Is there an unwritten rule?

Future00

This topic may have been covered already but I can't locate it!

I was told by a KB employee yesterday that they had a shipment come in but to come this morning because she did not know what ML series they were getting. So I took a break from work to go the the store 5 min before opening and I see the local comic/toy store owner and another collector waiting ahead of me.

When this happens, are you suppose to let them go first since they were waiting longer or do you just out-walk them to the figures. I knew for a fact the store owner was going straight to the MLs. However I just let him go. When I walked up next to him, I noticed the only new MS series put up was series 3 (only saw Wolverine and movie Daredevil). So I wasn't too bummed since I already have all of them. But what if it was a case of ML 12 variants? Then he would have snagged all of it! And I would have been left with nothing.

What do you do?

I say if you made the effort to show up before opening, and you really want the figures, then turn on the after burners and beat them to it. I've been to TRU at opening twice. The first time I had to out-speed the other 10 folks who were waiting. The reward was a full set of ML10 when they first hit CA. The second time, two very wide fellas clogged the path I usually take and they were rewarded with Scarlett Witches. Bottom line, its a dog-eat-dog toy collecting world. I dont like the feeling of being beat to new product, so I try to get my figures online if i could. Just my opinion.

Eff that, its every man for themselves. If you were there before those 2 clowns, do you think they would've thought like you? Hell no. They woulda rushed in there and be like, "You snooze, you lose".

For me it depends on who it is I'm competing with. I've actually offered to split a variant case when I got there first and I knew the second guy was a fellow non-scalping collector. If it's hotwheels guys or comic shop owners or anyone else you know is going straight to e-bay? F*ck 'em. Knock the toys out of their hands if you have to.

at my local kaybees, there is a young lady with slender measurements. i ask her when shipments are comin like i usually do, but when the stock is not what i want- i say who cares? i'd rather talk to the young lady about hows it going.....

what arrives arrives. life is too short.

couple.jpg

I have taken toys from little kids in the toy section before, so just imagine how I treat scalpers...

No offense, but when I worked at TRU years ago, I despise people like you. I've seen jerks snatch a figure out of a kids hands, hit the toy out of the hands just to scoop it up for themselve to bartering a kid with something else that was "cooler" just to get what they want. Its just low IMO. @grumpy@

If you want to beat a scalper or other collector to the goods, fine. Lord knows I do it too. But to blatantly take a toy away from some kid after they have been excited that they are going to get that cool action figure is just plain low and disrespectful.

I have taken toys from little kids in the toy section before, so just imagine how I treat scalpers...

No offense, but when I worked at TRU years ago, I despise people like you. I've seen jerks snatch a figure out of a kids hands, hit the toy out of the hands just to scoop it up for themselve to bartering a kid with something else that was "cooler" just to get what they want. Its just low IMO. @grumpy@

If you want to beat a scalper or other collector to the goods, fine. Lord knows I do it too. But to blatantly take a toy away from some kid after they have been excited that they are going to get that cool action figure is just plain low and disrespectful.

Well, I was wondering if anyone was going to bite on that comment...congrats, you were the only one who fell for it. How embarassing...@dunce@

Thanks for the tips. I have a relative that works at a Target in Newpark Mall and she always tells me how pathetic it is that every morning when they open, about 7-10 guys dash to the toy aisle to grab all the collectible figs.

Well, I was wondering if anyone was going to bite on that comment...congrats, you were the only one who fell for it. How embarassing...@dunce@

Explain to me how is that "embarassing"? Did you have some hidden agenda behind your post? You posted a comment (whether it was false or true) and I replied. How did I embarrass myself. Its not like I flamed you or anything or threw a b!tch fit. I despise jerks who do that to kids and I was just expressing it.

Whether you do that and now trying to hide behind it cause most people will look down on it, is the question. If you do it, then "more power to you". Your a die hard collector. If you don't do it and was being sarcastic, then no harm done.

Its hard to determine a strangers actions over writing unless you know that person personally.

I actually belived you did take em from kids.. @hmmm@

i think i know who ure talking about, if i were you id go in before them all. was it at southland? you should have told i would have gone on my break and blocked them for you so you could get what you wanted first.

I will NEVER run in the store to get to toys before somebody else.. I think that is just stupid.

if somebody is there at the same time, just try to walk right next to them.. if they run, I just watch.. and then I laugh at them when they get there and there is nothing new. If they run and they get stuff.. oh well.. I aint running... how embarassing.

if it is somebody cool... offer to split the variants if there are any.

it is pretty rare that somebody will be there at the same time as you and manage to go through all the figures before you get to go through any.. so usually one person will not get all the rare figures.

I've seen fools run to the toy aisle and it does look silly! It's the only time you'll ever see an overweight 40 year old win a 100 yard dash! hehehe. Question for the SouthBayers, they still got that KB store at Newpark mall? I haven't been there in 10 years. I remember they had tons of those marvel figures for sale. I think it was 3 for 10 bucks. I also remember that RedRobins restaurant, hella hot girls worked there back then!

I don't have scalpers in my country, because we don't have that much toys to collect :P , but I would have kicked his a$$ :P . But since I'm the only scalper in the area, I don't know.

J/k.

JOhnny

Yup! KB at Newpark has been gone for a couple of years now. Just like the hot girls at Red Robins.

i used to work there it closed last year

was the store owner and old white guy? Lennie? he owns comic ink like a couple of blocks down from the mall. I know him he always hooks me up with stuff since i get him customers and toys.

Edited by jjlecaros

First off do not talk to them and never ever tell them you are there for MLs. Even if you feel it makes you look dumb...just run to the MLs if the others are walking briskly. The scalpers have waited many times for the stores to open and they know what to do...you just have to show them you are willing to make them really work for it.