Comic Values

Animalchandler

Can any of you guys help me out with a website, or a company that I can take a look at some of the official values of some of the comic books I have. I have a modest collection, but I know I have some bargains, so just need abit of guidance, to get an idea of the market.

Go to you're lcs and ask him for the mainn price guide book, costs around $30 something though...

for the most part comics hold little value if there not graded at a 9.8

If there are specific books you have in mind, I would use e-bay. This is where you will get the most realistic price for any book you have. Most of the time you will get to look around and find one in a similar condition to your book.

I don't like to use guides like Wizard's because they over-inflate prices. If they say a book is worth $50, why can I find it on e-bay for $0.99?

I was going to buy a collection from someone, but we could not agree on a price. He insisted that his books were worth the book value of over $20,000. I would have had a hard time breaking the lot up and selling issues for over $1,000 all together. If it makes you feel good to say that you have a $100 comic, then I would say something like Wizard is for you. Just keep in mind that these prices are totally unrealistic. :)

Thats something to think about I guess.

I've bought a couple of what I would call bargains on ebay, but then thinking about it, why wouldn't they go for more if they were worth more?

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll still take a look at wizards, see what the market apparently looks like.

i use www.comicspriceguide.com

it has a complete price guide and you can track up to 50 comics with a free account you can set up. it charges a fee if you wish to keep track of more.

I use it quite a bit. Nearly all comics have cover scans and with a membership (Free or a paying one) it actually lets you know of the price changes in you comics you have selected to be a part of your collection

hope this site helps

Edited by Osbourne