Superman Through The Ages

rodimusconvoy21

I know I will. I dont like the AR Superman because he looks like a 55 old year Superman, I want to see what they will do with the headsculpt. The Hush Superman looks nice aswell, but I dont know why they didnt include the regualr Justice League, even the regular Batman/Superman Superman instead the robotic one.

I would like to know if they will do this with batman. If they do, they should do a first appearanace, an AR one and a Hush one.

I might get it. Depends on how it turns out though.

which supermen are in the set?

First Appearance Superman, Robot Superman, Jim Lee Superman & John Byrne Superman.

I really like the set, and have wanted a Jim Lee Superman (no ivy) ever since I saw the Hush Superman figure....so I'll be getting the set. The only figure I really don't care for is the First Appearance Superman....I just never liked the style of those FA figures.

Somehow i feel that this normal Jim Lee Superman doesnt look as good as the Hush Superman.

The robot Superman is from JLA Classified#1-3 which was also drawn by Ed Mcguennis

Somehow i feel that this normal Jim Lee Superman doesnt look as good as the Hush Superman.

But it's the same mold, I'm not even sure they're even going to make a new head for him....as of right now all that's different is no ivy and his cape isn't messed up....so for the most part he shouldn't look any better or worse....just clean. :)

Does anyone have pictures?

Arch

Here's ya go man....just keep clicking next to see all the figures in the set.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=DC+...ize=800&start=0

I really only want the Robot Superman. The 'clean' version of Hush Superman is one I wouldn't mind owning as well, but for me, the Robot Superman is the one I'd want to keep.

....hey Skips, you told me you didn't like the Robot Superman, maybe you could sell that figure to me if you buy the set? ;)

I guess I really need to see the Jim Lee Superman in person.

Maybe once Toy Fair comes around we'll get to see exactly how the figure looks.

But it's the same mold, I'm not even sure they're even going to make a new head for him....as of right now all that's different is no ivy and his cape isn't messed up....so for the most part he shouldn't look any better or worse....just clean. :)

According to page 129 of the March 2006 edition of Previews, "Each figure (included in Superman Through The Ages Action Figure Gift Set) features a new head and cape".

OmegaHarbinger

According to page 129 of the March 2006 edition of Previews, "Each figure (included in Superman Through The Ages Action Figure Gift Set) features a new head and cape".

OmegaHarbinger

Cool....good to know. :)

I wish i didn;t want this set. I really don't NEED more superman figs but these look cool.

I passed on GA Superman because of his cloth cape. Problem solved.

I never liked Hush Superman because it was covered with plants and looked evil. ie.e too specific from a lame story. Problem solved.

I love the AR Superman but i agree he looks too damn old. But it has the best body, now with the JB head. problem solved.

The robot superman is kinda neat.

Overall i know i don't NEED this set but it it goes for like 30 bucks i'll be asll over it.

I looks like the robot superman is just a new head and cape on the Superman body from the Batman/Superman line. Can anyone else see that or am i crazy.

That's what it is, but I'm 95% sure the Robot Superman was drawn by the same artist that did the Batman/Superman comic.

Can't wait! The John Byrne Superman looks great and I will definitely display him instead of the Superman I currently am displaying.

I looks like the robot superman is just a new head and cape on the Superman body from the Batman/Superman line. Can anyone else see that or am i crazy.

That's what it is, but I'm 95% sure the Robot Superman was drawn by the same artist that did the Batman/Superman comic.

You're 100% right. ;) Ed McGuinness was the artist for both the first Superman/Batman story arc and the JLA Classified adventure which introduced robot Superman as part of "a Justice League of the Dark Knight's own design". If a Batman Through The Ages Action Figure Gift Pack is ever made, it's unlikely DC will follow the exact same formula and include a robot Batman because I don't believe there was one in Grant Morrison's story.

OmegaHarbinger