My definitive Scarlett custom

BlueFootedBooby

Several months ago I started working on each of the Joe girls individually. I planned to do Jaye, Jinx, Zarana, Baroness, and Zarana. Bombstrike and Covergirl were perfect and didn't need customs. Some of you may know that Scarlett is my favorite character and I wanted her to be perfect. I had to wait for Covergirl to be released so I had all the pieces I needed. I decided to go with a modern look and used her Devils Due costume. Sorry about my shitty camera.

EditPicture013.jpg

EditPicture011.jpg

EditPicture015.jpg

I love the America's Elite flips in her hair.

EditPicture019.jpg

EditPicture018.jpg

EditPicture020.jpg

I tried to put more detail in this costum than I ever have before. This is my first time using sculpting clay, the straps on her quiver pouch.

EditPicture022.jpg

EditPicture024.jpg

EditPicture025.jpg

Team pictures. Scarlett, Stalker, & Snake Eyes, my 3 favorite. And other pictures with the rest of the Joe gals.

EditPicture012.jpg

When I started this, I told myself I wanted to make the best Scarlett custom ever... and whether I accomplished that or not, I am beyond happy with the finished project.

Edited by BlueFootedBooby

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME WORK!I really like it dude.The paint applications are great and the colors work really well.I like the parts you used as well and the style you had her costume put together in (late DD GI Joe comics style?). The hair is pretty good too,where'd you get that from? The only suggestion I have is maybe darkening the color of her hair.

other than that,she looks great!good job man!

I really like it... except the hair. It kind of reminds me of anime hair... The colour's off (it looks pink) and although the hairstyle seems to be what you like, as a military man myself I can't see a woman working in the field with all that hair over her eyes!

Don't get me wrong, I think you're very talented, and I love every single other aspect of the figure (as well as your Jinx and Lady Jaye) but that one single element just doesn't do it for me.

Awesome work man....she really looks great. I give her an A-. A- because I'm not sure she can really see where she's going all that well. :P

Nice job man!

To me this is the best Scarlett custom ever.. well so far...yeah there are some issues with her hair but nothing a little trip to the salon wont fix. Great Job... Two thumbs Bro! What maker, type and model

paints and brush did you use the paint job looks factory.

I use Apple Barrel paints, Testor's Sealent and whichever assorted paint brushes are small and cheap.

Sweet dude. I caught a glimpse of this a while ago, minus the Cover Girl legs. Excellent. I tried hunting for these Winx chicks and no dice. The one's I found are for the big size dolls. Can you hook us up with some leads as to where we can find this line for sale. Everywhere I look it's all the Bratz.

Once again, nice job!

-B

BRAVO!!!

Excellent Job, Jesse! Very likley one of the best Scarlet customs out there! Great Job! How ever I do have to agree that the hair color is just a bit to bright and looks a little unnatural... But really that is only a minor complaint. What matters is that you are happy with it! God job hottie boy!

That is my alltime favorite Scarlet figure. I love it. I agree with the other guys in that the hair should be darker but i like the choice of hair.