harrison ford...........

KENNY GUIDO

What was this?

I'm wondering that my self :)

I saw a thing on ET about him last night ( stupid show but it comes on right after the news :P ) & it had him, and they asked him how he handles life as a star and he said " the trick I use is simple, I put on a good smile, & shutup"

@loll@

Who went to what?

I think Kenny is talking about Harrison Ford's appearance on last night's episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. He actually asked Harrison about the Star Wars Holiday Special and showed a clip featuring Han Solo & Chewbacca. I'd like to know more about the cicumstances behind the signature collector guy being laughed at though. Did Harrison really label him as nuts? If so, my respect for him just plummeted.

OmegaHarbinger

He actually ask him about the holiday special?

And showed him the clip?

Letterman was cool for doing this

Yeah. Conan asked whether the rumors are true that George Lucas is trying to deny the existance of the Star Wars Holiday Special and Harrison Ford played along by pretending there's no such thing. Afterwards, they showed the clip which Harrison claimed to have never seen before. He acted a little embarassed and Conan quickly moved on to another topic.

OmegaHarbinger

lol... am I the only one, or does Harrison Ford always seem real shy and nervous when doing interviews?

some guy came from out of state with over 25 pre-ordered for signatured items (mostly toys) and he got laughed at and told he was "nuts!"

By you I'm guessing, or other people that were there?

was the guy a rabid fan or just a fan cause there are quite a lot of nutty starwars guys out there :P

& if he did wow, I can so see him getting sued over it :D

Edited by synch

lol... am I the only one, or does Harrison Ford always seem real shy and nervous when doing interviews?

At one moment, Harrison Ford described himself as shy in this interview which I found interesting. Nervous is another very accurate word for him. While talking to Conan, Harrison was fidgeting a lot with the chair . I was fully expecting Conan to poke fun at this behavior but I guess he resisted the temptation because Harrison Ford is a huge star and he doesn't want to risk getting on his bad side.

OmegaHarbinger

I wish I would have seen this... I love the Conan O'Brien show and Harrison's great!

As for the "nuts" comment, he was probably joking around, nothing to get upset about. Let's face it, some SW fans really are nuts, and sometimes in a bad way...

Harrison Ford did a special interview at the AMC Theater in NYC last night. I was there and were able to screen his upcoming film "FIREWALL". It's a thriller in which Harrison is a huge bank executive in which he designed a special banking program. Some hackers kidnap his family and Harrison was told to embezzle money into thier accounts or else his family dies. I dont want to let the rest of the plot out. It was a good movie but he even says "its not a blockbuster".

Joel Siegal asked the questions and we (the audience) were told that we could not take pictures of any sorts. We were asked questions to ask Harrison and one guy behind me asked about INDIANA JONES 4 and Harrison said the script was in the works. i then asked if he had anything to say about STAR WARS 7, 8, & 9 and of course, there was no reply. He went on and spoke about how he was always "the second guy" when it came to main roles (han solo, indiana jones, the sisco kid).

He spoke about 3 other movies that he is currently working on right now. It was a great evening and I would only hope he does it again.

I wish I would have seen this... I love the Conan O'Brien show and Harrison's great!

As for the "nuts" comment, he was probably joking around, nothing to get upset about. Let's face it, some SW fans really are nuts, and sometimes in a bad way...

well, I wouldnt call this guy a fan. he posted up on a website that he was going to take pre-orders for autographed items. he charged $125 and he bought a dufflebag full of items (moslty star wars toys) to get autographed. needless to say, there was no autograph session.

Harrison Ford did a special interview at the AMC Theater in NYC last night. I was there and were able to screen his upcoming film "FIREWALL". It's a thriller in which Harrison is a huge bank executive in which he designed a special banking program. Some hackers kidnap his family and Harrison was told to embezzle money into thier accounts or else his family dies. I dont want to let the rest of the plot out. It was a good movie but he even says "its not a blockbuster".

Joel Siegal asked the questions and we (the audience) were told that we could not take pictures of any sorts. We were asked questions to ask Harrison and one guy behind me asked about INDIANA JONES 4 and Harrison said the script was in the works. i then asked if he had anything to say about STAR WARS 7, 8, & 9 and of course, there was no reply. He went on and spoke about how he was always "the second guy" when it came to main roles (han solo, indiana jones, the sisco kid).

He spoke about 3 other movies that he is currently working on right now. It was a great evening and I would only hope he does it again.

Joel Seigal was hosting this?

Why did you ask him about 7,8 and9?

There isn't going to be any more

Let's suppose Harrison Ford's car breaks down in front of your house and he asks to use your phone. While waiting for a tow truck, you take the opportunity to show him your Star Wars collection and he immediately labels you nuts. There's no audience watching in this scenario. Would you be offended or assume he was joking?

It's not surprising that some actors don't understand the appeal of toy collecting as a hobby but they can express disinterest without being rude. Even if I was as rich as Harrison Ford, I wouldn't spend my money on owning planes. Everyone has different priorities. If a fan can afford literally thousands of Star Wars items, how is he insane for spending money on what he likes?

OmegaHarbinger

Joel Seigal was hosting this?

Why did you ask him about 7,8 and9?

There isn't going to be any more

I wanted to see if he'd be interested in it if, by any chance, Lucas does get around to doing it. Hey, you never know! Besides, Mark Hamil said he would be up for it.

Who went to what?

I think Kenny is talking about Harrison Ford's appearance on last night's episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. He actually asked Harrison about the Star Wars Holiday Special and showed a clip featuring Han Solo & Chewbacca. I'd like to know more about the cicumstances behind the signature collector guy being laughed at though. Did Harrison really label him as nuts? If so, my respect for him just plummeted.

