KENNY GUIDO

News.

From Kenny Guido.

@onthecan@

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm... yeah. The Sigma 6 toys sold 100 thousand units in the first MONTH. They far and away exceeded Hasbro's sales expectations, and there are supposedly BIG Sigma 6 announcements planned for Toy Fair.

Yeah, sounds like a toyline that's about to end to me. Hmmm...but a mysterious "Hasbro Rep" said it was happening, so it must be true! @hmmm@

Justin

hey, love me or hate me.....thats what I was told. Ive known this Habro Rep for over 10 years and sometimes I feed him news he is supposed to know and he fills me on hot or not info. I would have liked to have seen them go a bit more than what they did but who knows!

If this is a rep who works in-store and not corporate, then your info is probably wrong. The in-store reps never know anything.

yep Habsro spent 50k per figure to make em then , take em off the shelf

yep sounds about right, since hasbro makes billions of dollars a year, it makes sens theyd spens a couple mill making a toy line just to take it off the shelve 6 months later

yep.. sounds like

@poop#

and it is

Hasbro Rep means REPresentitive, its not a vehicle

Hasbro R.E.P ( ##$%$#ed . Elitist . Poop)

yea, you would think they would have learned with thier mistakes with SGT SAVAGE & GI JOE EXTREME. Each line lasted just as long as Sigma 6.

I'M SCARED! EVERYTHING MYSTERIOUS HASBRO REPS HAVE SAID HAS BEEN CORRECT SINCE THE GREAT TERRORDROME REISSUE OF 1999! =O

Let's say, hypotyhetically, I hated Sigma Six. I hate their over-stylized look, their unrealistic storyline of powerstones and ninja motorcycle fights. Let's venture into territory that would find me despising their monkey-arms, swivel waists, cloth uniforms and day-glo weapons. Heck, let's say I even couldn't stand the inclusion of a nearly all BAT Cobra force.

Taking all that into consideration...

I still would recognize that Sigma Six is a HIT.

I SEE THIS AND I'M IN IRAQ.

Tom

I cant believe how many people are jumping on this guys throught just for posting some news. He heard something, he posted it, and there it is. He's just doing us a service. He's not here to ruin your darn day or anything. If the line dies, we'll move on to something else, if it stays, well just hold our breath's a little longer. I dont get this "well your wrong" stuff. Very harassing.

FAKEOR

Because he is a @l@ over in the Star Wars boards. A lot of us know what Kenny is like. So unless you have seen his posts over there don't critize anyone for jumping on him, he deserves it.

Draven

Unless you haven't noticed anytime anyone posts any kind of "News" they always get ripped to shreads unless they have a credible source (or are known to be a credible source themselves). Which to be honest is perfectly acceptable. there are a lot of people who come in here and post random "News" that has no basis in any kind of fact just to get a rise out of everyone... Like this particular thread.

I cant believe how many people are jumping on this guys throught just for posting some news. He heard something, he posted it, and there it is. He's just doing us a service. He's not here to ruin your darn day or anything. If the line dies, we'll move on to something else, if it stays, well just hold our breath's a little longer. I dont get this "well your wrong" stuff. Very harassing.

FAKEOR

no, he didn't just post news to inform the board. in case you missed it, the obvious purpose of this thread wasn't his interest in informing the community but for him to gloat about he knew all along S6 would die and wanted to brag about it and laugh at those who like the line. there is a difference.

typical post by kenny guido in SW forum:

Person A: I have been searching all over town for 3 MONTHS ( insert super rare scalper bait fig) and dont want to pay ebay prices for it.

Kenny guido: LOL! I STASHED like 50 of (above ref fig) at 3 targets 3 months ago, now I am gonna go pay 2 bucks apiece for them, since target is having a sale! LOL

Even if I stashed figs(which I dont) I would not gloat about hiding 30 or 40 of a fig people are having problems finding even ONE of.

Thats alot of the reason the mood here is so....."abrasive"

Needless to say, I dont even remotely believe the sigma 6 dead rumor

Because he is a @l@ over in the Star Wars boards. A lot of us know what Kenny is like. So unless you have seen his posts over there don't critize anyone for jumping on him, he deserves it.

Draven

loser? bro, look at you. your a pathetic excuse for a human. hope you didnt buy too much stock in the sigma 6 line.

as for toyfare and the future of sigma 6, thats laughable. hasbro did the same thing with the second series of SGT SAVAGE (remember the "snow wave"?) they canned it right after they released it months later.

yea, I heard it from a guy that does in store inventory. big deal. he tells me the line is not doing well and no one wants to reorder it and that means only one thing. you figure it out, draven. I suggest you wake up and leave your parents basement and get some fresh air.

