DTC found at TRU

JoeRhyno

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget how many figures those pegs hold, maybe about 10 or 12, but it was overloaded with DTC figures. The peg was over in the dragonball z figure section, and I ended up moving them over to the G.I. Joe section. I was hoping to find another emblemless cobra viper and gung ho, but I gave up and picked up the last two gung ho and cobra viper sets.

im not sure if someone said this yet or not but is it possible a couple toysrus' put them out earlier than they were suposed to? Maybe hasbro shipped them to the toysrus' and they were supposed to put them out after the toyfair.... o well who cares we will know soon enough

Hmmm...well, so far from what I can tell, the TRU's with these items have been in New Jersey...and isn't TRU headquartered in NJ? Maybe these are "test market" things or something...or perhaps just extra Amazon stock that are being distributed through TRU's corporate warehouse...

Interesting, though.

Justin

With more reports of this, you have to wonder if maybe something truely IS in the works, besides a few chance sightings due to a return of some DTC stuff?

MY THEORY:

Someone is returning DTC figures to toys r us for more than they paid for them, therefore makeing a profit. If its someone in NJ, they are simply hitting up all the TRU's as to not seem suspicious.

-saboteur

that's possible, and making an even greater profit if they bought them with the 25% off and free shipping sale. They would essentially be doubling their profit, though only in TRU gift cards, as TRU doesn't give cash back without a receipt, but will return them for store credit as long as they scan in.

Hmmmmm...?

So when one takes these back for return, you just tell the TRU guys that you got it off of Amaozon.com and they will geive you store credit?

You can but not all managers allow it even though they are supposed too. If it`s without a reciept though they do have the right to refuse the return should the choose to.

someone has blown a return into propaghanda for DTC

i can say with confidence, tru is not getting DTC.

DTC is a line filler, to keep interest untill they relaunch them

everybody needs to relax, its a phase, joe will be back, for now calm down on the conspiracist theories and play with the ones you have!

:D

everybody needs to relax, its a phase, joe will be back, for now calm down on the conspiracist theories and play with the ones you have!

Would be nice if I could believe that statement at this point.

I just got back from the somerville toys r us off of the route 206 traffic circle, and they had one snow serpent, one range viper, and a bunch of crimson guard. Don't know if they were all returns or not.

Ok this has to be some sort of a Hokes. Who in the write mind would return a "BLEEPING" Crimson Guard figure? I have been trying forever to get my hand a decent set of "BLEEPING" Crimson Guards. There are always two problems when trying to get hand on some Crimson Guards, either I do not have the money, or I the have money yet there sold out. It is like a "BLEEPING" curse. The only Crimson Gourd I got is Tomax, Xamot and 2 agent Faces in Crimson Guard disguise. @smilepunch@

Hmmmmm...?

So when one takes these back for return, you just tell the TRU guys that you got it off of Amaozon.com and they will geive you store credit?

TRU return policy is store credit for any return without a receipt. you don't have to say you bought it on amazon, you don't even have to say where you bought it at all. just tell them you would like to return it. if it scans in and the product shows up in their system, they have no reason to believe TRU has never carried it, thus they take it back and resell it since it is in their system as a product they do sell.

this has nothing to do with amazon at all.

It makes a lot of sense, these figures were probably bought in bulk during the sale, returned to TRU, received giftcards, and the giftcards sold on ebay for cash, or used to buy other things at TRU. This is a major flaw in TRU's return policy.

-saboteur

With more reports of this, you have to wonder if maybe something truely IS in the works,

It's pretty much been confirmed that something is in the works in regards to this. Look at some of the various threads on this and notice who's posted. You'll see rather quickly that something is definitely up.

Up for a wager on this comment? ;)

This is a major flaw in TRU's return policy.

-saboteur

yup. back when Target was clearancing their Cobra mountains for $10, some posters reported buying muliples and returning them to TRU for $40 in gift cards, then cleaning up on $40 worth of Joe products from TRU and only having to spend $10 at Target to do so.

It makes a lot of sense, these figures were probably bought in bulk during the sale, returned to TRU, received giftcards, and the giftcards sold on ebay for cash, or used to buy other things at TRU. This is a major flaw in TRU's return policy.

-saboteur

Funny, there's a guy from NJ selling TRU gift cards. @hmmm@

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toys-R-us-Gift-Cards-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wasn't North Bergen one of the sitings?

common080.gif

Funny, there's a guy from NJ selling TRU gift cards. @hmmm@

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toys-R-us-Gift-Cards-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wasn't North Bergen one of the sitings?

I think that is purely coincidence. If someone returned the figures, the gift card would be for whatever amount the figure plus tax came to, something like $7.41 per figure (6.99 plus 6% sales tax) not a nice round $10 each.