Routh talks Batman vs Superman

Wheeljack35

Routh talks Batman Vs.Superman

It’s long been the plan to team Superman and Batman up on the big-screen, and just a few short years ago – with Wolfgang Peterson set to take the rudder – it was nearly a reality. The film, "Batman Vs.Superman" would see the Caped Crusader actually going up against the Metropolis good-guy.

It's still the plan to do the film, but after both series' have done a couple of solo efforts. So “Batman” star Christian Bale is up for it, what about the new “Superman”, Brandon Routh?

“It’s a tough thing to think about…because I don’t think Superman should be fighting Batman”, the new Man of Steel tells IESB.net.

“I’d have to read the script to see if there was a backbone behind it, besides them just fighting – they should save the world, not [fight].

That'll be one sweet movie!

The idea of Batman a true match for Superman seems kinda stupid to me.....I mean how can a ordinary human keep up with someone that can move at the speed of sound? Having Batman have to use the kryptonite ring would also be lame (to me at least)....I don't think the concept of Batman vs Superman would make a very good movie.

I read somewhere that the Superman/Batman movie is mostly not going to happen.

Its an awsome idea for a Superman/Batman team up but not a VS movie..............and obiviously they need to come out a title for the movie.

I would like to see something in the line of what they did in the cartoon series. They didn't like each other all that much at first but knew they had to work together to beat Lex and Joker.

That being said, it is not likely that they will be able to do this. Not because they don't want to but because of legal issues. It's they same issues that kept Smallville producers from bring Bruce Wayne into the series, even for an episode.

It would be cool tho.

it would only make sense if it was made based on the DKR storyline. Anything else would be dumb.

So u hate all the SUperman/Batman team up stories except DKR?

it would only make sense if it was made based on the DKR storyline. Anything else would be dumb.

Why would it be stupid? You gotta think that the current movies are not going anywhere near the DKR story line. If they were going to do this it would have to be consistant with the current movies and there storylines. Of course even that wouldn't be writen in stone

out of the superman/batman comic I love ( which Is it true its ending :( ? ) One of my fave lines is old sups saying to batman

" you know bruce, one thing that allways pissed me off was you and you're toys kicking my ass " :P

I think if they were going to have a movie out, they should put out a comic / based movie ( which would hopefully get some other peeps back into comics again ) which would give background on it ...

like ... have sups/bats first running into each other /ect/fighting/ ect then becoming pals, then opening up into the movie :P

Kinda like with the clone wars toon for starwars....

or heck just do a toon/ premovie version with all that :P then have the movie at that point :P

ONe thing though I'd want is it to be the same/ people from the batman beyond movie, in the sups movie, and hte same guys from the new sups movie as well ( which I hope is good :S ) Other wise it would just be lameeeeeeeeeeeeee lame lame!

WHat I'd love to see... is rahalguis return ... and a love/story interest between bruce and talia/ that could lead to the entire bruce/running into clark kent investigating her ect bit and a reason for them teaming up/and even fighting a bit too

batman couldn't really so much as fight, but more like take supes by surprise ect / hiding running away / with smoke bombs ect :S Like in that toon where they teamed up, sups was so surprised when bats through him ect @loll@ it was so priceless @loll@

If they do anything I hope its like Sandy Corolla's fan film World's Finest (not the cartoon).

If you haven't watched it, Check it:

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/nonsw/worldsfinest/index.asp

Same guy who made Batman: Dead End, you know the one with the predators B)

IMO, the Batman costume in Batman:Deadend was better than Batman begins. Collera used the classic Bat costume which is more realistic looking & classic looking than the black rubberized armored movie look. I really was hoping that was the look they were gonna give Bale in the movie, considering that it was supposed to be based on his 1st time being the Bat. Instead we get this batsuit that looks more high tech than the batsuits in the other 4 movies! I really don't know why WB can't make a teamup movie featuring those 2 iconic characters! They own them, they should be able to do any dang movie with them in it that they please! How come it's not a problem to team them up in the cartoon?

I think people are getting confused here. ..

a team up: yes it would be great.

a batman vs superman: dumb idea

its like asking marvel to have spiderman show up with the fantastic four or somethign like than. That's cool and would be great to see on screen. Same as Batman and Superman working together. However, could we see the WB doing somethign like that? not for a long time (if they even consider it)

The idea of Batman a true match for Superman seems kinda stupid to me.....I mean how can a ordinary human keep up with someone that can move at the speed of sound? Having Batman have to use the kryptonite ring would also be lame (to me at least)....I don't think the concept of Batman vs Superman would make a very good movie.

Lex Luthor has been doing it (battling Superman) for years....Batman has the business savvy and bucks of Luthor as well as the greatest detective mind of all time.

I think that if power were the only factor Supes would win without question.....However, Batman will be looking to level the playing field and won't simply engage in a head on fist fight (he ain't stupid). If this movie becomes a reality look for Batman to set and spring traps on Supes....I predict a draw....and the two of them teaming up to tackle the real villian (who is hiding behind the scenes of course, until Batman and Superman figure it out)

a team up is cool but a VS movie would make no sense.

I think they should have Batman and Superman Fight the Aliens and Predators who then fight Freddy and Jason who then fight Leatherface and Michael Myers, who then fight the Terminator and Robocop.

Does anyone know where i can get a copy or buy a copy of the Worlds Finest movie,,,its seems to be alot of work for a 3 min spot

I'd say at a comic convention. That's where I snagged a copy of Batman:Deadend.

a team up is cool but a VS movie would make no sense.

I think they should have Batman and Superman Fight the Aliens and Predators who then fight Freddy and Jason who then fight Leatherface and Michael Myers, who then fight the Terminator and Robocop.

Who then fights Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. @loll@

If they do anything I hope its like Sandy Corolla's fan film World's Finest (not the cartoon).

Corolla's Worlds Finest was really that great. It was nice to see another film of his but nah!

He's just not that good!

Corolla's Worlds Finest was really that great. It was nice to see another film of his but nah!

He's just not that good!

Cutting a trailer is tough. Collora has done a really nice one with World's Finest--with good edits, and working with a minimal budget. Sure its dopey in spots, but this is a guy that's doing it on his own dime. Batman Deadend is a decent short, and its all it ever was intended to be. Its got good ideas and works as a student or demo reel film--which is what it is.

Neither is a "complete" work, but as is they play well.

Collora has a good future ahead in film, IMO, and I'd like to see some more work come from him. He's not ready to tackle a big project like this--just yet. In time though.