What were the hardest to find TF's you ever got?

Dark Gundam

Has there ever been a TF that you had to have in your collection, and it was a pain the ass to find? My most recent ones, Superlink shadowhawk cosmos type, I needed two, as they appear in the show. It took me 2 and a half months of bidding and getting outbid before I snagged 2 of these. The seller had quite a few of them and sold them all one at a time. I cracked and paid 25$ for each one, the shipping cost alone was 15 bucks from Singapore. Do you have any transformer hunting nightmares?

took forever for a jetfire? I got one (loose, no acc.) for free at a garage sale. They were closing and had to liquidate, so to speak. Also got an original "Splinter" from TMNT for like $0.25, jetfire was a bonus. @firedevil@

The biggest pain was searching for a G1 prime for 7 1/2 years...finally snagged one at a comic shop. I actually thought I'd find one at a resturant giftshop.

No, I wasn't just dumb, I was dumber than dumb I was..(looks around in fear)..6!!! Or was it 5 1/2?

The jetfire I snagged was a Macross/Robotech painted wing version...he is now missing his stabilizers, well, I still have them, they just snapped off. @screamer@

@rambo@ The TNI idiot. #Granade#

Swoop. Finding one before the internet, in great condition, was insanely impossible. The closest one I found was a headless one at a comic shop back in the late 80's. When they were new in late 84, I only saw Swoop once, and didn't buy him.

I finally got Swoop this past year in a lot of TF's and Gobots for $55 so I'm happy.

Hmm...for me it'd probably have to be Lio Convoy MISB. I was like Dark Gundam in the sense that I would find him every now and then on eBay but get outbid every time. My patience finally won out in the end and I eventually found a good Buy It Now price on one and jumped on it.

Edited by Devil Bat

Cyclonus. I refused to pay ebay prices for one since often sellers lie about the condition. So now I have 2.

One Targetmaster with the nicest set of decals I have ever seen and is in out of box brand spanking new condition. I also have one regular which is in great shape.

I guess I'll go with g1 Jetfire. At the time I was looking for him, all the complete ones in good condition were going for around $100+ and I didn't want to pay that much.

So I waited....

And waited....

And waited.

FINALLY I managed to score a nice one that was complete with no paint chipping on the nose for $80. There was a little yellowing but it was relatively minor and easy to live with. All in all it was a very good buy I think, and well worth the wait.

The hardest for me to find (still haven't) were the WST's Soundwave wave1 and Megatron wave 2.

My dumbass never bought a case, but instead bought blind box after blindbox, I was seriously lame. So even though I did score an Ultra Mag, it was a letdown after multiple Primes and Thrusts.

nothing as when it comes to TF I no longer really have any certain one I am looking for, I just buy what I can find if its a decent price when I see it :S if Ihave the $ :S

lol

kinda sad really ... TFs do not get me excited that much any more :(

I guess I'll go with a jetfire I found at a garage sale one time a year or two ago I guess for this one too :S

Edited by synch

Mine will have to be the exclusives I have. Although a good friend of mine at a certain site is helpin me out with that problem. I still need a ghost and black screamer MISB. I want those bad. Plus any other ehobby figs on ebay that pop up for a good price.