I called Toy Biz

Lady Jaye

Edit to be more clearer

First off I know this is "old news" but so far that I know or have read, we have not gotten word from Toy Biz about what occured a month ago. With that said, here is what news I got, old or not!

I called and talked to a rep today, and she told me that they have the license until 2007, then it goes to Hasbro. I also asked her if Toy Biz would still be designing, she said latest word was that no, Hasbro would handle everything!

Should I take this with a grain of salt, or does this mean a complete revamp of figures, including new sculpts of previously released figures??? @grumpy@ What to do, what to do???

This is now old news.

Its been anounced for a few weeks now. No-one knows WHAT it means at this point and EVERYTHING said about it has been idle speculation.

Wait and see is the order of the day with this.

I'm not going to worry about it until anything definitive happens. We still have a few more waves before anything changes, and stores around here are already 2-3 waves behind.

It would be a shame to drastically change the series, as it seems to be very popular and a great seller. I do not think I would continue to collect if the scale/articulation was changed for the worse.

Nothing is changing but the fact that Hasbro will be using their factories to make the things, not Toy Biz International. Toy Biz in the US will still design the figs. That is what I have heard anyway.

Draven

This is now old newss

What are you the news police!! I know it's "old news" but this Even so everyone has been saying that Toy Biz would continue to design the line, but Hasbro would produce it. At least that was the last word. So when I asked if Hasbro was going to be doing the designs as well, she said yes!! @grumpy@

This is now old newss

What are you the news police!! I know it's "old news" but this Even so everyone has been saying that Toy Biz would continue to design the line, but Hasbro would produce it. At least that was the last word. So when I asked if Hasbro was going to be doing the designs as well, she said yes!! @grumpy@

Have you considered the "rep" might be misinformed? That's happened...............oh what............dozens of times before?

The deal was just inked a month ago--not everyone at every level is going to know what's going on.

I talked to a rep and she told me that they have the license until 2007, then it goes to Habro. Should I take this with a grain of salt, or does this mean a complete revamp of figures, including new sculpts of previously released figures??? @grumpy@ What to do, what to do???

@poke2@

You feelin' okay there? Almost a month ago, you heard and responded to this in the thread "Marvel Goes to Hasbro in 2007"...

This is the biggest news of the millenium for Marvel Legends fans!!! I'm still in awe!!

I don't care who makes them as long as they continue producing the figures and waves in the same manner!! I don't want to begin to see characters re-released in the same costumes!! @hmmm@ I don't want to see figures change scale!!! I don't want a revamp!! I want the continued plans for the line for the upcoming year!!

If any of this happens I'm ebaying all my figures!!! @grumpy@

I don't know about you, but the track record of the customer service line at ANY toy company isn't good enough for me to take thier word on anything. Best to just wait for the actual news with the rest of us instead of adding more gasoline to a fire that may have been lit for no real reason in the first place.

Well like I said, this was more info on the same situation! If it's old news or you don't care about it, no biggie!

LOL. Post ancient news and then get pissed when people call you on it.

Actually noob, not getting pissy about being called out on the fact that it was old news, but that it was a different type of confirmation that I just got and everyone is Oh this is old news! Where have you been?

I've been complaining about the deal since day one, I just hadn't read about what Toy Biz has said, and even if it is just a rep, it's still info to me!!

Well like I said, this was more info on the same situation! If it's old news or you don't care about it, no biggie!

But the thing is, you DIDN'T post more info. You posted the same old info from the same old source we've been getting conflicting stories from for the past month.

Everyone has been confused on exactly what this means from the moment it was announced. There has been no official word to straighten things out, and customer support is simply not a reliable source. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

LOL. Post ancient news and then get pissed when people call you on it.

Actually noob, not getting pissy about being called out on the fact that it was old news, but that it was a different type of confirmation that I just got and everyone is Oh this is old news! Where have you been?

I've been complaining about the deal since day one, I just hadn't read about what Toy Biz has said, and even if it is just a rep, it's still info to me!!

