DTC found at TRU

JoeRhyno

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At most places when you ask if there is any more of toy "x" 'in the back', the "We put a case out and the rest must have sold" is a standard line for "I have no idea and I will just make something up to sound knowledgeable."

As someone that's worked retail before it's sooo much easier to tell people something like that or anything else they might want to hear just so you can get your work done (especially during the holidays) then to tell them the truth. As said in MIB "a person is smart, people are stupid." When you deal with people a lot in retail, you tend to want to get them out of your face as quickly as possible. :) Sad but true. Plus, day workers generally have NO idea what's come into the store if they're not management as those workers don't unload the freight from the trucks into the store so they can either guess or they can check and find out... you can guess how often they actually check. :D

Just tossing out random thoughts here...

could this be another (speculated) reason for the lack of wave 3 figures being available on the Hasbro site?

Sounds like it means the great online experiment is over. $6.99 for 1 figure though WTF?

What's to complain about? The new Star Wars Saga figures are going for $7.99 each.

True. No one ever complains about high SW prices.

It was what I expected: When S6 begins to weaken, they quickly use the 3-3/4" Joes to fill their place.

Just tossing out random thoughts here...

could this be another (speculated) reason for the lack of wave 3 figures being available on the Hasbro site?

I really don't think that is it. HTS hasn't updated with any new items lately. No saga SW, no new S6, nothing. I think they are just not giving the site a chance.

Hell, seeing how the price for these match up to the price for them online (through amazon)..

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...v=glance&s=toys

it's suddenly seeming as though there was a "return" of these two figures, and maybe they TOOK them back (through the retail outlet) and just threw them back on the shelves?

I can envision one of two things. 1. A Case of them was mistakenly shipped to TRU from HAsbro and 2. Someone who purchased them online returned them to the store.

The Picture from the scanner shows the price and description of the last series available at retail from the VvV stuff. GiJoe 3.75 Basic assortment.

The Picture from the scanner shows the price and description of the last series available at retail from the VvV stuff. GiJoe 3.75 Basic assortment.

no, it says G.I. joe Single F, which is safe to assume means Figure, which would correspond to the description of the figures on Amazon, which is also TRU's online store: GI Joe 3.75 Single Figure Crimson Guard. also, if you look at the skin number of the CG at amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...s=toys&n=597568 ) it is SKN: 262886, which is also the SKN number that is registered on the TRU scanner in the pick: 262886. so either that is an amzingly great photoshop job, or the DTC products are in brick and mortar TRU systems. either way, it isn't the price and description of the last series available at retail from the VvV stuff. GiJoe 3.75 Basic assortment. it actually says nothing close to that.

now, it isn't unreasonable to believe that TRU has the figures in their system, and by doing so one could return the figures to a TRU with no problem since they would scan in. the question is how they got to the store, as a return or through distribution?

Guys,

A few figures at a single TRU do not a retail release make!

The notion of the Amazon.com return is the most likely story, plain and simple. Now, Toy Fair is in just a few weeks and I'm sure that if Joe is going to return to retail we'll hear something then. Toy Fair is when we get the "official" statements from Hasbro and the retailers so I think we should just hang on a while longer before running out to TRU and coming home disappointed.

As far as the "Sigma 6 stumbling and bringing out the 3.75" guys", I really don't think that's the case. The stores in my area are moving S6 at a pretty good pace-- not counting the two Ninja Hovercycles. The figures are indeed selling and I've even seen kids asking for them on two separate occasions. The series may not be airing enough episodes and may not be to everyone's liking but I think the toy line is doing just fine.

There most likely is a logical reason for no Wave 3 at HTS yet. Has HTS received newer figures from any of their other stocked lines recently? If not, then they're either doing inventory and are therefore not accepting any new merch or the future may not be so bright for HTS. I'm not going to speculate on way or the other but if we see nothing in the next week or so there I'm fully convinced that there will be some type of announcement made at Toy Fair 2006.

Just a few thoughts from someone who's NOT going to Toy Fair this year.

Leo

why doesn't someone who is going to TRU just grab a DTC figures card back and take it up to TRU and scan it AND SEE IF IT COMES UP? If it does then we know it is not just at the one single TRU that this happened... then we know if it is a company wide thing.

Now that I've thought about it for a minute, I'd bet these are just 'returns' to TRU after being purchased on Amazon. They must have manually keyed in the price and description.

There are enough TRU employees who lurk toy boards to miss such an entry into TRU's computer system. It would have been huge news.

That's an excellent theory, although he did say the employee told him they put a case out and they sold. Looks like someone stashed the 2 army builders for later purchse?

Yeah but I bought non store items that were returned to TRU but they were not in the system. They had to use a geneic code for it to work. I wonder if this really is a return?

Viper Hunter is on to something. I bet they were just returns.

Even though you are not supposed to return tru.com stuff to a brick and mortar I have and I bet someone who only wanted one set did. They bought a case and took back the two per case figures.

The most puzzling part to me is why would anyone ever return a Crimson Guard?

Viper Hunter is on to something. I bet they were just returns.

Even though you are not supposed to return tru.com stuff to a brick and mortar I have and I bet someone who only wanted one set did. They bought a case and took back the two per case figures.

The most puzzling part to me is why would anyone ever return a Crimson Guard?

TRU stores do accept returns from the website. It is in their policy. Some workers though don`t allow returns though as they don`t want to deal with the stock and make up that excuse but they are supposed to. That`s how I bought a Mega SCF Ironhide Transformers PVC Figure from TRU. Heck, that was even a Japanese exclusive!

Well, I just heard from a little birdy that Joe is slated to return to TRU in February. What we are seeing here, is just a backstock/newstock trickle in early. Kewl stuff if it's for real..which I believe in this case.

Unless it's wave 3 or wave 4 why do we care??If they do start hitting at b@m stores and they turn out to be wave 1 and 2 they are going to sit on the shelf til that TRU closes.Seems to me if this is the case Hasbro may be dropping their overstock into TRU.While a return to shelves would be great I hope it's some of the stuff we've been waiting on and not the stuff Hasbro has filling up their warehouses.