X-Men Boxset Returns...to Kaybee's

The Maestro

I had an interesting find today at my local KB's. The had old Marvel Legends X-Men boxsets (the one that comes with Rogue) sitting on the shelf.

They were orange tagged at $19.99 each. I didn't bother getting one, since I just picked up a set in a trade. I wonder if this will be the trend at other KB's. Anybody find these at other KB's yet?

Probably deadstock from other stores. KB seems to be the store that picks up older Toybiz stuff.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! :)

That's really odd that Kaybee had 'em.....I wonder if it was just old stock or Toybiz really sent out more? I got the set from Amazon.com for $15 + free shipping.....that set's what got me into Marvel Legends in the first place. :)

they had them here too.. 3 cases!

12 sets..

but I didn't even want one.. I have the leather Gambit Jacket, and that is all I wanted from it

Damn!! I shoulda waited before buying the Beast from that same store! It would have justified buying that boxed set for Beast/Magneto/Gambit. Oh well, maybe I can put dreads and piercings on one of the Beasts and make him "Evil Beast." hehe That is if I get my hands on a set.

I got an X-Men Legends box set from the Kay Bee I used to work at. I didn't pick it out myself, so I was kind of dissappointed when I finally did open it. My Wolverine was missing a set of claws on one of his hands, plus my Rogue's foot was put on backwards. I still like the set, but these blemishes kind of ruined it a bit. Any suggestions on how to fix the Rogue?

how come when i mentioned this no one cared lol, thye had 3 sets left here but one of them had a rouge with 2 left hands

how come when i mentioned this no one cared lol, thye had 3 sets left here but one of them had a rouge with 2 left hands

Do they have any more? I could sure use one of those sets...

nope no more

I had bought a set when it first came out but I wanted another one for customs. I tracked down a KB that still had them on Saturday and asked them to hold one for me until Sunday. When I get there to buy it, the cashier tells me the owner from a local comic book shop (Drawn to Heroes Comics) came in and bought the last two on shelf. Then he spotted mine behind the register and begged the cashier to sell it to him. The cashier told him it was on hold for a customer and the @ss still pleaded with him to sell it to him. He even offered to pay the cashier double. Thankfully the cashier did not give in. The cashier told me this guy comes in all the time to buy stuff to sell at his store. I've been to his store before. Besides comics, he sells a bunch of action figures at ridiculous mark-ups. Last time he had a Star Wars ROTS red Clone Commander for $24 (they were still in stores at the time).

Edited by Postalboy

My KBs had tons of Marvel Legends from series 10, 11 and 12. They even had some from the older series too. I got another Wolverine from series 3 for 5 dollars.

They did have 3 X men boxed sets which I passed since I got 3 sets at Wal-mart looong time ago for like 15 dollars.