star wars in new york?????????

KENNY GUIDO

Meet Jabba the nut

Driver hit for 'Star Wars' fight club on school bus

By MAUREEN SEABERG and TONY SCLAFANI

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

School bus driver Michael Cianci allegedly used 'Star Wars' characters such as Jabba the Hutt (below) in sicko fight club.

A 38-year-old bald "Star Wars" geek who called himself The Emperor formed a fight club on his Staten Island school bus - encouraging kids to descend into the dark side and beat their classmates, authorities said yesterday.

News of the mini Death Star on wheels, where middle school students were pummeled and their clothing was cut with scissors - instead of lightsabers - outraged parents.

"I put him on the bus in the morning and I'd like to know he's safe. It's disturbing," said the mother of an 11-year-old boy who was one of the Tottenville Intermediate School students to come forward and reveal the sick game.

"He was always worried he was going to get in a headlock or get pushed," the mom added. "He was a target. I'm appalled because I think I'm putting him in a safe place."

Bus driver Michael Cianci created The Death Cheese Club to keep order and gave the toughest of the middle school kids nicknames like Darth, Sith Warrior and Jabba, law enforcement sources said.

The stocky married father of two, who lives with his mother in Parlin, N.J., even posted bizarre rules in the yellow bus titled "Death Cheese Laws," which were read aloud each day, the sources said.

"The penalty for breaking this code is banishment," the laws proclaimed above the signature of "Lord Matt" - apparently The Emperor's second in command.

"In a ranking of Master or above, the penalty is death or severe beating . . . \[Heresy\] will not be tolerated."

The wanna-be storm troopers pounded on weaker kids, dished out noogies and even cut up one another's clothing with scissors.

All the while, Cianci quietly sat up front as though he had the kids in a sick Jedi mind trick, sources said.

"It makes me feel scared to ever take a bus," said eighth-grader Bianca Burrafato, 14.

From Nov. 1 to Jan. 17, police said, Cianci ruled over the Death Cheese, presumably named after the bus' yellow color, by allowing at least nine students to menace younger kids.

"He set up this club and crowned himself the emperor," a law enforcement source said. "He set up a pecking order for students based on fighting ability and wrestling ability."

On one horrible ride home, an 11-year-old boy was choked while other students cut up his jacket, police said.

The tormented boy, whose name is being withheld by the Daily News, asked Cianci for help, but the driver never reported the attack, sources said.

The boy later told his parents, who notified school administrators and police on Jan. 26. Another 11-year-old boy also came forward after his mom heard him discussing the "twisted game."

"We expect them as parents, as teachers and as community members to be safe," the mom said. "They were in an unsafe situation."

When cops found the rules on the bus and grilled Cianci, he admitted he knew about the roughhousing but insisted he didn't organize it, a police source said.

"I am outraged that this defendant would abuse his custodial authority," said Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan. "These students should not have been subject to some twisted game at the alleged whim of this driver."

At a brief court appearance, Cianci, sporting a goatee and a Yankees shirt, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. He pleaded not guilty and posted $500 bail before leaving with his wife and brother-in-law.

His attorney vowed to fight the charges, which carry up to a year in jail. Cianci's 59-year-old mother also defended him.

"I know my son. He's a family man and he's a working slob, your basic average worker," she said. "He loves children and he would never let anyone hurt anyone on the bus.

School officials said Cianci, a Pioneer Transportation Co. driver who earns nearly $1,000 a week, has been suspended without pay.

The mother of the boy whose jacket was cut up said she even gave Cianci a Christmas tip because she was unaware of the violence. She had a warning for all bus drivers: "You're not there to be popular. . . . You're supposed to get them from point A to point B in a safe manner."

With Christina Boyle and Kathleen Lucadamo

hes gonna be in deep! with all the child safty troubles and deaths of abused kids we been having this months hes gonna probly get more of a punishment then he would have normally gotten

the thing that bugs me is that the guy makes $1000 a week as a school bus driver! wtf?

bah, Yankees fans......:(

lmao! #US1#

Hmm...I thought you said "lmao!" was a term ONLY Internet Geeks used? @loll@

um, no. I said "trolls". Please do your research before you try and comment.

Um, no You said "Internet Geeks." I just went back and looked over your post. Mandalorian closed that thred because it was the one thate Pete From Amok Time confronted you in. Go to page 5 in the forum the thred is titled "I will be getting the hoth wave in about 2 weeks" in that thread you are the 23rd post. I had said ROFLMAO and your reply was and I Quote " Folks these are terms used by "INTERNET GEEKS" you know the kids who spend all day on the net" Un quote! Try reserching yourself Kenny before you try to correct a person who already did their research. Also since you seem use those terms in any form Kenny, DON'T Insult others for using them. I know you think of yourself as better than others in these forums but you're not.

Edited by TOYMAN65

lmao! #US1#

Um, no You said "Internet Geeks." I just went back and looked over your post. Mandalorian closed that thred because it was the one thate Pete From Amok Time confronted you in. Go to page 5 in the forum the thred is titled "I will be getting the hoth wave in about 2 weeks" in that thread you are the 23rd post. I had said ROFLMAO and your reply was and I Quote " Folks these are terms used by "INTERNET GEEKS" you know the kids who spend all day on the net" Un quote! Try reserching yourself Kenny before you try to correct a person who already did their research. Also since you seem use those terms in any form Kenny, DON'T Insult others for using them. I know you think of yourself as better than others in these forums but you're not.

bro, your spending wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on the internet when you have nothing to do but try and correct people. @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

time to get a hobby, eh? @smilepunch@

lmao! #US1#

bro, your spending wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on the internet when you have nothing to do but try and correct people. @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

@loll@ Oh Kenny you always go on the defensive when you are proven wrong. Then you toss out the way to much time on the internet line. Just admit you were wrong, besides if you read what you posted YOU are the one who was trying to correct me in your usual sarcastic tone. Didn't you write and I quote " Please do your research before you try and comment." Sorry Kenny but you can't have it both ways. @pow@

lmao! #US1#

@loll@ Oh Kenny you always go on the defensive when you are proven wrong. Then you toss out the way to much time on the internet line. Just admit you were wrong, besides if you read what you posted YOU are the one who was trying to correct me in your usual sarcastic tone. Didn't you write and I quote " Please do your research before you try and comment." Sorry Kenny but you can't have it both ways. @pow@

no, Im afraid not. I just find it hilarious that you remember what I said a couple of months ago. too much time on your hands, buddy? @loll@

lmao! #US1#

no, Im afraid not. I just find it hilarious that you remember what I said a couple of months ago. too much time on your hands, buddy? @loll@

Whatever Kenny. We both know the truth even if you won't admit to your faulty memory. All your laughing and mud slinging doesn't change a thing. @l@