2006 Convention Set & DTC Wave 4

lldjslim

Just incase you guys have not heard the Joe Clubs newsletter has the convention set and wave 4 and new comics packs listed!! Here they are!!

Convention set

It is Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries! With Overlord and the Coil vs Major Bludd and the Skull Squad vs a mystery opponent from South America!!! Let the speculation Begin!!

Sinlge packs

Airtight! Lt. Falcon!! Munitia, Cobra Night Viper, Cobra Officer, and Outback

Comic Packs

Issue 101 October Guard members Misha, Gorky, and Dragonosky!

Issue 44 Lady Jaye and 2 gas masked Cobra troopers!!

It all sounds like some good stuff is on the horizon. Pics will probably be circulating on the internet in the next upcoming months.

Meh...I'll probably snag Falcon if he isn't half-assed, and depending on how Munitia looks, she's a possibility. I don't have use for any specialized Viper units in my Joe-verse, so even though I'm sure the Night Viper should look sweet (probably not much different from the standard customs we've seen here), I can pass on it along with the others. If the Cobra Officer looks even remotely close to the trooper we got last series, no thanks. I can somehow picture it being exactly the same parts with different coloring.

Hrmm, maybe Outback. Maybe.

Well most of this has already been discussed but I think this is the first actual REAL confirmation about what the wave 4 single packs are going to be... even though we have speculated this for MONTHS now we know for certain. Hopefully the Cobra officer will be better than the cobra trooper from wave 3. I liked the trooper for what it was but I would really like something that is maybe just slightly more than a repaint. Hopefully the cobra officer will be more original and look enough like a basic troop and not an officer that i can use him instead of the wave 3 troop as my basic cobra grunt. We shall see.

I just pre-ordered the wave 2 06 with munitia and the rest. A new OUTBACK !! I cannot wait.

Uhm, why not? Plenty of us go to the Convention. Just mail me cold hard cash, and I'll mail you a hardcore Con-set! :)

And have we seen pics of anything from Wave 4 yet? (I ain't bought wave 3 yet since I'm being an idiot and waiting for HTS to get 'em.)

-Kevin

I'll keep that in mind.

It is Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries! With Overlord and the Coil vs Major Bludd and the Skull Squad vs a mystery opponent from South America!!!

Don't give a rat's ass. Too damn expensive and it wouldn't surprise me if MC used New Orleans as an excuse to jack the price up.

Single packs

Airtight: Repaint of Red Spot with new arms/head.

Falcon: Repaint of Shipwreck/Footloose

Munitia: Frankenstein of other female figures or a repaint of the Schoolmarm Baroness.

Night-Viper: Overkill's version 2 body with new head and arms (of course).

Cobra Officer: Ghost Bear with a modified torso.

Outback: New sculpt Big Brawler, straight repaint.

Comic Packs

Why do we need another Gorky? Is Misha the guy with the cowboy hat?

Why do we need TWO "gas masked" troopers?

The comic packs bug me because there are tons of characters they COULD do, but we get guys we don't need too often.

It is Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries! With Overlord and the Coil vs Major Bludd and the Skull Squad vs a mystery opponent from South America!!!

Don't give a rat's ass. Too damn expensive and it wouldn't surprise me if MC used New Orleans as an excuse to jack the price up.

Single packs

Munitia: Frankenstein of other female figures or a repaint of the Schoolmarm Baroness.

Comic Packs

The comic packs bug me because there are tons of characters they COULD do, but we get guys we don't need too often.

Lets be honest that 98 gorky was nothing more than Big Bear repainted gray. This one should look more like the comic. And I do believe Mishka is the one with the hat.

Convention set

It is Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries! With Overlord and the Coil vs Major Bludd and the Skull Squad vs a mystery opponent from South America!!! Let the speculation Begin!!

Hmm, it sounds like they're trying to fit a lot into this set. All the basic sets since 2002 have contained exactly 15 figures. The basic formula seems to be three individuals and either 12 'grunts' (2002 crimson vipers) or two sets of 6 'grunts' (2003--6 swamp viper, 6 black dragon trooper; 2005--6 iron grenadiers, 6 iron anvils). If they still follow this model, that means Overlord for one of the individuals with 6 Coil 'grunts', Major Bludd as another individual with 6 Skull Squad 'grunts', and only 1 figure left for the "mystery opponent from South America". Whoever that is, they're gonna be outnumbered unless they get help from either the 2-set or 3-set of figures that are also sold at the con, if they do them this year.

It sounds interesting. I just hope that the mystery opponent from South America doesn't end up being that Street Fighter figure of Blanka, fresh from Brazil.

Wave Four sounds promising, can't wait to see pics!

The new convention set will likely be 15 figures like always but it would be three subgroups:

Major Bludd with 4 troops , Overlord with 4 troops, then Mystery single figure with 4 Mystery troops. Then we would have the Joes as the 3pack and 2pack. Last year the 15figure set was all Cobra and it looks like that will happen again. Very cool.

I guess they had to include troop builders in the comic packs in order to sell more. At least the trooop builders are in one pack and not both, To be honest I am glad they are still pumping out new comic packs and having one be a troop builder is a small price to pay. Im all for it and am awaiting pics. Bring it on Hasbro.

I don't own a single-solitary convention set....so no interest in what I likely won't be getting, but the comic packs and single figures sounds good. Pics will tell the tale!

I don't own a single-solitary convention set....so no interest in what I likely won't be getting, but the comic packs and single figures sounds good. Pics will tell the tale!

I can change that you know... I do still have two extra 05 Con set boxes. :)

-Kevin

Edited by Admiral Hunter

I can't wait to see what the figures look like for the con, and I am wondering what vehicles they will be using as well. As for wave 4, just got done pre ordering those as well as 1 of each of the comic packs for now. I will probably get more of the gas troopers when they come out on HTS though as well as more of the night vipers too. As for wave 3, HTS still waiting for them, last FALCON!!! Killer I have been waiting for a new Falcon, now just have to wait a little longer.

Speaking about mercenaries, what with the con and all, and while also on the topic of comic packs, I wouldn't mind having one with those cobra mercenaries that they had in South America. I can't remember which issue it was, but they were the guys that got blown away by Kwinn after he freed himself from the bunker. I know they weren't wearing cobra blue, and some might say they can be recreated using the greenshirt packs, but I liked the rough 'in the wilds' look about them.

Single packs

Comic Packs

Lets be honest that 98 gorky was nothing more than Big Bear repainted gray. This one should look more like the comic. And I do believe Mishka is the one with the hat.

Good point. They could have at least did that Gorky with another hair color or something so it doesn't look like Big Bear with 2 uniforms. At least we aren't getting Stalker, Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow again.

I just hope I'm wrong about wave 4 (ie. we see more new molds).

Edited by pesatyel