GI Joe completists

kndy

I forget the name of the Canadian guy that has... :-P

I've got everything from 92-today, and all of 83, and almost all of 1989. (MOC.)

As far as loose, I doubt I'll have a loose complete MOC set since I only use one version of a char at a time, except for Army Builders. :)

-Kevin

One thing I regret is that if I knew earlier on that I was going to go for other years... I wish I had just bought a uber-large loose lot of 200 or so figures that was several hundred bucks than buy the usual 5-35 figures at $5 or $75 bucks. I think maybe I would of saved more money in the long run.

Originally, I wanted to focus on my old collection that I once had...1982-1984 but then it became 1982-1987 and somehow, with lots that you win, you get stuff from other years and say...wow, that's cool and see some really cool figures and the vehicles from the 90's.

Part of my reason for the expansion to other years was the book "The Ultimate Guide to GI Joe" by Mark Bellomo. Awesome book but realized cool figures and vehicles that came out after 1986.

I've been tempted by the Cobra lots...just saw a 38-man BAT army lot for $89 buy-it-now but I opted out. Hopefully, I don't regret it.

As for the vehicles, I have many but no way I want to go complete for all years unless I add a room to this house.

Guys, on the comics where the SAW Viper takes out many Joe's, Falcon, Duke and a few survived, get on a vehicle. Is that the Mobile Battle Bunker?

kndy

I've also got a practically complete set of figures and accs from 1982 to present. I say practically, because I still need 4 Street Fighter figures, 2 Joe variations (Starduster variant & Steel Brigade variant) and about 15 accs (only 3 are "hard to find"). I am also lacking the VIper lockdown, and the RHINO, but I don't really count hose since they are brand new.

Originally, I wanted to focus on my old collection that I once had...1982-1984 but then it became 1982-1987 and somehow, with lots that you win, you get stuff from other years and say...wow, that's cool and see some really cool figures and the vehicles from the 90's.

Part of my reason for the expansion to other years was the book "The Ultimate Guide to GI Joe" by Mark Bellomo. Awesome book but realized cool figures and vehicles that came out after 1986.

I've been tempted by the Cobra lots...just saw a 38-man BAT army lot for $89 buy-it-now but I opted out. Hopefully, I don't regret it.

As for the vehicles, I have many but no way I want to go complete for all years unless I add a room to this house.

kndy

Yeah, I'm kind of like that. Originally I was going to get 1984-1986, then work on 1982-1983, and possibly go from there, but I've kind of gotten all over the place since then. Even picked up a bunch of vehicles, which I was going to stay away from until finished with the figures. I'm sticking to my 1982-1987 aspirations from now on, and am almost done I suppose. Past then there are only certain figures I want to add to the collection.

Here's my collection rundown(not including variants and Con exclusives):

1982-Complete

1983-Need 3

1984-Complete

1985-Complete

1986-Need 3

1987-Need 2

1988-Need 4

1989-Need 3

1990-Need 3

1991-Need 2

1992-Need 4

1993-Need 32

1994-Need 19

1997-Need 14

1998-Need 9

2000-Need 12

2001-Need 16

2002-Need 23

2003-Need 4

2004-Need 3

2005-Need 4

I am rapidly coming upon finishing a complete RAH set (95%). And almost 75% finished with a second set. And have all of the newer figures except I missed out on the Vypra from the Rattler jeep from TRU and wave 3 DTC.

MATT

Here is my run down of Figures:

1982 - 1993 Complete

1994- missing the 5 neon ninjas

1997 - 2001 Complete

2002 - missing

2003 - 2004 Complete

2005 - Still working on the DTC figures all others complete

Vehicles:

missing 19 vehicles/playsets from complete run '82 - '05

Most of the vehicles/playsets I am missing are repaints for the most part. I do have all the large playsets though.

Here's what I currently need, not counting vehicle drivers or special mail-ins at the moment, since I'm not too concerned with those and I've been picking them up on the way anyway.

1982:

Cobra Trooper

Flash

Short-Fuze

Snake Eyes

Zap

1983:

Good to go

1984:

Storm Shadow

1985:

Tomax

Xamot

1986:

Leatherneck

Roadblock

Wet Suit

1987 (I'm not too worried about these guys... all I really want at the moment is Crazylegs, Gung-Ho, and Outback from this year):

Big Boa

Cobra Commander

Crazylegs

Crystal Ball

Fast Draw

Gung-Ho

Outback

Psyche-Out

Raptor

Sneak Peek

Techno-Viper

Wow... after looking at that, I'm not too far off from my original goal! Although I'm not at all satisfied with the figures listed in my signature - they need to be upgraded with certain parts for them to be worthy of display! (And if you can help, please do!)

Edited by DPrime

Uh...I have all of the RAHC figures, but I still need the Gen. Tomahawk/Dial-Tone, Serpentor/Shock Viper, Wet-Suit/Wet Down sets MOMC. Oh, and I have all of the 2005 DTC figures, Waves 1 and 2. Like Bubba in Forest Gump says: "Dat's...dat's 'bout it." (lol)

Edited by Devil Bat

Nah, if your just figures like me (with the exception of new vehicles and the random old vehicle) it's not that bad. I'll snap pics later tonight, and post them tomorrow.

Nah, if your just figures like me (with the exception of new vehicles and the random old vehicle) it's not that bad. I'll snap pics later tonight, and post them tomorrow.

Yeah it's true. My collection, which spans five years of GI Joes, is almost done, figure-wise, and the Joes themselves basically only take up one standard IKEA shelf! The Cobras are a bit more, but that's because of army-building! (They'd actually be way less if I didn't army-build...)

Remember this isn't like collecting Marvel Legends... these guys are pretty small!

That being said, once you get into the vehicles, then we're talking some room...

im getting pretty close on a couple years worth.

1982 3 figures/ 1 vehicle

1983 1 figure/ 4 vehicles

1984 4 figures/ several vehicles

1985 5 figures/ more vehicles

after that the rest of the years i need more than that.

Edited by zweiman