Person A: I have been searching all over town for 3 MONTHS ( insert super rare scalper bait fig) and dont want to pay ebay prices for it.

Kenny guido: LOL! I STASHED like 50 of (above ref fig) at 3 targets 3 months ago, now I am gonna go pay 2 bucks apiece for them, since target is having a sale! LOL

Even if I stashed figs(which I dont) I would not gloat about hiding 30 or 40 of a fig people are having problems finding even ONE of.

Wow, that's very accurate! I though that was actually a pasted Guido comment but I guess his behavior is obvious to everyone but Fakeor.

Wow, that's very accurate! I though that was actually a pasted Guido comment but I guess his behavior is obvious to everyone but Fakeor.

seems like your pretty pissed. dont be. there are many others just like me. :)

Ummm... yeah. The Sigma 6 toys sold 100 thousand units in the first MONTH. They far and away exceeded Hasbro's sales expectations, and there are supposedly BIG Sigma 6 announcements planned for Toy Fair.

Yeah, sounds like a toyline that's about to end to me. Hmmm...but a mysterious "Hasbro Rep" said it was happening, so it must be true! @hmmm@

Justin

ok, let me do the math:

100,000 units sold in the first month (im assuming domestic sales)

50 states

100 stores in each state (lets just say that because its a nice, round number)

that would mean my local toys r us sold 20 units the first month.

thats good? @loll@

seems like your pretty pissed. dont be. there are many others just like me. :)

Justin

ok, let me do the math:

100,000 units sold in the first month (im assuming domestic sales)

50 states

100 stores in each state (lets just say that because its a nice, round number)

that would mean my local toys r us sold 20 units the first month.

thats good? @loll@

Kenny,

I appreciate your passion for what this rep told you-- but I just can't see it being accurate all across the US. I've seen S6 fly from shelves (okay, not literally-- that would mean there's a tornado) at Walmart, Kmart, Target, and TRU in my area. The only thing that isn't selling super well as the motorcycles and, let's be honest, there's not much difference between them. Regardless, I don't see Sigma 6 being another "Sgt Savage" or "GIJoe: Extreme"-- despite what many fans wish were true. That being said, I'd be happy if both S6 & 3.75" existed side-by-side on the pegs again. Unfortunately, with Wal-mart being soooo in bed with Lanard and the CORPS! line, I just don't see that happening again. If a version of Joe is to be found in every retail chain out there, it's going to have to be S6.

I'm still waiting for Toy Fair before I start calling out "OMG! Deth of da line" but I think it's a safe bet to say that Sigma 6 will most likely be a presence in Hasbro's show room again this year.

Heh...those are some nice large numbers there. I'm sure some states do have 100 stores that carry toys, but I can bet you there are at least 20 that don't.

No matter how you want to break it down, 100,000 units in the first month is a GREAT turn around. Fifteen bucks per Commando figure, rmmm...Sigma 6 sold 1.5 MILLION dollars worth of inventory in the first month. Sounds like a failure to me! ;)

Meanwhile you're basing your top secret information on what a single rep who probably monitors inventory at maybe 20 stores told you? Wow, by your math, he covers like 1/5 of a state! He MUST know it all!

We'll see how much faith Hasbro has in the line next weekend at Toy Fair...

Justin

Heh...those are some nice large numbers there. I'm sure some states do have 100 stores that carry toys, but I can bet you there are at least 20 that don't.

No matter how you want to break it down, 100,000 units in the first month is a GREAT turn around. Fifteen bucks per Commando figure, rmmm...Sigma 6 sold 1.5 MILLION dollars worth of inventory in the first month. Sounds like a failure to me! ;)

Meanwhile you're basing your top secret information on what a single rep who probably monitors inventory at maybe 20 stores told you? Wow, by your math, he covers like 1/5 of a state! He MUST know it all!

We'll see how much faith Hasbro has in the line next weekend at Toy Fair...

Justin

true. I agree with you. He doesnt know what the rest of the country is doing. lets just let this one rest or unless one of the internet thugs want to go rounds with me again. Im all for it!

Justin

In all fairness though....where do you get your stats from? What "Hasbro rep" informed you of the "100 thousand units" sold, and that there are "BIG announcements planned for Toy Fair"?

