DTC found at TRU

JoeRhyno

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we will have to just see when ToFair comes along. This is good news if this is the case, I would buy more if the figures were local. I like to buy for sure one of everything to ensure that I get one of everything and if I have to do that online then so be it. However, if they were to bring the single carded figures back to retail, I would still get one case on line to make sure I got one of eveything, then get multiples at the store.

The other day I was setting there thinking about what might become of G.I.Joe in the future. I some time have dreams about thing and the come true in the future. One of these Dreams had to do with the return of G.I.Joe to Retail. The second was not being able to find G.I.Joe at all. Lately I have not had any dreams about Joe. This had me somewhat worried about what has to become of G.I.Joe. Then I got to thinking about this Dream I had About Toys R Us. In this Dream Toys R Us all most goes bankrupt and saved by the online business. I remember arguing with store clerk in my dream where my order was. I also remember that they had some stuff in the store but most of the store only dealt with online orders.

There was one dream I had about G.I.Joe Returning to mainstream stores. They where in single pack, the way they use to be in the golden days of G.I.Joe. The main thing I remember about it arguing with my son over a new version of Ally Viper. The Ally Viper in my Dream had a blue Color schema. After really thinking about it, it might not have been an Ally Viper at all, it might have been a Night creeper.

You can call me crazy but you cannot blame me for Dreaming the return of G.I.Joe the way it used to be.

Here is the Original link.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2003921&hl=

@wacko@

Does any one remember my post about the Future of G.I.Joe? I do, and went and found it. What is weird about this is how some of my predictions look like they are coming true. To Start with the Closing down of some Toy R us stores. That was in the first part of my predictions. The second thing I predicted was the return of Joe to mainstream stores. If this rumor about single pack returning to mainstream store are true. That would make the second part of my predictions true and a little scary. I just wish I could come up with some lotto numbers. @$@ @smilepunch@

Maybe the Blue Alley Viper was the Viper that is in wave three.

Edited by Agrevane

Well, I just heard from a little birdy that Joe is slated to return to TRU in February. What we are seeing here, is just a backstock/newstock trickle in early. Kewl stuff if it's for real..which I believe in this case.

If this is true why the high price tag? I would much rather have them DTC only and pay the less than $5 price.

Not only that, but if this all ends up happening (as it's being speculated here) I doubt that pricetag will remain. I would go so far as to speculate that it would hover around the $4.99 price, if these hit retail again.

After reading this I went to one of "toys r us" here in delaware and found nothing. This sucks so bad. They still have stuff online, but that is not the same as going to the store. I hope the figures make their way back to the shelves. I just got back into collecting and this happens.

Chris

I live in N.Y.C. Can't be too soon before I see them here (if true), But I still think our hopes are high :(. Wit the pics of the scan and all why would TRU put it in their computer for a small amount of figures. I'm goin to go start hittin my TRUs a lot more now. But that price of $6.99 is a little high :(. Great idea wit the pics and all begins a lot of truth to this!

I live in N.Y.C. Can't be too soon before I see them here (if true), But I still think our hopes are high :(. Wit the pics of the scan and all why would TRU put it in their computer for a small amount of figures. I'm goin to go start hittin my TRUs a lot more now. But that price of $6.99 is a little high :(. Great idea wit the pics and all begins a lot of truth to this!

Finally, I can get DTC from TRU, and nerve online. S6 is in big trouble, pluse those figures are still warming the pegs.

Where is Nerve Online? Do they have fast shipping? :blink:

And why is S6 in "big trouble"?

my vote..

No: Retail

Yes: DTC from HTS!!! All the way

comments: disregard silly "he say she say" crap, wait until the Toy Fair and hear the TRU story from the real sources.

Agreed, and anxiously waiting.......

why doesn't someone who is going to TRU just grab a DTC figures card back and take it up to TRU and scan it AND SEE IF IT COMES UP? If it does then we know it is not just at the one single TRU that this happened... then we know if it is a company wide thing.

I did just that. I took the package for the wave 2 Snow Serpent. Using one of the price scanners, it said just as pointed out in earlier posts "G..I. joe Single F" $6.99 on sale for $5.59 (my store is closing, hence the "sale" price).

What does it mean? Nothing.

This all sounds good to me, if they start truly showing up at TRU.

Im gonna go check my Tru tommorow i think.

Has wave 2 been spotted at retail yet? I hope so cuz i never got that wave, except for some range vipers and snow serpents.

why is this still even being toyed with as a possibility? i realize you guys are hoping beyond hope that gi joe will make a comeback to retail, but seriously...

we already know that an item can be manually entered into tru's system, all it takes is one clueless employee to believe someone bought the figure from their store because "hey, we sell gi joe here!" and another to feed some customer willing to believe him some bull-line that the other figures were stocked in the morning but conveniently sold out because he/she didn't feel like dealing with another question.

if tru was carrying an exclusive line, we'd know. we'd have word from tru, and we'd certainly have a heads-up from hasbro. those that are willing to post master collector's "ultra super top secret newsletters" would more than likely have already passed the information along to us, or hasbro would have made a public announcement on their website. just because they haven't gotten on the ball and released wave three themselves and two dtc figures showed up in one tru out of the hundreds nation-wide means absolutely nothing.

you think news like that would have slipped through the cracks around here? come on. as much as i'd like to see joe's return to the mainstream, if its going to happen, it hasn't yet.

sincerely,

- the dream-killing, party-pooping, parade-raining buzzkill.

sincerely,

- the dream-killing, party-pooping, parade-raining buzzkill.

I want Joes back at retail and all that, but that was the absolutely funniest way to end your post dfx. Thank you for that!

I use to work at a KB Toys Outlet, and we took back two Johnny Lighting "Speed Racer" Diecast cars that where bought online from KBtoys.com. I remember cause it was the first time I'd seen them in person, and we just put them on our own shelf instead of sending them back to the company. The reason being that is a huge hassle to send the stuff back to the company and then have it reshipped to the online wharehouse and then put back in the system. It's just easier to sell it in your own store if it's in the computer. That's proably why you're not suppose to return online mechandise to Brick and Motar stores.

They're still cheaper. Don't forget you're not paying shipping charges by picking them up yourself from a local TRU.

Not really. When you consider buying two boxes (that's what I've done) and then the three and six packs that usually come out at the same time, shipping is on par with tax. HTS and other online retailers run shipping sales every once in a while too.

$7 is too much, way too much for me to keep up with these. Two small Joes or one big ole Sigma 6. I know the haters will love the comparison.

They're still cheaper. Don't forget you're not paying shipping charges by picking them up yourself from a local TRU.

Not really. When you consider buying two boxes (that's what I've done) and then the three and six packs that usually come out at the same time, shipping is on par with tax. HTS and other online retailers run shipping sales every once in a while too.

$7 is too much, way too much for me to keep up with these. Two small Joes or one big ole Sigma 6. I know the haters will love the comparison.

@pow@

@smilepunch@