Alt Brawn

FUGAYZIE

Here is my custom Alt Brawn. I've been waiting for ever for Has/Tak to make one and they havent, so I decided to make my own. This is pretty much the final product, although I might black out all the windows and add either silver or yellow to the vent slits to the left and right of his face (collar bone area if you will). This was just a quick pic I snaped last night so I can let you folks see what I've been up to last week. I'll update with better pics of both bot and alt mode soon. In the mean time, let me know what you guys think :)

Here's how it was done:

1 Alt Skids

1 can Krylon (satin) olive green

1 can Krylon (gloss) tapestry yellow

1 can Krylon chrome

a set of tiny screw drivers

a roll of masking tape

1 exacto knife

1 spare tire for roof (optional)

1 (model sized) green gas can to mount on the back (optional)

brawncustom.jpg

brawn4.jpg

brawn1.jpg

brawn2.jpg

brawn3.jpg

Wow, that's awesome man.....the paint is great. I would never have thought the Scion would have been a good base for Brawn, but I'm really diggin' it. :D

lets see it transformed...

heh, he needs like a black visor or something around the eyes, maybe you can swipe jazes and paint it black or something. .. I think he has one...

That is Awesome!

The paint job is fantastic! So clean! I do agree about the black visor. I think it would look good on him. Kind of break up some of the silver on the head.

Terrific custom FUGAYZIE!

Cutting and fitting something over the eyes shouldn't really be that hard, either.

This is a really doable version; he looks great! Unless Hasbro inked a deal with Land Rover, I would fully love to see the Scion as a Brawn repaint, based on these pics. Which parts did you have to mask, that wouldn't come apart?

(Darn it, I might just have to buy a second Skids now. :) )

That is Awesome!

The paint job is fantastic! So clean! I do agree about the black visor. I think it would look good on him. Kind of break up some of the silver on the head.

wow, getting a compliment from you on a custom is a compliment in its self. Thanks.

I was originally thinking of painting the eyes black (toy) or blue (toon) but I'm still deciding. It never accured to me to try and make a visor.....hmmmmmm

That is Awesome!

Cutting and fitting something over the eyes shouldn't really be that hard, either.

This is a really doable version; he looks great! Unless Hasbro inked a deal with Land Rover, I would fully love to see the Scion as a Brawn repaint, based on these pics. Which parts did you have to mask, that wouldn't come apart?

(Darn it, I might just have to buy a second Skids now. :) )

I masked off the silver/yellow parts on the knees, the windows, the black portion of the feet, the autobot symbol, the face (its not removeable like some of the other Alts), the licence plate, the black flaps (collar bone area) so I could paint a portion of them yellow, oh, and I remove the rubber section of the tire and mask the rim. I think thats about it

when you take him apart, its best to lay masking tape down and then place all screws and other tiny parts on it so they dont fall/roll off and get lost. Also label where each screw came from and write the steps in which you removed body parts.........believe me it makes it sooo much easier to reassemble him by just back tracking your steps.

Thanks for all the comps guys :)

well ya wanted to see what he would look like with a black visor, here it is

brawncustom2.jpg

I have to say, he does look good with it

good call synch :)

oh yea thats the stuff, howed you make it?

allso its funny how near perfect that head is for the toy, its like what g1 brawns woulda looked like if it wasn't ... yknow... flat :P

Edited by synch

heh, he needs like a black visor or something around the eyes, maybe you can swipe jazes and paint it black or something. .. I think he has one...

Did he have a visor in the cartoon.....I dont really remember him having one in the cartoon, but it's been a really long time since I have watched the G1 cartoon.

no, he had blue eyes in the toon but I did a test and they didnt look so hot on this guy, they stuck out like a soar thumb. It was the g1 toy that had the black visor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

He looks great, never would have thought I'd see a Custom Brawn in Scion-form. Great pics too, comparing the '80s TFs to the current Alternators TFs, quite the evolution process.