2 1/2 " Sigma Six Sets

MaceWinduPreview

I got an email from BBTS today and it states that this summer Hasbro is releasing a 2 1/2" sigma six line, does anyone have specific information on these?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didn't see the email:

SIGMA 6 - 2.5" FIGURES: Hasbro has miniturized these figures and added a

cool 'mission in every box' theme to the Sigma 6 lineup. A variety of

smaller scale vehicles have also been added, including a nod to the great

vehicles of the 80's like the HISS, Firebat, and VAMP. We have 17

different 2.5" Sigma 6 preorders listed including a variety of Basic

Mission Sets, Deluxe Mission Sets with vehicles, Vehicle Sets, and the

Dragonhawk Deluxe Vehicle - a large item priced at $35.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...0&category=1976

At least it clears up the confusion of a S6 drop-ship....

Imagine how huge a S6 dropship would actually BE. Sheesh!

So most definantly unarticulated then...................lame. Vehicles sound cool, but probably won't justify the price. Still, props for trying something new and different, I'm always down for new and different, it's the reason GI Joe exists in the first place.

That is it. IM PISSSED at hasbro. WHy in the hell will they change the JOE scale to 2 1/2" ??

WHY????????

I bought some Sigma Six toys , not just to support the line but because I wanted to see them and play with them with my kids. But I was always hoping and waiting for the 3 3/4" line to return to retail. Then all the repaints of Sigma Six appeared.... and I thought NO Way am I buying repaints of a giant JOE.

BUT now , BUT NOW they are releasing SIGMA Six in a smaller scale. What sense is that , WHat freakinng sense is that. WHY not in 3 3/4"??

I hate you HASBRO. @grumpy@

Seems a bit odd, why not just go with the 3 3/4" scale? I hope they'll at least do more cobra figures.....that's my problem with the 8" line.

That is it. IM PISSSED at hasbro. WHy in the hell will they change the JOE scale to 2 1/2" ??

WHY????????

I bought some Sigma Six toys , not just to support the line but because I wanted to see them and play with them with my kids. But I was always hoping and waiting for the 3 3/4" line to return to retail. Then all the repaints of Sigma Six appeared.... and I thought NO Way am I buying repaints of a giant JOE.

BUT now , BUT NOW they are releasing SIGMA Six in a smaller scale. What sense is that , WHat freakinng sense is that. WHY not in 3 3/4"??

I hate you HASBRO. @grumpy@

Like I said, they're probably not articulated. Read my above post.

Seems like they are doing almost anythign to keep from putting more effort into 3.75"

That's the GLUE that holds the G.I.joe community together! Despite the efforts of Sigma Six fans to shove it up our nostrils ("buy one...you'll LIKE it!") as the "latest and GREATEST" out of Hasbro, as the next innovation in G.I.Joe action figure construction, for the next generation of Joe fans, and attempt to make it as fun to talk about as what 20 plus years of everything ELSE has to offer...it ain't getting'er done.

3 3/4" Joes are still what's hot in this community, and anything involving it, is likelt to be kept under wraps, and saved for the BIIIIIIIIG convention! ;)

This other crap they'll "leak" out deliberately, just to spark curiosity. Just more non 3 3/4" crap I could care less about...no biggie.

wasnt there supposed to be some kind of heroclix type game for joes? (i may be wrong but i thought there was a rumor about that a while back?) maybe thats what this is?

If these were ATtactix, then they would be marketed as such

So most definantly unarticulated then

What led to this assumption? Noone knows anything about this new line, for all we know, it might be a reincarnation of MASK (which was also 2.5" scale)!

3 3/4" Joes are still what's hot in this community, and anything involving it, is likelt to be kept under wraps, and saved for the BIIIIIIIIG convention! ;)

Well I hope your right. ANd i like your attitude, if its NOT 33/4" then who cares, NO Biggie.

But still , I can't help but feel like why would they not do it in that scale instead of creating a whole new one.

And even if it is unarticulated, WHo cares? Its still in a direction the complete opposite of what most of us want. Its like they are just sitting around at hasbro thinking what else could we do to screw up the line for collectors? they are probably sitting and pointing and laughing at us suckers right now. @grumpy@

AND DAMN some of those vehicles and playsets sound so cool.

NIGHT OPS Vamp

BAT Attack

NIGHT Blade

Silent Entry

Cobra Jeep

Drop SHip JOE Mech

Joe Copter

ThunderWave Jet Boat

FireBat

and HISS Tanks

But in a small useless scale that will have no possible use in my 3 3/4" collecting world.

Im one sad collector right now.

Should I be happy for the Joe line still existing in some form at retail or should I be hating hasbro for this torture?

How will they market this line? "Not your daddy's G.I. Joe, or your G.I. Joe from six months ago!" @smilepunch@

Guest McBragg

Why go with an existing scale when you can invest $$$$$$ into new tooling for a new scale with no established following? Why not do it twice within a year? :huh:

i just don't like the characters enough to buy multiple scales, i suppose fans of marvel and dc super heroes and such are used to this, and maybe like buying different sizes of their favorite characters. not me, I like consistency. you know, adding to something, not starting something over .

I'm curious to see what these look like.

If I was just looking for something else to collect...there's a TON of other cool action figures in TRU I could go in and grab up, but I'm not interested in them.

If I'm just looking to collect EVERY stinkin' thing that has a ARAH characters name slapped on it and called G.I.Joe...I suppose this stuff would interest me, but again, it doesn't and never has.

12" for my own nostalgia...and 3 3/4" for the largest amount of fricken toys I've EVER and MOSTLY collected in my adult life.

Just not into much else, in 8" 2 1/2" or micro sized!

I feel like this line is supposed to be a G.I. Joe version of Heroclix or Attactix. I'm up for a customizable tabletop G.I. Joe war game, but for ******'s sake why can't they do it with the 3.75 line?

Schmucks.

Is it a prerequisite for half the joe fans here to freak out about new stuff before we even see it? I mean, I understand a lot of us are upset about the plight of the 3 3/4 joe, but c'mon, before bashing it, at least wait til some pics surface. Then, if it sucks, bash away. I myself think these might be cool, esp w/ vehicles. If they're anything like minimates, we might have a winner on our hands.