OMG!! Loads of even newer X3 Pix (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Phoenix Will Rise

Based on the pics this film might be good.

Uhg, I was holding out hope for this, but the more I hear about it, the more I think I'm going to hate it. It just seems like the director is taking it away from what Singer established and trying to 'hip it up' for all the kool kids. Killing off characters that don't need to be killed, craming in every character possible without taking the time to do it right, and the costumes! The costumes remind me of Mortal Kombat 2 (the movie). Uhg. Juggernaught looks painfully bad....

(please don't suck X3)

The movie hasn't even been released yet and you base everything on just mere

pictures? Juggernaut looks aestically plausible and real, which shows that the new director understood what Singer was establishing in terms of looks. Making many young mutants also gives hope for any future X-Men related movies. Let us not forget that Singer gave alot of character cameos when he directed the first 2 X-Men films.

I'll reserve judgement until the film is released. I'm hoping that its more action packed than the previous installements but still manages to tell a good cohesive story too.

This is some boring ****! It's a Brett Ratner film and all I can think about is how f&&&ed up he's going to mess with the franchise. Though Brian Singer didn't do that good of a job either. I know, I know...DeGato, check out the money the two movies have made but...still, c'mooooooon. Kitty looks like s**t and Psylocke doesn't look anywhere near as the comic. I'm old school. Whatever.

I think Singer did a pretty good job with the franchise

although he at times wanted to make the series TO real

and it would have been nice had they try to make the uniforms

more unique and I believe he didn't utilize the heroes and villians

like he could have, but atleast he took the characters serious

Edited by azrael23

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally digging Vinnie Jones. He looks like a bloody juggernaut. His arms look like real muscle, but I'm thinking those abs look prosthetic...

Yeah I'm hopin they do something to fix that in post-production...it reminds me that old PE Video Tape guy who had the suit on that showed all the body parts.......like they're sayin "this is where his abs should be". why not just go the smarter route & cover over the abs?

Nice pics! Isnt psylocke supposed to be traditionally British though? being the sister of Captain Britain and everything...? She looks more oriental to me.

from wikipedia, to broaden everyones knowledge on the use of words (not a personal attack on anyone):

"Some people think the term "Oriental" is derogatory, largely because of its connection to imperial 19th century Europeans and Americans who are thought to have held a patronising attitude towards the region. Many of these people saw the East as backwards, while the West was seen as logical, rational and more modern. Furthermore, it is claimed that some courses in "Oriental studies" were riddled with inaccurate information that was used to justify colonization of these countries. Some Asian Americans see parallels between the word "oriental" and "nigger", though many see it as simply old-fashioned and functionless, as many African Americans see the word "Negro". The main criticism of the term is that it is overly vague, referring to a category of peoples with widely divergent cultural and ethnic backgrounds and no clear division between which groups belong to the term and which do not."

why does everybody have to be ugly?

I was wondering the same thing after I saw your picture.

BUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! @firedevil@

Anyways I think they do that on purpose. Make them look kinda dirty. They are supposed to be mutants that are looked down at by the world. If they were all supermodels and wearing tredny clothes it might not be as believable.

Nice pics! Isnt psylocke supposed to be traditionally British though? being the sister of Captain Britain and everything...? She looks more oriental to me.

from wikipedia, to broaden everyones knowledge on the use of words (not a personal attack on anyone):

"Some people think the term "Oriental" is derogatory, largely because of its connection to imperial 19th century Europeans and Americans who are thought to have held a patronising attitude towards the region. Many of these people saw the East as backwards, while the West was seen as logical, rational and more modern. Furthermore, it is claimed that some courses in "Oriental studies" were riddled with inaccurate information that was used to justify colonization of these countries. Some Asian Americans see parallels between the word "oriental" and "nigger", though many see it as simply old-fashioned and functionless, as many African Americans see the word "Negro". The main criticism of the term is that it is overly vague, referring to a category of peoples with widely divergent cultural and ethnic backgrounds and no clear division between which groups belong to the term and which do not."

I personally don't think that the term oriental was meant in a deregatory way. It was just saying she is either chinese/japanese/thai/laos or some other east asian race. It's like in Europe where alot of people are white. so they may just get lumped together as being European because it's too hard to determine the exact race. I don't think it's used as a negative term by most people. It's just easier than saying she's of east asian decent.

I don't understand why people see the need to be reffered to as Asian Americans or African Americans. Most of them were born in USA. I'm not an European American. Is it really so bad to be referred to as being black? I'm white and I don't care if I am called white. It's true, I'm white. My best friend growing up was black.

