even 3 3/4" Joes, and see what sells the most!

My bet is on 3 3/4" Joes!

Variety isn't the problem we "complainers" have, it's the marketing strategies and lack of equal opportunity accessibilty to obtaining our joes, that has us frustrated and angry. The rest is all just discussion fodder, and how we stay "in the game" of collecting and being a collector of G.I.Joe!

We're the Siskel (rip) and Eberts of all that's G.I.Joe, and definitely not going to agree on the same things, let alone THINK about everything exactly the same. Variety is GOOD in that respect as well......right? ;)

Stop complaining about the complaining! @smilepunch@

This blows chuncks!!! Have you seen this stuff? If this was made 3 3/4" I would buy it all! But 2 1/2", #WTF#

Here was a great oppertunity to bring the S6 items to a real GI JOE size, but can they do that, no!

I give up on Hasbro, they just don't get it. Why pioneer a new scale when you have a coustomer base already and it could interact with items they already have? I just wish that they would think just one minute longer. This is what it appears to be happening inside some top secret Hasbro board room:

Hasbro Director: "We need a new scale for the S6 line. Any ideas?"

Hasbro employee #1: "I know 2.5 inches like the (failure) mini Star Wars Unleashed items!"

HD #1: "I don't know. . . . . okay you were first to speak so lets do it."

HE #2: "What about 3 3/4" versions?"

HD #1: "To late to suggest ideas now, and that would NEVER work! And besides the RAH collectors will love this it is S6 in the smaller size that they say they want."

MATT