Yep, only 200 posts under my belt so I'm still a noob. Someday I hope to attain your level of posting old news and then getting mad when other's point it out. For your next post, can you tell us who is playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday?

And, even IF Hasbro was doing the designing, that doesn't mean that anything would change in the line. That doesn't automatically equal out to different scale, different style, or anything else.

It still adds nothing to the information at all.

Actually LJ,

The ToyBiz you called is actually the ToyBiz/Marvel Toys office that's part of Marvel, so I guess technically, yes they still have the license 'til 2007, but it's not the same thing that it's not the same way it's been since the beginning. ToyBiz World Wide (the company that actualy MANUFACTURES the figures) has already lost the license to manufacture the figures. In the "Press Release BONANZA" a few weeks back, one of them was actually from Marvel stating that they CANCELLED the ToyBiz World Wide license that was to go until 2007 and would be handling manufacturing the toys themselves throught the domestic ToyBiz/Marvel Toys unit of Marvel so that they could make the transition to Hasbro easier. ToyBiz World Wide WILL NOT be manufacturing product this year but TB/Marvel Toys will be using independent factories (I'm betting they are actually USING HASBRO as contract labor so that they can get an early start) so they have more control and don't run into problems come Jan. 2007 when Hasbro "officially" starts making the figures. Again, you won't have to worry about ML continuing unless MARVEL wants to cancel it. MARVEL is still the boss and controls all creative aspects of all their toys. If they've licensed Hasbro to make the toys, that doesn't mean Hasbro has a blank check to make whatever they want. Licensing doesn't work that way. The license is granted to the company that can best EXECUTE what MARVEL WANTS. In return, they make money and get what to use an established brand on things Marvel doesn't have any vested interest in (board games, costumes, role play, ancillary products) but all still has to be approved by Marvel. This is where Jesse will come in. Just like Avi Arad makes all the decisions and approval for Movies, Jesse will continue to make all the calls on all the toys, and especially all the action figures. He knows what we want, knows what sells and now he has even BETTER facilities to bring his dreams to life. Don't worry about it because what has REALLY happened is a big KID who has the best job in the world just got a much BIGGER & BETTER sandbox to play with and he's about to make a freakin' MONSTER SAND CASTLE!!!!

Don't worry about it because what has REALLY happened is a big KID who has the best job in the world just got a much BIGGER & BETTER sandbox to play with and he's about to make a freakin' MONSTER SAND CASTLE!!!!

...so that ML-scale Baxter Building I've been dreaming about may still become a reality? ;)

Nothing is changing but the fact that Hasbro will be using their factories to make the things, not Toy Biz International. Toy Biz in the US will still design the figs. That is what I have heard anyway.

Draven

that's just not true hasbro will operate everything.some people just want to hold on to toybiz.

Yeah its been announced for a while...

I guess this means Hasbro has the rights to start from Wave 1 again! :) Yippee!

marvel legends will not continue, if it does continue the name will change as well as the scale of the figures.

you think anybody trusts what you say? @loll@

Guest DavAnthony

well if Toy Biz designs and articulates I'll stay in, But I still doubt that will happen. So once Hasbro begins to f things up with their antiquated approach to action figures I'll be giving my money to DC

Really too bad that Toy Biz is gone. They have been a revolutionary company over these last few years. A company that other companies have looked to in making their figures -thing SOTA's street fighter, Hasbro Sigma Six line, and Mattel's DC comics line. Toy Biz proved you could have great articulation, great sculpting, revolutionary ideas and great paint ops at an affordable price. Hasbro is pretty much the antithesis of all of these things.

marvel legends will not continue, if it does continue the name will change as well as the scale of the figures.

you think anybody trusts what you say? @loll@

look at the front page. by the way good one clam i set myself up for that one @loll@ .

Guess my fears have been confirmed. The only reason I say fears, is that I know we'll get a revamp!! No way Hasbro would miss out on losing sales from characters that have already been done!! Again this is just what I think will happen!