Peg upon pegs of Things!

Lady Jaye

Just came back from Wal Mart and found nothing but Things and a a few Wonder Men scattered about!! This was a huge mistake releasing the line as is!! Falcon should have listened to us, namely me, @smilepunch@ about forgetting the stupid "Legendary Rides" and instead put in another Sentinel Build-A-Figure as a pack in, instead!!! I see the Un-Legendary Riders Thing and Wonderman clogging the shelves for a long time!! We might never see much of the Apok wave, or waves to follow, if there are any!!

Not neccessarily the same pack in, but a re-paint would have been awesome!!

All I know is that First Appearance Thing is going to clog the shelves and prevent us from getting the next waves!!! Oh and they even had extra figures over by the clearance section!!

@loll@

Ya but to be frank thats really selfish to say.

Sure you get lots of clogged stuff. But what about us all in scattered towns across North America who have smaller populations? Im lucky if my walmart, or comic store even decides

to stock one set of each wave. In which case im really happy to get whatever i can without having to go to ebay, or on the boards.

While you may be complaining, i really liked the lines, i got the ones that i wanted, and the few other collectors i know got the ones they wanted. So maybe you should try to get other collectors to buy the others, are even better find a way to stop scalping in your area. Kids dont want to just get a lousy thing, maybe they want a cool wolvy with a bike and then a character for him to beat on?

And yes, i know this line IS directed towards collectors, but it isnt Toybiz's fault that ppl in larget cities are scalping and leaving junk figs behind.

Moral of this post: Be happy that there is even something being released as good as Marvel Legends and take it for what its worth at face value, and dont complain.

Okay Wwhat are you talking about? How can I get what I want if all I see are First Appearance Things clogging my shelves?? How does that help you either???

And I'm not complaining about scalpers, I'm complaining about them releasing a line with a figure that no one wants, at least most people don't!! Why would kids want a fugly FA Thing when they can look right next to it and see a cool movie thing!! So when whoever collects the line, buys the figures they want, and leave behind the fugly Thing, that's just going to clog the shelves so that we don't get what we want, even you!!

Answer me this, how in the world does having a clogged peg full of one figure help you small town folks?? How in the hell is that selfish?? I'm trying to get more product out, you like clogged pegs????

Pegwarmers vary by area so blanket statements can't really be made. Some stores are still overloaded with ML9 Bullseyes and Dr Strange and neither are "crappy figures". I had one WM in my area that had Storms and Black Widows pegwarming for awhile.

In my area, ML11 hasn't pegwarmed at all. Came in and went out.

All of ML11 did well here at first, but right now TRU is sitting on a bunch of FA Things, Logan, WM, and Vengeance. The Walmarts and Meijers that got them also have a few of those guys hanging around with leftover ML9. Normally we don't get enough of any series here for major pegwarming, the big exceptions being series 4 and 9, but 11 is looking to join that short list.

Edited by nagauthier

We have buttloads of ML Galactus here :S And Legendary Riders. :S

Meh. I liked getting a bike for Wolverine, Thing's Sky Cycle, and I certainly would have hated not having Vengeance with his bike.

And it wouldn't have been a good idea to follow the subsequent series with the EXACT same pack-in.

It didn't need to be the same "EXACT" thing. TB coulda thrown in a classic DOFP Sentinel based on this design. I woulda bought a case of wave 11 for 2 of these hunter/killer OMEGA Sentinels!

MarvelUniverseSentinel.jpg

colossuswolverinevssentinel.jpg

Yeah, the rides was a pretty poor choice following the Sentinel. I really hope this wave is done shipping or that they at lease do some case revisions with more of the figures that will actually sell. It's frustrating when Toybiz made such big improvements with case breakdowns on 9 and 10 to follow it with this crap.

Just came back from Wal Mart and found nothing but Things and a a few Wonder Men scattered about!! This was a huge mistake releasing the line as is!! Falcon should have listened to us, namely me, @smilepunch@ about forgetting the stupid "Legendary Rides" and instead put in another Sentinel Build-A-Figure as a pack in, instead!!! I see the Un-Legendary Riders Thing and Wonderman clogging the shelves for a long time!! We might never see much of the Apok wave, or waves to follow, if there are any!!

