harrison ford...........

KENNY GUIDO

Let's suppose Harrison Ford's car breaks down in front of your house and he asks to use your phone. While waiting for a tow truck, you take the opportunity to show him your Star Wars collection and he immediately labels you nuts. There's no audience watching in this scenario. Would you be offended or assume he was joking?

It's not surprising that some actors don't understand the appeal of toy collecting as a hobby but they can express disinterest without being rude. Even if I was as rich as Harrison Ford, I wouldn't spend my money on owning planes. Everyone has different priorities. If a fan can afford literally thousands of Star Wars items, how is he insane for spending money on what he likes?

OmegaHarbinger

You're generalizing too much, its not just "actors" that don't understand it but lots of different people, heck I'm sure there are some actors out there who collect as well :P Allso, It would depend on just HOW he said it, which by the way you don't even know, as you have said you didn't even see it :P He coulda just said it ina jokingly way or who knows...

Yeah, that's very true. I was just trying to say that I don't expect all Star Wars actors to understand why so many Star Wars fans collect toys. They can think of it as childish but saying so in public would negatively affect my perception of them. It is possible to express lack of interest without being rude after all.

Anyways, this whole situation turned out quite differently from how it originally sounded. Based on all the interviews I've seen featuring Harison Ford, he's not much of a joker though. For instance, he made an attempt at some gay humor on Late Night With Conan O'Brien but the crowd barely laughed since his tone of voice was completely serious.

OmegaHarbinger

"can;t we all just.....get along?"

Yeah, that's very true. I was just trying to say that I don't expect all Star Wars actors to understand why so many Star Wars fans collect toys. They can think of it as childish but saying so in public would negatively affect my perception of them. It is possible to express lack of interest without being rude after all.

Anyways, this whole situation turned out quite differently from how it originally sounded. Based on all the interviews I've seen featuring Harison Ford, he's not much of a joker though. For instance, he made an attempt at some gay humor on Late Night With Conan O'Brien but the crowd barely laughed since his tone of voice was completely serious.

OmegaHarbinger

"can;t we all just.....get along?"

That reply would have been far better suited to MysterioMenace's post than mine. Some people have the attitude that their favorite celebrity can do no wrong which I find absurd. I never said that Harrison Ford is obliged to spend his whole life providing people with free autographs but labelling a guy who paid money to meet you "nuts" is a sign of a real jerk. However, Harrison didn't say that so it's a moot point.

OmegaHarbinger

I wanted to see if he'd be interested in it if, by any chance, Lucas does get around to doing it. Hey, you never know! Besides, Mark Hamil said he would be up for it.

That's because Mark Hamill hasn't had any REAL acting career in front of the camera since 1983...of course he'd be up for reprising his signature role of Luke Skywalker! The only really "big" thing he can boast is that he did the voice of the Joker on the various 90s Batman animated series and a guest appearance in one episode of Pam Anderson's now-defunct VIP TV series. Beyond that...nada.

Harrison Ford on the other hand literally has dozens of scripts thrown at him every year...

I wanted to see if he'd be interested in it if, by any chance, Lucas does get around to doing it. Hey, you never know! Besides, Mark Hamil said he would be up for it.

That's because Mark Hamill hasn't had any REAL acting career in front of the camera since 1983...of course he'd be up for reprising his signature role of Luke Skywalker! The only really "big" thing he can boast is that he did the voice of the Joker on the various 90s Batman animated series and a guest appearance in one episode of Pam Anderson's now-defunct VIP TV series. Beyond that...nada.

Harrison Ford on the other hand literally has dozens of scripts thrown at him every year...

dont forget "JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKES BACK!"

Im sure Harrison wouldnt mind reprising the role of Han Solo if Lucas begged, um...er...I mean "asked"!

I could see callin someone nuts for hauling a duffle bag full of stuff to get signed to a tv taping, when there's no mention of an autograph session, not to mention it being stuff to be sold for a profit, not for a personal collection.

I think there's a big difference between a fan calling another fan nuts and an actor doing the same thing. Celebrities should show a little gratitude towards the people who supported their career. Regardless of the guy's motives, I'm guessing he paid some money to attend the interview in this situation which would have made an unprovoked insult even more out of line.

OmegaHarbinger

I could see callin someone nuts for hauling a duffle bag full of stuff to get signed to a tv taping, when there's no mention of an autograph session, not to mention it being stuff to be sold for a profit, not for a personal collection.

I think there's a big difference between a fan calling another fan nuts and an actor doing the same thing. Celebrities should show a little gratitude towards the people who supported their career. Regardless of the guy's motives, I'm guessing he paid some money to attend the interview in this situation which would have made an unprovoked insult even more out of line.

OmegaHarbinger

thats the whole thing: there wasnt supposed to be an autograph session. The guy decided on his own, to take peoples money by presenting offers on autographed goods in which he had no way in knowing that Harrison would not sign. But he should have known better. The guy came from out of state (I believe 200 miles away) just for the sole purpose of getting them signed and making money off of autograph hounds.

Wow he was PAINfully nervous there. You would never have guessed he was a multimillion dollar blockbuster actor. Which is kinda why he rocks so hard. Wtf was up with him grabbing Conan and conan yelling no, it was like so out of nowhere it was insane.

Thanks for the video wheeljack35.