FINALLY!

DSmith

Wow. I have been walking from 34th street to Times Square and back every day on my lunch break looking for ML12 at Times Square's Toys R Us. And nothing. Not a hint. An overabundance of Vengeance, Logan, and Origin Thing. Plus all the ML10 figures.

On Wednesday... things changed! FINALLY!

I go in, and still... Vengeance. Logan. Origin Thing. UGH. A whole freaking new wall of ML10. UGH. Then I wander over to the display by the T-Rex, and all the same figures still. But a new sign. "Figures from the Apocalypse Series limited to one (1) of each character per guest (including variants)." I've missed that sign. But where were the figures. Asked a very nice salesgirl... she said they were sold out but would get more tomorrow (Thursday). But I did find some Fantastic Four Classics in the bargain bin with the FF movie figures. No Super Skrull, but I picked up the Human Torch to get the Impossible Man.

From there, called Forbidden Planet on 14th street (yeah, so what if I have their number in my cell phone?!) and they said they had all the ML12 figures. EXCELLENT! I asked them to hold one of each, but they said they don't hold ML figures, but they got enough that if I came in that day I'd be able to get them all.

Jetted down to Union Square and picked up one of each. Their X-23 was the purple one and I saw no variants. Not sure where Forbidden Planet got their shipment from, so I don't know whether purple of black versions of X-23 will be the abundant ones here. Isn't the hair different on the black version? More "down" like the prototype, while the purple one is flowing back a bit?

Lugged all my figures home in something just about as big as a trash bag, and tore into them when I got home. I still don't really care for Maestro. The rest are pretty cool, and I even like X-23 enough to display her. But things ARE getting a bit crowded in my room now. It's great that we've amassed SUCH a great Marvel universe out of this toy line!

its been out for a week dude.

forbidens had them for about a week and a half.

they are a uk based store, so they get them from there.

you shouldve checked kmart a few blocks down.

oh and toy tokyo on saint marks place. oh and saint marks comics.

they had them too. we should team up and find some varients man.

Yeah, I hear you on the wacky Toy Biz distribution. I live in Illinois, and they seemed (from the fwoosh sightings thread) that they hit around this area first. I got mine at the end of November.

Yeah, Forbidden Planet done been had them. Gotta be careful tho. I don't recall their Maestro having a cable. So call Toybiz if you are missing that cable for Apocalypse.

I still gotta do that...dam TB.