DTC found at TRU

JoeRhyno

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it means the great online experiment is over. $6.99 for 1 figure though WTF?

What's to complain about? The new Star Wars Saga figures are going for $7.99 each.

Depends where you go, but it does suck when you used to beable to get 2 figs for $6.99/7.99 and now only one...lol... first we b!tched that we had 2 packs.. now we're b!tchin' about single packs... oh boy.

Now that I've thought about it for a minute, I'd bet these are just 'returns' to TRU after being purchased on Amazon. They must have manually keyed in the price and description.

There are enough TRU employees who lurk toy boards to miss such an entry into TRU's computer system. It would have been huge news.

That is exactly what I started thinking too. I was really excited then as I had time to settle down, These are army builders and the only two figures who come two to a case. So despite the story that the employee gave the poster I have the feeling they were also returns but if not, heck yeah!

Now that I've thought about it for a minute, I'd bet these are just 'returns' to TRU after being purchased on Amazon. They must have manually keyed in the price and description.

There are enough TRU employees who lurk toy boards to miss such an entry into TRU's computer system. It would have been huge news.

That's an excellent theory, although he did say the employee told him they put a case out and they sold. Looks like someone stashed the 2 army builders for later purchse?

Edited by Daredrummer

sorry for the ignorance... what is DTC?

Direct to consumer... or customer. Whatever.

Crazy though... the TRU guy apparently put a bunch on shelves eh? Guess the secret to selling Joes was putting 'em into some '80s style packaging.

Still... sounds fishy to me too.

But what I read over at Joecustoms and it makes since, the employee fibbed, He told the customer they sold out so he wouldnt have to go to the back. Just tell em you know they sold out and hope the customer takes your word. Could have happened here but who knows, we will just have to wait and see if anyone else finds anything in the coming weeks.

So let me get this strait. A couple of DTC wave one has shone up at a Toy's R Us and every one believe it is a return that some one has bought at Amazon .com. I hope it is more like Hasbro has came to there senses and has decided to let Toy r Us do an exclusive.

Edited by Agrevane

It's true.....something just doesn't sit right. It seems like news this huge would somehow have broken sooner.

I've been into illusion lately, so if it's possible these could manually have been put in, it's very possible this is a work. He just could have said the guy told him about putting the case out.

Also, how do the old CD single packs ring up?

Maybe this is just an employee work, he took the pics then keyed in the description?

Aw heck I don't know. I guess it depends on how trustworthy this guy is.

At most places when you ask if there is any more of toy "x" 'in the back', the "We put a case out and the rest must have sold" is a standard line for "I have no idea and I will just make something up to sound knowledgeable."

Again, if an entry for single packs were to show up in TRU's POS system nationally, then we've got a story.

At most places when you ask if there is any more of toy "x" 'in the back', the "We put a case out and the rest must have sold" is a standard line for "I have no idea and I will just make something up to sound knowledgeable."

Another good point.

But still....something is just...odd.

I need definitive closure on this

@popcorn@

Even if it is so, I'm not overjoyed unless they got to Target again. TRU has closed in my nighborhood as with many others on the way. If TRU is on its way out, why carry DTC? Gotta be leftovers from Waves 1 and 2. DTC will prob continue to go to the online stores instead of HTS from now on. No way around the markups, if that's the case.

well, you know te new owners of toys r us did ask hasbro to let them carry the DTC line as an exclusive to toys r us only.

Hasbro said they'd think about it. Anyhow that's why this did not surprise me too much but when you consider how many toys r us stores are closing then it put question to te rumor still.

I still havn't seen if any toys r us's are closing in my area........I have 2 near by.

Well, I'll just take this interesting news as AWESOME if it's any indication of the figures returning to retail (TRU at least) as that would certainly be what I'd HOPE for, and any excitement or comment on the matter, is merely just that..nothing more.

Any attempt to douse the excitement being felt over a "WHAT IF?" with a counter post of "NOT LIKELY!" isn't necessary for me, as I've learnt a loooong time ago, that seeing is believing, in this hobby. ^_^

Never hurts to express our wishful thinkings though.