Mauler MBT vs Patriot Grizzly

Buckwheat826

The MBT was toward the end of my childhood collecting and never made it to my shelf. I own a NF Patriot and I like it. It's big and serves as a cool playset, but I am debating a hunt for an MBT. How much smaller is it in comparison to the Grizzly? The back of the MBT looks really similar to the Mobat/ CAT. I know they are different right? Or are they? .... (just modded)

What do you prefer?

I'd say the Mauler is 25% smaller than the Grizzly. I don't have them for comparison, so I'm just guessing. The Mauler is also larger than the M.O.B.A.T.

M.O.B.A.T.: Holds 1 figure. Drives on its own. Personally think it is WAY too small.

Mauler: Holds 2 figures. Drives on its own. Quite realistic, IMO.

Grizzly: Holds 3 (or is it 4?) figures. Has an actual firing gun and sound effects. Looks pretty realistic.

The Mauler is DEFINATELY better than the M.O.B.A.T. and I'm consdering getting one when I get the chance. But I was never too keen on the vehicles that "drove themselves." Didn't make them much fun to play with. The tank starts driving and you are in the middle of some other action, then you have to stop and turn off the tank as it drives away.

But I was never too keen on the vehicles that "drove themselves." Didn't make them much fun to play with. The tank starts driving and you are in the middle of some other action, then you have to stop and turn off the tank as it drives away.

LOL @loll@

I hear it.. Wouldn't trust the little dudes at the wheel, especially since they're only 3.75" tall.

Thanks

The PG is a nice tank, but the Mauler owns it hands down. I loved the realism of it. The PG suffers from the Action feature that makes it hard to manually maneuver the turret, and the fact the turret dowesn't elevate. The molded-on treads add to this, making it feel a bit artificial to me.

Another awesome tank to get that you didn't mention is the BTR Grizzley, which is an incredible vehicle even if you don't like BTR. It has working treads, an elevating turret, and lots of room inside for figures (you could drop one inside the turret, and one in the main tank as a driver, and they can completely sit inside the vehicle). I actually like it better than the regular PG, but not as much as the Mauler.

All of them are better than the Mobat IMO, which is just silly for leaving the driver so exposed.

Why does Wild Bill drive the PG and NFG?

BECAUSE HE DID IN THE CARTOON DVD---SYPTROOPERS

I COULD NEVER FIGURE THAT OUT EITHER THOUGH -----YOU HAVE SO MANY CHARACTERS ALREADY DEVOLPED FOR TANKERS AND YOU USE A PIOLT????

WTF????

THTAS WHAT I THOUGHT SWITCH GEARS WAS GOING TO FOR ------AND HE DOES MAN MY PG'S

BOTH OF THEM-----------

THAT MAY BE MY NEXT 3 3/4 CUSTOM TREND-----------THE JOE TANKERS

OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD

STEELER, SWITCH GEARS, HEAVY METAL, ------MAYBE THUNDER,TOLLBOOTH, CROSS COUNTRY ,STEAMROLLER,BACK STOP AND LONG RANGE------

AND MAKE THEM ALL FROM --THE 3RD INFANTRY MECH DIV--------WHICH I WAS IN

DOC

One thing I hated about the Mauler was that there was no place to put a figure or two in the turret. That always bugged me. Otherwise it's a really cool vehicle. Don't know much about the Grizzly though.

The real Mauler could only take one person in the turret and even then only in a semi reclined posture. The other 2 crew were in the hull. The cool thing was that any member could fire the main gun from their position as they all have sights and digital fire control. The gun was the ARES 75mm hypervelocity cannon.

It was called the High Survivability Test Vehicle (Lightweight) or HSTV(L) for short.

The tank is only 7ft 11' high from tread to top of turret so standing in it like a regular tank is out, unless you want to be really exposed.

I thought it was cool that the Joes had cutting edge technology at the time.

Edited by EvilGenius

Does anyone hav a pic of the Mauler MBT?

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/mauler/

Both tanks are pretty cool but I think the Mauler edges out the Grizzly in my Joe-verse. I've had the Mauler since I was a kid so it holds a special place with my Joes. It's also on a much more managable scale in relation to the giant Patriot Grizzly. I pretty much hated the Grizzly when I first saw it but picked it up on a whim when it was being clearenced out for 12 bucks at TRU. After I opened up the beast it was a pretty neat toy, a bit huge and the lack of vertical movement for the turrent is dissapointing, but its still a fun tank nonetheless.

The PG is great for a somewhat realistic MBT scaled tank, but Mauler does kicks its oversized armored butt.

Both of those, topple over the MOBAT by far.

The Brawler is another tank, it has actual operating reactive armor on it. Has some detracting orange on it, though.

I actually like the Equalizer as my favorite tank.

I know it's the same base (modded Mauler) but reminds me too much of the Wolverine.

The Brawler is another tank, it has actual operating reactive armor on it. Has some detracting orange on it, though.

Was thinking more of a traditional "tank" type tank.

I think the Mauler is the way to go but hard to find good ones.

Thanks.