Hmmmm...wonder if I am opening a can of worms.......No harm was meant. Just making an observation.

I don't understand why people see the need to be reffered to as Asian Americans or African Americans. Most of them were born in USA. I'm not an European American. Is it really so bad to be referred to as being black? I'm white and I don't care if I am called white. It's true, I'm white. My best friend growing up was black.

Hmmmm...wonder if I am opening a can of worms.......No harm was meant. Just making an observation.

FYI, I agree w/ you 100% However, this thread is on the fast-track to bansville, lol...

my intent was not to be technically correct in what specific race or culture she was, rather to spread knowledge on the use of the word oriental. knowingly or unknowingly, it has an often offensive connotation surrounding it. asian is the more preferred clumping label. no need for this thread to be banned based on awareness of a particular word.

btw, i think all the ladies look pretty decent, exept for the 2 ladies pictured with psylocke in an earlier picture, they look hagrid.

Anyways I think they do that on purpose. Make them look kinda dirty. They are supposed to be mutants that are looked down at by the world. If they were all supermodels and wearing tredny clothes it might not be as believable.

I personally don't think that the term oriental was meant in a deregatory way. It was just saying she is either chinese/japanese/thai/laos or some other east asian race. It's like in Europe where alot of people are white. so they may just get lumped together as being European because it's too hard to determine the exact race. I don't think it's used as a negative term by most people. It's just easier than saying she's of east asian decent.

#WTF# I would of never thought that oriental was a bad word... @hmmm@

Disappointed...Psylocke is not nearly as hot as she should be...what the?!?! She is my favourite gal in the marvel universe!

And why...why must Juggernaut be so horrible....CG!!!!!!!!

I like Vinnie Jones..just not as Juggernaut...he is one of the biggest character in Marvel!!

I am Chinese and have no problem with being called an oriental. I am not into the whole "politically correct" thing..its been taken way too far!

Besides, Psylocke is known to most as "Japanese" anways

my intent was not to be technically correct in what specific race or culture she was, rather to spread knowledge on the use of the word oriental. knowingly or unknowingly, it has an often offensive connotation surrounding it. asian is the more preferred clumping label. no need for this thread to be banned based on awareness of a particular word.

btw, i think all the ladies look pretty decent, exept for the 2 ladies pictured with psylocke in an earlier picture, they look hagrid.

From what I've read, these days, Asian is the term used when referring to "people", whereas Oriental is for "things" (IE oriental rugs). That's the easiest distinction and, not to mention safe, guideline I go by.

Anyway, if you think these chicks look ugly, then you guys must have high standards; or maybe mine are just low. Hehe... :D

Halle Berry is a stunner, but she can't act. But I'm sure everyone wants, including the production staff, beautiful people who can act and are cheap to cast for the movie. So I guess beautiful, talented, and cheap actors are too much to ask for. That's something we're all gonna have to live with.

Edited by 8speed

Whoa wait a minute here, you're using Wikipedia to broaden everyones horizons ?

Please, at least use a more credible source.

American Heritage Dictionary

perhaps, i can also reference myself. as a college graduate, i have taken numerous asian studies courses in which the professors, textbooks, and scholoarly journals have agreed, oriental should be limited in its use to inantimate objects and not a people or place. if it were correct to use the orient to refer to asian countries, europe should be designated as the occident. orient translates to eastern lands and occident refers to western lands. in ancient times, europeans believed europe to be the center of the world, thus they used eurocentric terminology to describe the lands that surrounded them.

i never did like how rouge was casted. seems like she should be a lil fuller and a lil more southern.

the tattoos on angel also seem a little out of place. the name angel represents purity. the tats contradict the name.

#WTF# I would of never thought that oriental was a bad word... @hmmm@

I work w/ someone who's part Korean, and it'll set her off to mention the word Oriental, even jokingly, instead of Asian. I think it's partly b/c so many people call in asking to speak with "that oriental woman" , and also b/c it is the wrong term, actually. Usually her response is "rugs are oriental. people are asian."

Info on the X3 Posters:

Take a Stand, Not a Poster!

Posted Friday February 24th, 2006

20th Century Fox informs us that the recent outdoor artwork for the Take a Stand campaign is being stolen at an alarming rate! The posters featuring Wolverine, Phoenix, Storm, Rogue, Angel and Beast debuted when copies were handed out at Wondercon recently; copies have subsequently been sold on eBay for hundreds of dollars each.

Since then, the X-Men art has been spotted on billboards and at bus shelters. Fans are so eager to take a Stand home with them from the bus shelters that Fox has had to supply additional posters to their outdoor advertising companies as replacements!