OmegaHarbinger

How ISN'T that nuts? There is more to life then simply getting things signed for money. Wouldn't you rather meet him then get money from him? I know I would, sorry if your tyo greedy to understand me.

At one moment, Harrison Ford described himself as shy in this interview which I found interesting. Nervous is another very accurate word for him. While talking to Conan, Harrison was fidgeting a lot with the chair . I was fully expecting Conan to poke fun at this behavior but I guess he resisted the temptation because Harrison Ford is a huge star and he doesn't want to risk getting on his bad side.

OmegaHarbinger

You literally cannot understand why he doesn't want praise? He's modest, the man is a hollywood icon and not even for SW. Indy is what sent him to his fame more so then anything SW did. If you acted in movies, you liked space, how would you feel when you have mob's of people coming at you? I know I would be freaked out, especially if there were dressed AS character i've played. Now I'm sorry, if your so much of a dork to not understand this, then man...get a life.

Who went to what?

OmegaHarbinger

How ISN'T that nuts? There is more to life then simply getting things signed for money. Wouldn't you rather meet him then get money from him? I know I would, sorry if your tyo greedy to understand me.

OmegaHarbinger

You literally cannot understand why he doesn't want praise? He's modest, the man is a hollywood icon and not even for SW. Indy is what sent him to his fame more so then anything SW did. If you acted in movies, you liked space, how would you feel when you have mob's of people coming at you? I know I would be freaked out, especially if there were dressed AS character i've played. Now I'm sorry, if your so much of a dork to not understand this, then man...get a life.

Although I understand (and agree... sort of) with your points, there's absolutely no need to make personal attacks. I don't want to act like a moderator, but keep the personal comments to yourself.

Who went to what?

OmegaHarbinger

OmegaHarbinger

First of all, you seem to have trouble following the fundamental chronology of this thread. When I wrote that message, Kenny hadn't provided any detailed information on who the signature collector was. As far as I knew, an avid Star Wars fan with plenty of memorabilia wanted his stuff signed and Harrison labelled him nuts for buying the stuff.

I personally don't consider autographs very special so I wouldn't pay any money for one. Regardless, the word to describe this person is greedy not nuts. Now that I have a better understanding of the situation, I haven't lost any respect for Harrison Ford. If Kenny had been less vague, I wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.

I have no idea what you're ranting about in the second paragraph. I wasn't talking about Harrison Ford not deserving praise anywhere. I was pointing out that Harrison was basically twitching during the Late Night interview yet Conan O'Brien didn't poke any fun at him. A comedian like Conan doesn't ordinarily let that kind of opportunity slide. Obviously, the bigger the celebrity, the more cautious a host will be with their humor.

I have no need to get a life but you clearly have a serious need to get a grip. I wasn't attacking Harrison in any way so I don't see what you're so upset about. Why are you even talking about Harrison's thoughts on Star Wars fans who dress as characters when that has no connection to what I was talking about?

OmegaHarbinger

Let's not let this degrade into personal attacks, ok?

By the way, Conan eps are usually replayed a week later, in the 'overnight' time slot; although, with the Olympics, I'm not sure how the schedule might play out. @hmmm@

As bad as the special is, I was actually glad to see a few seconds of it.

Edited by Bespin refugee

By the way, Conan eps are usually replayed a week later, in the 'overnight' time slot; although, with the Olympics, I'm not sure how the schedule might play out. @hmmm@

I think it's abundantly clear that MysterioMenace began the personal attacks and since his reply was mostly incoherent anyways, I was perfectly entitled to say his comments have little if any relevance to what I was talking about. I'm getting awfully tired seeing MysterioMenace constantly dictate what's important in life and when someone has gone "nuts" with toy collecting at this forum.

Unless MysterioMenace has a source verifying that Harrison Ford is freaked out (in those *exact* words) by Star Wars fans who dress as Han Solo, he shouldn't shove those words down the man's throat. If a person wants to avoid being approached by mobs of people, then taking roles as the protagonist in numerous action movies is easily the worst way of accomplishing that goal.

OmegaHarbinger

Let's suppose Harrison Ford's car breaks down in front of your house and he asks to use your phone. While waiting for a tow truck, you take the opportunity to show him your Star Wars collection and he immediately labels you nuts. There's no audience watching in this scenario. Would you be offended or assume he was joking?

It's not surprising that some actors don't understand the appeal of toy collecting as a hobby but they can express disinterest without being rude. Even if I was as rich as Harrison Ford, I wouldn't spend my money on owning planes. Everyone has different priorities. If a fan can afford literally thousands of Star Wars items, how is he insane for spending money on what he likes?

OmegaHarbinger

You're generalizing too much, its not just "actors" that don't understand it but lots of different people, heck I'm sure there are some actors out there who collect as well :P Allso, It would depend on just HOW he said it, which by the way you don't even know, as you have said you didn't even see it :P He coulda just said it ina jokingly way or who knows...

But ... but... butt.... there insulting HF!!!! @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

OmegaHarbinger

You're generalizing too much, its not just "actors" that don't understand it but lots of different people, heck I'm sure there are some actors out there who collect as well :P Allso, It would depend on just HOW he said it, which by the way you don't even know, as you have said you didn't even see it :P He coulda just said it ina jokingly way or who knows...

Yeah, that's very true. I was just trying to say that I don't expect all Star Wars actors to understand why so many Star Wars fans collect toys. They can think of it as childish but saying so in public would negatively affect my perception of them. It is possible to express lack of interest without being rude after all.

Anyways, this whole situation turned out quite differently from how it originally sounded. Based on all the interviews I've seen featuring Harison Ford, he's not much of a joker though. For instance, he made an attempt at some gay humor on Late Night With Conan O'Brien but the crowd barely laughed since his tone of voice was completely serious.

OmegaHarbinger