You're absolutely right. Jesse Falcon, with his several decades of experience with Marvel toylines, and being the driving force behind one of the most revolutionary toylines of the last ten years, should have stopped and said "What does Lady Jaye think of my decisions? I need to run this by her! I'll surely be proven an idiot if there are a bunch of Thing figures in her local stores- god knows that has nothing to do with the distribution and market in her area!"

Yeah, he totally should have done that.

No he shouldnt have!

Why should Jesse concern himself with the areas that are gonna get pegwarmed. If anything he is ensuring that everyone gets something, which to me is great. If he needs to produce more figs ( pricing with supply and demand) to keep the price points were they are etc, then he should. As well if it means that bigger cities get peg warmers for a while in order for smaller towns such as mine to get a wave or TWO if im LUCKY. Then its worth it to me, nothing against the big towns etc, but i mean, alot of US cities get these huge discounts at retail stores after the holidays. Here in Canada that is not happening, we get sales, but not really clearance sales to the extent that you guys do.

Im very thankful to even get 2 or 3 figs out of a whole wave at retail, and i still say that is very unfair for what Lady Jaye to say, being that she wants waves that are gonna have figs that arent gonna peg warm in her area. Well if thats the case, whats that mean for those collectors like me? If the figs are all one per package, so they dont warm pegs, im most likely gonna not be able to find one or two. This in turn is gonna make me have to go to a scalper, which is not good obviously. So by having some pegwarmers, i feel it enables Toybiz to make more cases, cause the cost of a new thing is pretty cheap, and then they can send more cases. Just my ideas on the whole issue. Im very happy the way things are set up and going along with legends, and i dont want them to change. And im quite sick of ppl on forums saying how they have pegwarmers galore etc. Just wait like all the other towns. Just because a wave isnt out the "DAY" its released in stores doesnt mean ur not gonna get it. Im about a wave behind ALWAYS, im just gettin ML 11 in stores here, while many are on 12! So quit the whining, wait and be patient, and we all will get the toys we want in time.

I don't suppose there's any point in arguing with people so convinced they're right, but pegwarming figures should be something taken into consideration. If enough figures go unsold, stores order less product, or in some cases, none. Targets here didn't get a single case of 5-7 because they were still sitting on buttloads of 4.

And the retailers don't look at which figures are sitting on the shelves. They just go into the computer and it says they've had 20 ML on the pegs for over a month. It could be 20 FA Things, or 20 chase figures a stockboy hid in the backroom, it still says the same thing to the toy department manager: don't need to order anymore, we've got plenty in stock and they're not selling anyway.

LOL. I do see Wonder Man and Things, but I usually find many more Mr. Sinister and Vengeance, more then the other two.

The Build-A-Figure route doesn't always work. In Toronto, I always find tons of Mystique and Black Panther figures

Meh. I liked getting a bike for Wolverine, Thing's Sky Cycle, and I certainly would have hated not having Vengeance with his bike.

And it wouldn't have been a good idea to follow the subsequent series with the EXACT same pack-in.

It didn't need to be the same "EXACT" thing. TB coulda thrown in a classic DOFP Sentinel based on this design. I woulda bought a case of wave 11 for 2 of these hunter/killer OMEGA Sentinels!

It still would have been following up "Sentinel Series" with "Sentinel Series". Plus when ML9, 10, and 11 were being planned for 05, the BAF was brand new. They wedged a gap in there so it wouldn't wear itself out and to be able to judge sales before going forward with more.

It still would have been following up "Sentinel Series" with "Sentinel Series". Plus when ML9, 10, and 11 were being planned for 05, the BAF was brand new. They wedged a gap in there so it wouldn't wear itself out and to be able to judge sales before going forward with more.

So! Are you telling me that if TB had released back to back waves with 2 different types of Sentinels, it wouldn't have sold? I highly doubt that! Regardless of how sucky some of the figures were in wave 11, I bet if it had included a classic Sentinel instead of that "Legendary rider" theme crap, alot more people woulda ordered cases just to get a pair of DOFP Sentinels. Seriously, how many people here ordered a case of wave 11? I'd wager not too many.

I didn't say they wouldn't sell. But it might look odd to retailers and tacky as well- "Which Sentinel Series are we ordering again?". Then you would have confusion of 2 Sentinel Series being on pegs at the same time.

Another Sentinel wouldn't be bad for a future BAF. But variety is the spice of this line, so some space would help.