Help me decide what side will get the Arctic Whale

Crimson Twins

Cobra or Joe (My Arctic Whale)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should my Arctic Whale be finished as a Cobra vehicle or a Joe vehicle?

• Cobra
    • Joe

I've been able to get some of the missing pieces to my Arctic Killer Whale custom. So, when I was looking to put my homemade stickers on it, I was so tempted to use Cobra emblems on it. I think it might be the black that I used on it. It just seems like a Cobra vehicle to me.

Pics can be seen here.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=200...hl=Arctic+Whale

Keep in mind, this is in the WIP stage. It has been nearly completed since then.

I'll let this poll be the decision maker.

Help me decide once and for all.

As for the Cobra logos, I thought about using the Night Watch logo with the colors inverted. I think that has become my favorite one.

Edited by Crimson Twins

It seems the Whale is a bit to iconic as a Joe Vehicle to end up in the paws of greedy snow serpents . Even with Cobra symbols it probably wont feel right. But then again as an official Cobra fanatic I love just about anything with Cobra Symbols on it. In otherwords you could make it work. If i ever paint one Ill paint it Cobra Blue and give it to the infantry.

Sorry, but unless you go against the poll, it's gonna be a joe vehicle. I was hoping to be able to say cobra, but unless it was decked out in full cobra blue, I just don't think there's anything much you could do to it that would make that vehicle say 'cobra'. I have half a feeling that even if it were a cobra vehicle with cobra logos up the wazoo, the cobra troops would probably fire on it anyway out of sheer suspicion.

It seems to be going the way of the Joe. I'll give everyone till Monday to decide. It'll be tough to make a Cobra comeback though. That's OK. The Shadow Whale is in the works. Of course, I might end up turning it into a Night Force Whale (without all the ugly red-orange) for my custom Night Force team.

throw some pictures with figures up. I don't know if I have ever seen one of these in my life with figures

I might just do that. Of course, I've applied most of the stickers by now. And once I saw the Killer Whale logo on it, I knew it had to be a Joe vehicle. I can admit defeat. Of course, I also went through all my left over pieces and was able to construct another almost complete Whale. So maybe Cobra will get one after all. That'll make three for me. I love buying parts for these in large eBay lots. Who knows, I might be able to complete a fourth one soon.

Just to let you know, the stickers aren't repros. Well at least not professional ones. They're ones I did on my own. I'm kinda pleased how it came out. Oh, and I've been told that the red white and blue on the Joe logo is actually red, white and a sort of pink. Oops. Guess it sucks to be colorblind. I'll have to find a way to fix that.