Not trying to bust ya up, on any credibilty question here, but is this actually what you've been told, and by WHO....or is this something you're only guessing is likely to happen at the upcoming Toy Fair, and it's an easy conclusion to make?

Everybody seems to get so worked up about somebody ELSE posting "rumored news or hearsay" like this, yet counteract it, with nothing more than their OWN hearsay of sorts. Everybody feels compelled to berate and rip apart the individual posting the unfavorable (to some) news, as though they REALLY think anybody is going to take it as fact.

I just think it's all funny. ^_^ We had the same gloom and doom predictions posted about the 3 3/4" line, after each newfangled theme and series came out, and the same is going to happen again and again, and seeing how nothing lasts very long these days, it's an easy call to make. ;)

In all fairness though....where do you get your stats from? What "Hasbro rep" informed you of the "100 thousand units" sold, and that there are "BIG announcements planned for Toy Fair"?

In the April solicitations from Devil's Due, in the Sigma Six section:

"Sigma 6 toys sold over 100k units in first month"

http://yojoe.com/magazine/solicitations/2006/ddpapril.shtml

Draven

loser? bro, look at you. your a pathetic excuse for a human. hope you didnt buy too much stock in the sigma 6 line.

as for toyfare and the future of sigma 6, thats laughable. hasbro did the same thing with the second series of SGT SAVAGE (remember the "snow wave"?) they canned it right after they released it months later.

yea, I heard it from a guy that does in store inventory. big deal. he tells me the line is not doing well and no one wants to reorder it and that means only one thing. you figure it out, draven. I suggest you wake up and leave your parents basement and get some fresh air.

No my non friend, you are the pathetic excuse for a human. You prove that time and time again in the sw board. And I think once again you are getting me confused with you, I do not live in a basement of any type, especially my parents. I have my OWN place! @l@ = you.

Draven

@lol@ So true! And anyone that is sticking up for Kenny, grow up! He is as close as a troll can get without being banned from this place. Its obvious he hates Sigma and people who stick up for him imo hate it too, so that is why they justify it. @hmmm@

Draven

Not trying to bust ya up, on any credibilty question here, but is this actually what you've been told, and by WHO....or is this something you're only guessing is likely to happen at the upcoming Toy Fair, and it's an easy conclusion to make?

Everybody seems to get so worked up about somebody ELSE posting "rumored news or hearsay" like this, yet counteract it, with nothing more than their OWN hearsay of sorts. Everybody feels compelled to berate and rip apart the individual posting the unfavorable (to some) news, as though they REALLY think anybody is going to take it as fact.

I just think it's all funny. ^_^ We had the same gloom and doom predictions posted about the 3 3/4" line, after each newfangled theme and series came out, and the same is going to happen again and again, and seeing how nothing lasts very long these days, it's an easy call to make. ;)

It's a fair enough comment to make, sure. Stevey backed me up on the 100K stats (thanks!), but beyond that, I was strongly encouraged by someone "in the know" to attend Toy Fair because there would be "BIG" Sigma 6 toy news.

I realize to most folks that probably means about as much as whatever Kenny's rep says, but I trust the guy, and considering all of the hints we've been getting lately (especially in the MasterCollector interview with Neal Hoffman) I think it's safe to assume we will be getting some great announcements and news on the Sigma 6 line at Toy Fair.

Is it part assumption and heresay? Yeah, probably. Should people believe me? It's up to them. But I'm not the one posting big public threads promising the demise or success on the entire line based on what one regional rep told me he has "heard". Just trying to back up my stance with what I know...whether or not people fall in line is up to them, and doesn't really matter to me...

Justin

Draven

No my non friend, you are the pathetic excuse for a human. You prove that time and time again in the sw board. And I think once again you are getting me confused with you, I do not live in a basement of any type, especially my parents. I have my OWN place! @l@ = you.

Draven

@lol@ So true! And anyone that is sticking up for Kenny, grow up! He is as close as a troll can get without being banned from this place. Its obvious he hates Sigma and people who stick up for him imo hate it too, so that is why they justify it. @hmmm@

Draven

draven, look at you. I can already tell that you never leave your mom and pops basement because your constantly using internet lingo such as "troll". you use that word so much that it is actually part of your everyday vocabulary. your too funny. I wonder if people constantly call you a "troll" therefore it's stuck in your head, rolling around along side your pea-sized brain.

Im sure you have your own place: in the basement of your parents house. @loll@

btw draven, SIGMA SUX still SUCKS. Perhaps thats why you adore it so much.