good-bye SIGMA 6!

KENNY GUIDO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got word from a Hasbro Rep that the new GI JOE line "SIGMA 6" will soon be another tax write off for Hasbro. Didn't I tell you people months ago that it was a big mistake? how many people doubted me?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

yes, you are the Nostradumass of the toy business. your wise and flawless evaluation and prediction of the toy market should be awed and admired by us all, and was obviously an educated evaluation of the market and not just some spouting off of a consumer who simply does not like the product.

please, oh great soothesayer, what other events should we anticipate in the toy world? Will Thundercats return, will Star Wars eventually die (please say it will), or will toys soon be made of sugar cubes and be edible. your admiring audience awaits your words and holds our hats on your brilliance. @firedevil@

I love 'Hasbro Reps'. That's like 'backstage info' in the wrestling world. Why are people allowed to come up with these posts? Even if Sigma 6 disappeared tomorrow, it wouldn't prove that his Hasbro Rep wasn't a figment of his imagination. Hell, he has a 50/50 shot of being right. I still wouldn't want to make an ass out myself for a 50/50 shot of being right, but I guess that's what separates me from people like this.

Did GTASith call you? @loll@

@loll@

I'll believe it when I hear or see it.

Same here, JayC post something about it then I'll believe it....'til then I'm not going to get my self worked up over it. Though truth be told at this point I just don't care......all the "repaints" killed my interest in the line.

Did GTASith call you? @loll@

@loll@

I'll believe it when I hear or see it.

Same here, JayC post something about it then I'll believe it....'til then I'm not going to get my self worked up over it. Though truth be told at this point I just don't care......all the "repaints" killed my interest in the line.

Exactly put up or shut up. @smilepunch@

GOD! I hope this is true!!!! Knew it wouldnt last. Just had to ride out the storm! Now this stuff with HTS is starting to make sense if they plan to bring back the old line. Just think about it!

FAKEOR

yeah, just think. They're trying to get rid of their old stock, and find another venue to move their product. that must mean they're getting rid of Sigma 6.

Whatever. I'll believe it when I see it. A couple months seems like hardly long enough to make a reasonable assessment.

Call me crazy, but at the rate the toys seem to be selling, I think this rumor is just that-- a statement without basis in fact.

I would have stated the same thing about the "selling rate" of 3 3/4" G.I.Joe....just before the big "hiatus" news! :(

This is news (or rumors) that I WANT to be true, and will run with for days (just to irritate and annoy you pro Sigma beeyotchs) but will not take as absolutely confirmed or anything, as I've learnt a long time ago...NOTHING is absolute, even if it IS confirmed! ^_^

I'd kinda like it to be true, that they would go with 3 3/4 sigma figs (not style but design) and plug in ones we would like as well.

I doubt it though. They do seem to be doign okay

While I do think this will eventually happen, I'm not going to get my hopes up on unsubstantiated rumors and speculation.

From what I've observed and heard from internet sourses, Sigma Six has neither been a hot seller or a bad seller, sort of mediocre (like some waves of the 3 3/4" line were). Sales vary greatly from region to region so if Sigma Six is gathering dust on the shelves in your area (like they are here in most stores), that doesn't mean they aren't selling well somewhere else, and vice-versa. I remember some of even the most popular waves of RAH Joes were easy to get in El Paso, TX where I grew up because kids overall didn't have a lot of interest in them there.

In addition, Hasbro has a history of making strange decisions with their lines that don't always correspond with low sales.

Personally, I think Hasbro will dump S6 eventually due to one important point; when 12" Joes were introduced in 1964, they dominated the boy's toy market. The same was true for 3 3/4" Joes in 1982. I think Hasbro created the S6 line to try to duplicate such successes and while the success of the line is debatable, clearly S6 has not come anywhere near the market domination its famous predecessors did.

I see Hasbro as ultimately being very impatient with the line and rather than really trying to develope it into being more successfull, likely they will just dump it for a new idea. That may or may not be 3 3/4" scale, but ultimately if Hasbro in really unsuccessfull with other concepts they will always fall back on 3 3/4" because it is a proven seller (even if it no longer dominates the market either).

So ultimately, until I see concrete proof of this, I refuse to accept it as anything more than wishful thinking.

Hey Guys,

Even though this guy is wrong, Sigma 6 and the RAH line are two mutually exclusive lines. The consumer base might ovelap somewhat but it will not entirely overlap. Also, they will both be selling in the brick and mortar stores soon so that is great. If you have twice as much GI joe product that is twice as much marketing and hopefully even more sales.

S6 ain't goin' nowhere until I say so, WHO'S WITH ME???

*cricket chirp* not again. *stomps cricket, TV announces end of the line* NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my crappy luck, eh?

yep Habsro spent 50k per figure to make em then , take em off the shelf

yep sounds about right, since hasbro makes billions of dollars a year, it makes sens theyd spens a couple mill making a toy line just to take it off the shelve 6 months later

yep.. sounds like

@poop#

and it is

Hasbro Rep means REPresentitive, its not a vehicle

Hasbro R.E.P ( ##$%$#ed . Elitist . Poop)